Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly so glad to see the back of him. I have no idea how he made it this far in football. We've absolutely robbed them - just hoping he passes the medical.
Christ, the hyperbole on this one. Maybe, because he’s actually a decent Premier League defender? At £15m I’d hardly say we ‘absolutely robbed them’. £15m is a pittance today. The standard that Wan-Bissaka is capable of demonstrating is easily worth that amount.

AWB will have unprecedented backing from all our African brothers on SM. I can already see it on Twitter. They will target every mistake Mazraoui makes.

I couldn’t care less. Mazraoui is a modern attacking FB. Much as AWB was a defensive lock (except for the far post!) Mazraoui will be so much better as a back up to Dalot.
Can you share some of the tweets that inspired this post?

Christ, the hyperbole on this one. Maybe, because he’s actually a decent Premier League defender? At £15m I’d hardly say we ‘absolutely robbed them’. £15m is a pittance today. The standard that Wan-Bissaka is capable of demonstrating is easily worth that amount.

Bottom line, we spent £30m (£45-15m) for a right back for five years. That’s £6m/year across his time here. He was good value at that value. It wasn’t his fault that he played under a litany of managers that wanted him to be a player that he wasn’t.

We didn’t even overpay in the market when we got him. He looked full of potential. Now? He’s 27 years old, athletic, and will probably play for 4-5 years at West Ham’s level. £3m/year for a right back for them is good value.

AWB will have unprecedented backing from all our African brothers on SM. I can already see it on Twitter. They will target every mistake Mazraoui makes.

I couldn’t care less. Mazraoui is a modern attacking FB. Much as AWB was a defensive lock (except for the far post!) Mazraoui will be so much better as a back up to Dalot.

For starters, Africa is a huge continent, much larger in size than Europe, don't lump everyone together. Also, do you think Africans don't know how to think objectively?

And even if all that wasn't the case, Mazraoui is also an African, who actually represents an African country.

We sold a better player.
Even if we assume this is true, he's got a year left on his deal so we've been forced into taking this action. Our option is either to sell now while we can, or extend his contract. I find it hard to believe any fans were desperate to extend his contract instead.

Maybe you're not happy with who we signed, but that's not really relevant to our decision to let AWB go now because we certainly weren't going to let him leave for free.

Even if we assume this is true, he's got a year left on his deal so we've been forced into taking this action. Our option is either to sell now while we can, or extend his contract. I find it hard to believe any fans were desperate to extend his contract instead.

Maybe you're not happy with who we signed, but that's not really relevant to our decision to let AWB go now because we certainly weren't going to let him leave for free.
I reckon a decent few would've been quite happy with us doing that.

Not an opinion I share at all but there are people out there who think AWB is among the best defensive full backs around.

Honestly so glad to see the back of him. I have no idea how he made it this far in football. We've absolutely robbed them - just hoping he passes the medical.

As long as he hasn't driven himself down, he should make it through.

I reckon a decent few would've been quite happy with us doing that.

Not an opinion I share at all but there are people out there who think AWB is among the best defensive full backs around.
As short-sighted as this sounds, about almost any player we're signing, extending, bringing through the academy. I'd ask the question, "would Pep ever want this player in his team?"

If we start avoiding the no's, and bring in more yes players, we may actually compete towards the top of the league again.

Thank god he’s gone.

No-one as poor on the ball as him should ever be signed for a club like United, let alone for 50m.

Thank god he’s gone.

No-one as poor on the ball as him should ever be signed for a club like United, let alone for 50m.

Wan Bissaka is a million miles better with a football than you are with a keyboard. One should stop.

15m pounds for a player who's contract is expiring next year is not a bad deal. Not great either but club's last chance to get some money for him.

AWB cost a lot but gave us 5 solid years and he was even great in some seasons. Also all those games vs City where he didn't let Sterling ever go past him were great. He'll be a good player for West Ham and joining them in his peak years you'd think. Not even 27 yet. Even fully expect him to put Rashford in his pocket in few months when United go to West Ham.

I don't think he was a liability on the ball at all, he'd make mistakes and going forward wasn't his strength but I don't think he was a liability. Let's also not forget that we're not in a position to assume we'll be offensive, as demonstrated last season when we were fecking terrible for the majority of the season. He'll be excellent for West Ham and we'll miss having a defensively reliable fullback because Mazraoui is not good defensively. Wish him well, just hope he has a stinker against us.
Not sure what you’ve watched but he is I’d say below average on the ball
And as another poster pointed out, teams would set up so he looked like the out ball for the keeper.
Liverpool FA cup he got hounded and cost us a goal giving it away in his final third
For a team like westham he’ll be amazing
He’s not the profile we need though

All the best for him. He is leaving on a high, at least in my mind seeing him pocket Doku in the FA cup final. Great attitude and a genuinely no-fuss guy!

Thank god Wan Bissaka is sold. An absolutely atrocious defender at attacking and defending. Constantly asleep at the back post. Yes he was good at one on one but that was in part due to letting the attacker get that far. Hopefully McTominay sold next.

Wish him all the best. Had the right attitude and is a decent defender, just not suited to how we want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.