Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly it depends on sales.

If he's sold he will certainly be replaced. We can't go into the season with 1 RB.
Well of course chaps. But our replacements are almost invariably more expensive than our rejects. Wage savings notwithstanding, it's tricky to see many more incoming than ate already on the table.

£20m? I’m glad with that. Question is who is backup right back? Anyone from the academy?

I'm not honestly. If it wasn't for the contract situation he'll go for much more than that. He'll also be a great option to shutdown some tricky wingers and we won't realize how much that's worth in a squad until he's gone.

And we have to sign a new RB on top.

Oh no who can we find now to lose his man on the back post or jog back slowly on defense. 20 mil would be a great price and smart move for once.

Clearing out players like AWB is as much a statement as it is good business.

He isn’t good enough; he’s never been good enough. And as much as our fans are willing to make excuses for players who obviously aren’t good enough after they string together a few games of not being totally useless, there’s never been any indication that AWB is close to being able to play the sort of football we want and expect from a RB.

Allowing these players who were signed to be first teamers fester and hang around just leads to a dropping of standards across the board. They hang around like a bad smell knowing they’re fortunate to still be here despite being below the required level and serve as a visual reminder to fans and players that standards aren’t what they should be. Even if you replace them with ‘inferior players’ it doesn’t matter as long as they have the hunger and desire to prove themselves.

In future, I really hope 2 years is the upper limit for players to establish themselves. The fact AWB has managed 5 and Lindelof 7 is absurd.

I think he could be a very good signing for West Ham. It'll be interesting to see how Lopategui uses him and his 1v1 defending is obviously elite. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone better in that regard. But I think if the aim is to play a more dominant brand of football, then we must have the mindset of wanting to be more proactive in our actions as a team and not dwell on what the opposing wide forward will do to us and go into a negative mindset.

So if he does end up going then someone on the cheap who is reasonably priced would be a good replacement. Maybe the Fenerbahce player Kadioglu or even Geertruida from Feyenoord could be a option.

With 1 year left on his contract, if AWB wants to move back to London then anywhere around 20 million would be a good deal.

Alternative is he walks for free next season, or he signs a new deal at United.

Truthfully I don’t think many United fans would want to see him for another 3-4 seasons.

Time to move on.

Who have we got if Dalot gets injured though? We definitely would need to sign another RB

I suspect that Yoro will deputise in that position since he's versatile. Same way that City and Arsenal shift CB's into full-backs tactically. This would provide Yoro extra minutes in rotation throughout the season, especially if De Ligt joins and forms a primary partership with Licha.

I'd take that if I knew where we were getting another right back from. Not sure we're strongly linked with any?
Dalot was playing a ton last year without needing a rotation option and did not seem to have major dip in form throughout the season. Barring injuries, perhaps he can/will do the same next season, and we can loan someone as backup at the end if the window.

I think he could be a very good signing for West Ham. It'll be interesting to see how Lopategui uses him and his 1v1 defending is obviously elite. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone better in that regard. But I think if the aim is to play a more dominant brand of football, then we must have the mindset of wanting to be more proactive in our actions as a team and not dwell on what the opposing wide forward will do to us and go into a negative mindset.

So if he does end up going then someone on the cheap who is reasonably priced would be a good replacement. Maybe the Fenerbahce player Kadioglu or even Geertruida from Feyenoord could be an option.
I like Kayode too.

Good stuff. Get him gone and sign a cheap replacement. Surely there’s plenty who are better defensively and technically for a similar price.

If Branthwaite is out of reach, we should go for De Ligt and Yoro and then sign Kadioglu.

He can cover RB as well as LB, and then Shaw can provide the LCB cover.

Dalot, Kadioglu, Shaw, Malacia, Amass
Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro, Maguire, Evans

That’s a really strong and versatile set of options.

Dalot was playing a ton last year without needing a rotation option and did not seem to have major dip in form throughout the season. Barring injuries, perhaps he can/will do the same next season, and we can loan someone as backup at the end if the window.
It would be foolish of us to rely on only Dalot. They should not let AWB go without a replacement be it a loan, transfer or promoting an academy player... probaly in that order.

Walker was caught out positionally for the goals, not exposed on a 1v1. Positional sense is one of AWBs biggest weaknesses.

The second goal was on Saka really. The winger has to track the full back in that scenario. Walker nearly rescued it but was a fraction off getting across to block the cross.

A fair deal for all parties considering he only has 1 year left. Here's hoping INEOS is able to surprise us with a gem of a replacement. Someone who can play RB and CB would be perfect. Pavard was a huge miss IMO.

Seems a very low asking price given what we paid for him and his performances last season (from the right, not the left)

He’s out of contract next summer and we don’t want to renew. I’d probably want £20m but can see why we’d accept less.

I like Kayode too.

I vote Kayode too. If we did sign him, we’d be assembling a serious squad of wonderkids.

I do think Kadioglu and Geertruida are great shouts due to their versatility though, which Kayode would offer less of. Kadioglu able to play on either flank in defence or attack would be super useful. Geertruida as a RB/RCB who can also fill in at DM would also be a tidy signing.

Lots of options!

Quick google search showed walkers peters to be the more likely signing for west ham.

It would be foolish of us to rely on only Dalot. They should not let AWB go without a replacement be it a loan, transfer or promoting an academy player... probaly in that order.
Oh I have no doubt INEOS/ETH has a plan in place if they are to sell AWB. It’s just that we don’t know and things will take time to play out.

£20m going into the Brainthwaite jar..

I think that's the move given JB can play right across the back 4

Shaw/JB---Martinez/JB---Yoro/McG---Dalot/JB

Plenty of game time for all

£20m going into the Brainthwaite jar..

I think that's the move given JB can play right across the back 4

Shaw/JB---Martinez/JB---Yoro/McG---Dalot/JB

Plenty of game time for all
There is absolutely no point in getting Brathwaite and sticking him on the flank. If we get rid of AWB I hope we get a full back replacement. I would rather get that Galatasary FB who can cover both sides.

Yeah, fee seems reasonable given the circumstances and whilst I felt like he making improvements in his game, he did seem to regress again towards the end of the season. Always hoped it would work but good idea for him to get a fresh start as well.

Hopefully a replacement isn't too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.