Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many points did we finish beneath 1st and 2nd respectively in those seasons with AWB as first choice right back? It's not a question of position; it's a question of proximity in point valuation between us and those in a position to legitimately challenge for a title.

In addition, the inference that AWB was causal to those 2nd and 3rd place finishes is ponderous at best. Substitute him in those seasons for another relatively decent RB and there's every likelihood of the exact same finish.

Yeah complete nonsense, he was very valuable to us defensively in those first 2 seasons where we finished 2nd and 3rd. Top 2 defenders at the club in that time and we wouldnt have got where we were without him.

However he obviously isnt perfect, the way he has defended since then has changed (less tackles and 1 on 1 defending, more interceptions and clearances and defending an area) and with a year on his deal and not wanting to sign a new one along with now we have some better defenders in Lisandro and hopefully Yoro we can sacrifice a bit in defence for someone better going forward

It's getting closer. United trying to will this one into existence. Would be 4d chess if we manage to block their move for Mazraoui and sell them AWB.

Not that Mazraoui is a sure thing, but if it's what the recruitment team wanted to do then atleast they'll show they can get it done.

They're having a right old laugh

You'd be hard pressed to find any PL selling inexperienced young defenders for 10m, let alone one with 170+ PL appearances....

They're having a right old laugh

You'd be hard pressed to find any PL selling inexperienced young defenders for 10m, let alone one with 170+ PL appearances....

just extend his contract on whatever terms they're offering (which would be very modest for our wage structure) then at least next summer we'll get a lot more than that for him. This is such a stupid deal.

If we get anywhere near 15-20m for this guy it will be a huge coup for us.
How would it? He’s a PL proven right back who has shown he can be excellent for a side like West Ham and has a lot of good qualities, has good overall fitness levels, and is still only 25 and has made 170 odd PL appearances. In this market 15m is an absolute steal. Hes worth 25-30m in my opinion but sadly we’re fecked due to his contract situation.

How would it? He’s a PL proven right back who has shown he can be excellent for a side like West Ham and has a lot of good qualities, has good overall fitness levels, and is still only 25 and has made 170 odd PL appearances. In this market 15m is an absolute steal. Hes worth 25-30m in my opinion but sadly we’re fecked due to his contract situation.
He has less than 12 months on his contract. We can’t possibly get anywhere close to £25-30m.

just extend his contract on whatever terms they're offering (which would be very modest for our wage structure) then at least next summer we'll get a lot more than that for him. This is such a stupid deal.
That’s what’s we’ve been doing and that’s why we have so many players on huge contracts not being able to move them along.

The Phil Jones approach. Good to see you again Woody it's been too long.

Isn’t there rumours he wants to return down south so it’s either 10m nor or free next year.

That’s what’s we’ve been doing and that’s why we have so many players on huge contracts not being able to move them along.

The Phil Jones approach. Good to see you again Woody it's been too long.

I mean its not the same thing at all, woody was putting players on extortionate wages, what I'm saying is, give him what west ham are offering, which would be much lower what he's currently and makes him easy to sell next year. Selling him for £10m this year just because he's in the last year of his contract is stupid as he's not injury prone and he's very useful in certain games.

I mean its not the same thing at all, woody was putting players on extortionate wages, what I'm saying is, give him what west ham are offering, which would be much lower what he's currently and makes him easy to sell next year. Selling him for £10m this year just because he's in the last year of his contract is stupid as he's not injury prone and he's very useful in certain games.
Yeah I was mainly teasing, but I still think it's a bad idea. I don't think he's a very good fit for a forward-thinking team (which I'd like to see us be again, one of these days..) and if we have the ability to move on, let's do it.

There's nothing to say that he'd accept this setup, or that he wouldn't pick up a Malacia style injury after signing, or that he'd not just decide to stick around, now that he had his new contract to back him up.

I personally would emphasise turning over this bloated, subpar squad at a higher pace, even if it means losing out a % of the possible fees had we played a longer game.

We've already wasted so much time and money. Let's move decisively and sensibly and build a squad capable of challenging with a more positive style of play, is how I feel.

Nobody is willing to pay 30m for Mctominay who is on q low wage, what guarantees that if after a new deal, we would be able to ship him out for whatever fee you have as fair?

