Westminster Politics

ZiZla33.gif

(not a Titanic reference)

:lol: if that’s your own then well done
My own but having checked twitter with the key words a load of people have also come up with it. I think most on the caf would agree that I am fantastically witty and intelligent so it's likely it came from me.

My own but having checked twitter with the key words a load of people have also come up with it. I think most on the caf would agree that I am fantastically witty and intelligent so it's likely it came from me.

They’re obviously copying you man, I’d sue them.

Indeed mate! Send my love to Mr Wes if he's still about. Hope you're well.
Every door has a claymore.

Never did that no scope shite. Left that to the kids. I don't play competitive anymore, not since around 2010 mate. Wes is PC only. Think he plays Cod still, occasionally. Hope you are good too fella.

The state of the fecking Tories even considering taking BoJo back for round 2. He's just a Trump lite and they're just as bad as the GOP.

Can we say that Truss has won a new record for the shortest tenure by a British PM?

By some margin.

George Canning was the previous record holder at 119 days (or so), and he had the excuse of catching TB and dying of it, all in the days before antibiotics and modern medicine.

Still, at least she gets a 115k annual pension for the rest of her life.

Already posted in the Ukraine thread but it's just as relevant here:

I bet we will see they are mostly bluffing. Hope I am wrong though.
I don’t think so. It’s like they’re all suffering from amnesia about how unpopular he is. There is no way he will hold a majority in parliament. Plus Boris in a financial crisis? Jesus Christ. I can’t think of anything worse. He can’t make grown up decisions!

I genuinely fear that Johnson's mind-numbing bluster will overshadow Starmer and in two years people will have moved on from this shit show, and the Tories will romp home again.

I genuinely fear that Johnson's mind-numbing bluster will overshadow Starmer and in two years people will have moved on from this shit show, and the Tories will romp home again.
depends on whether Johnson, if he wins, fixes the economy and people's standard of living. People don't want to be seeing high food and energy prices over 2 years

My thoughts (fears) too.

Even though the spending cuts haven't happened yet, nor has the full cost of living crisis bitten (mad given 1 in 7 are already going without meals).