Westminster Politics

Surely the Tories won't bring Johnson back in? It just screams of a move that is destined to backfire horribly for them. I'm sure Labour would prefer Johnson back in with his investigations and shit show from last time lingering than be up against Rishi or Penny.

Not that I care for the Conservative party but getting rid of Truss was essential, but to bring back the guy who was kicked out before and may have mislead parliament? Surely they're not that crazy and nor is the country to accept that.

:wenger:

so truss killed the queen - a woman incapable of reading a sentence without feking it up ... a woman who didnt even manage to vote for herself in a confidence motion killed the quen an covered it up... I think we can safely assume this is the rantings of a crazy person

you know the internet is full of these weirdos right?

edit - just noticed you were replying to someone else

Surely the Tories won't bring Johnson back in? It just screams of a move that is destined to backfire horribly for them. I'm sure Labour would prefer Johnson back in with his investigations and shit show from last time lingering than be up against Rishi or Penny.

Not that I care for the Conservative party but getting rid of Truss was essential, but to bring back the guy who was kicked out before and may have mislead parliament? Surely they're not that crazy and nor is the country to accept that.
I mean there only seems to be 3 in the running

And looking at the declarations so far boris is on 52, rishi 47 and morduant 17

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...?pru=AAABhB2nDJ0*Xql0Do2fwlKotsxsSrDYZw#gid=0

If you extrapolate that out it seems most probable that a final 2 is Rishi and Boris

Both got a fixed penalty notice - the parties in the garden is a shred garden between no10 and no11

Rishis argument will be I told you so
Boris will say he is the only one with a mandate from the electorate

And I would not be surprised if Boris won an online poll of conservative members

If either of them win it seems hard to imagine the others backers falling in line ... but Mordaunt does not seem to have the momentum and no real time to generate it - she will basically need the likes of May, Hunt, Some ERG loons, Gove to all publicly back ASAP to get that kind of momentum so at the moment i would make Boris slight favourite over rishi and both way ahead of Mordaunt or anybody else

I don’t really follow how Boris can be back in the running having been forced to resign so recently. A fairly remarkable situation.

Lads, he’s served his sentence. Learnings have been learninged. Reflections have been reflectioned. He’s been out of front line politics and the leadership of his party and the government for [checks notes]…….. nearly two months now. It’s time to come in out of the cold.

Still finding it so funny how desperately Truss wanted that job for ages. She started dressing like Thatcher a while back and trying to act Prime Ministerial. That plus the wildly overblown confidence she had in herself, only to be absolutely humiliated on the world stage and become the worst PM in history whilst being openly and widely mocked by all including her own party and compared to (and losing to) a wet lettuce. Unreal stuff. :lol: nothing less than she deserves.

All with a smirk on her face too and her trained hand gestures.
cnut

what people on here don’t understand is QT make the audience up based upon the % of voters in the last (by)election for each party in the constituency it’s being held. So yeah, in the current climate the chances are there will be a lot of Tory voters in most episodes.
Plus they ask questions from members of the public who nearly always turn out to be ex Tory councillors or Tory activists. The bias is a joke and similar to the (now) pro Tory arm of the BBC politics team.

Every door has a claymore.

Never did that no scope shite. Left that to the kids. I don't play competitive anymore, not since around 2010 mate. Wes is PC only. Think he plays Cod still, occasionally. Hope you are good too fella.

Mate I'm the same not playing competitive since maybe 2012 or 2013. Just play casually myself nowadays. You still using the same tag?

You getting the new War zone? Hydro and Chrono want to bring back Gravitas :lol:

I mean there only seems to be 3 in the running

And looking at the declarations so far boris is on 52, rishi 47 and morduant 17

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...?pru=AAABhB2nDJ0*Xql0Do2fwlKotsxsSrDYZw#gid=0

If you extrapolate that out it seems most probable that a final 2 is Rishi and Boris

Both got a fixed penalty notice - the parties in the garden is a shred garden between no10 and no11

Rishis argument will be I told you so
Boris will say he is the only one with a mandate from the electorate

And I would not be surprised if Boris won an online poll of conservative members

If either of them win it seems hard to imagine the others backers falling in line ... but Mordaunt does not seem to have the momentum and no real time to generate it - she will basically need the likes of May, Hunt, Some ERG loons, Gove to all publicly back ASAP to get that kind of momentum so at the moment i would make Boris slight favourite over rishi and both way ahead of Mordaunt or anybody else
The fact he has a such a good chance just seems bonkers. I know logic goes out of the window with these things (hence Truss over Rishi) but if I was a Tory member/supporter I'd be concerned if Boris comes back in.

I'm personally in the camp that I'd rather they appointed their most competent leader than feck shit up, making it much easier for Labour.