For reference, 115 just sold a right back for £25m who never kicked a ball for the first team! It just seems every club knows to lowball Utd when we have players to sell.

For reference, 115 just sold a right back for £25m who never kicked a ball for the first team! It just seems every club knows to lowball Utd when we have players to sell.

They’ve probably donated 10m-15m to the buying club presidents “charity” through an “anonymous” ME donor.

He doesn't suit the style of play that we want to play and he never has. There is no point having a player here on his wages who is only useful for the odd game. His lack of technical ability when he plays is a contributing reason to why we struggle to play out from the back. We either sell him now, of which north of £10mil is probably what he's worth based on how much we bought him for and that he's nearing the end of his contract, or we keep a player who isn't suited to our style of football for another 1 year and lose him on a free.

What has been killing this team is that the drop off from certain players like Martinez, Kobbie, Shaw, Dalot, Bruno is so sharp that we are basically back to a Ole/Jose era style team when they are out. The squad would be stronger with a Mazraoui style backup defender who can cover both wings than a AWB.

West Ham have apparently offered 10m for AWB...

Does the whole PL roster think we are clowns? In what world is he worth 10m? This is an excellent PL proven RB who can shut down the very best in the game. He's only 26 years old. 10m is insulting, we should end negotiations right there.

Does the whole PL roster think we are clowns? In what world is he worth 10m? This is an excellent PL proven RB who can shut down the very best in the game. He's only 26 years old. 10m is insulting, we should end negotiations right there.
Being in the last year of his contract doesn't help, but yeah it's a joke bid to be honest. He's worth £20m still, a structured deal that reaches that should be doable

Being in the last year of his contract doesn't help, but yeah it's a joke bid to be honest. He's worth £20m still, a structured deal that reaches that should be doable
It's a joke, it's not like he's out of contract next month he still has almost a year. It's within our interest to keep him if that's all the offer is. He's worth a lot more to us than 10m, it's an insulting offer. We bought him for 55m for fecks sake 5 years ago!!!

I know there are Draw backs to Wan-Bissaka's game, but I did like having him as an option to shut down strong wingers. Always did well in 1v1 situations and was able to help to remove a threat from an opposition side.

Not sure what Mazraoui's traits are but hoping that the's much better going forward as well.

10 millions pounds. :lol:

Joke bid.

I wouldn't be letting him go without a replacement sorted, especially with Yoro out long term now also.

What's with these clubs making derisory offers for United players - 20m for McTominay and now 10m for AWB. Both bids are close to around half of what can reasonably be expected.

Clubs are still taking us for a soft touch, we need to hold firm and not cave in to derisory offers and the narrative will change quickly. We look to be doing exactly that, which is a good sign.

If the offer is 10M we should reject it, let the player run down his contract or whatever but we need to make a statement we wont be taken for a ride anymore. That includes buys and sells. Wan Bissaka should be worth at least 20M, premier league proven and while he's not good offensively he's fairly solid defensively.

Agree with those saying don't sell on the cheap. Either pay up or feck off....

We shouldn’t get too mad, you could say our £35m +£10m opening bid for Branthwaite was a pisstake, when it was well known that Everton wouldn’t entertain any bid below £70m.

He might not have what it takes to make it at a club like United but I think he will become a very good player for a team like West Ham. £15m is a good price for what they are getting but at the same time it's probably a fair price since he only has 1 year left on his contract and offers very little to us as a player.

We shouldn’t get too mad, you could say our £35m +£10m opening bid for Branthwaite was a pisstake, when it was well known that Everton wouldn’t entertain any bid below £70m.
Difference is AWB is now entering his prime years, is an established PL player, played CL and EL football and is arguably the best one on one full back in the league whereas Branthwaite has had one season of PL football in a relegation battling team.

Even then offering £50+ million for Branthwaite was a good offer but Everton have their valuation and are sticking to it, we should do the same as for years clubs have signed our players on the cheap whilst ripping us off in return so I’d rather keep AWB and give him a two year extension on the terms West Ham are offering as he’s a good alternative to Dalot.

West Ham have paid £40m for an English CB who’s 27 years old. One year on his contract reduces AWB’s value but £15m seems incredibly low.

In today’s market, English tax and being 26 years old he should be worth £35/40m. But because we put these players on daft salaries we will be lucky to get half that. Really hope the new regime revise initial salaries to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.