The fact he has a such a good chance just seems bonkers. I know logic goes out of the window with these things (hence Truss over Rishi) but if I was a Tory member/supporter I'd be concerned if Boris comes back in.

I'm personally in the camp that I'd rather they appointed their most competent leader than feck shit up, making it much easier for Labour.
Im not sure it does... I think its just logic is subjective rather than objective

Is there 51% of conservative members that either don't like rishi because he's the wrong colour, his wifes non dom tax status, he's a millionaire banker, or they think he knifed Boris before, think Boris should not have stepped down, think Boris is their best chance of winning an election, or Boris maintains a mandate from the people from the 2019 election

I think 51% or more of the membership may well subscribe to one or more of those positions so to them its logical - even if outside that very small subset of the population it looks crazy

His biggest Hurdle seems to be can he get enough MP's and personally I think that's possible

30 of his old chums
30 people he promices a job to
30 ERG Loons as they are not putting up braverman by the looks of it
30 MP's who think he's their best bet of holding on to their seat, or that he should not have gone before or that he has more legitimacy / mandate

If he gets that then hes in the final 2

Johnson is definitely returning, it would be naive of us to think anything else. This morning I've seen lots of tory supporters claiming that starmer insisted Jimmy Saville was innocent etc.

It doesn't matter how many times you fact check things for them. It doesn't matter that Johnson publically apologised for his untruthful comment, the die hard Tories still believe it and are peddling it.

He's running as high as 4/1. I'm putting as much money as I can muster on it.

It'd mark the most depressing UK political moment in my lifetime if Boris is made PM again. Surely it can't happen. It shouldn't be allowed to fecking happen.

Johnson is definitely returning, it would be naive of us to think anything else. This morning I've seen lots of tory supporters claiming that starmer insisted Jimmy Saville was innocent etc.

It doesn't matter how many times you fact check things for them. It doesn't matter that Johnson publically apologised for his untruthful comment, the die hard Tories still believe it and are peddling it.

He's running as high as 4/1. I'm putting as much money as I can muster on it.
where?

best I saw was just over 2/1 this morning with odds tumbling
https://www.oddschecker.com/politic...ent-conservative-party-leader-after-liz-truss

Im not sure it does... I think its just logic is subjective rather than objective

Is there 51% of conservative members that either don't like rishi because he's the wrong colour, his wifes non dom tax status, he's a millionaire banker, or they think he knifed Boris before, think Boris should not have stepped down, think Boris is their best chance of winning an election, or Boris maintains a mandate from the people from the 2019 election

I think 51% or more of the membership may well subscribe to one or more of those positions so to them its logical - even if outside that very small subset of the population it looks crazy

His biggest Hurdle seems to be can he get enough MP's and personally I think that's possible

30 of his old chums
30 MP's who think he's their best bet of holding on to their seat, or that he should not have gone before or that he has more legitimacy / mandate

Sadly I think this is solid logic.

Wait, I thought grotbag was in until Halloween? Maybe they have someone spookier than the pork markets women lined up?

Lads, he’s served his sentence. Learnings have been learninged. Reflections have been reflectioned. He’s been out of front line politics and the leadership of his party and the government for [checks notes]…….. nearly two months now. It’s time to come in out of the cold.

Even better he'll be able to tell us about the fresh start, everyone needing to leave past issues behind and how he needs to get on with the job - and that this new improved government has only been in power a couple of days so we need to give it a chance to work.

Anyone who mentions last year can then be soundly denounced as a tofu munching remoaner luddite. But there will be bunting.

I think that with the very real possibility that Mordaunt doesn't make it to 100, her supporters will jump onto Sunak's boat, making him the favourite.

I think that with the very real possibility that Mordaunt doesn't make it to 100, her supporters will jump onto Sunak's boat, making him the favourite.
Problem is that the final choice is made by the members and if Boris makes it to that stage, he'll likely win even if most MPs want Sunak.

As to Boris coming back...

The last time a leader was replaced by somebody in their own party... and became PM again without a different party having had power in between

Pitt the younger in 1804 (replaced Henry Addington 1801-1804) having previously been PM 1783-1801

I think that's the only time its happened before

30 of his old chums

Unfortunately I think you're right, in my eyes it's crazy but there are probably enough Tory MPs and members that think the opposite.

That said they also went with Truss eventually. I'm in my own bubble and so are they in theirs. I'm not sure the general public would be too happy but let's see what happens.

The Tories don’t give a feck about anyone rather than themselves. Hence why they think Boris can magically save them. Problem is that there are very thick members of the public who will vote for the fecker so if he does come back in, hope the party implodes. Also want to know how ministers who said he should resign will react when he is back.