Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

And De Laurentis wanted 150million about 15 months ago :lol: love this.

Wouldn’t want this guy here. Enough players who are not good at taking the ball in and playing.

What in the actual feck?! Napoli really screwed this one up with their crazy demands. Realistically he was a £60 to £70 million player but they were looking for an insane figure.

What in the actual feck?! Napoli really screwed this one up with their crazy demands. Realistically he was a £60 to £70 million player but they were looking for an insane figure.
They got the insane figure, but the player didn't want to go to Saudi last year

Our problems are tactical/structural and a high quality striker wouldn't necessarily help us to turn things around, it would just be a bandage over a gunshot wound.

I'm not sure if Osimhen is a high quality striker at this moment in time anyway.

So he'll be playing in the Europa League then! Maybe we'll face him in the knockout rounds.

“Found his level” but was the Golden boot winner in the title winning season in the Serie A….

I don't see how you go from scoring bundles, winning the league, being one of the best and most in demand up and coming strikers in the world to being replaced by Lukaku and fecked off on loan to the Turkish league.

Something must have happened there beyond what's publicly known, surely.

So, he had a purple patch? You'd have thought clubs would've been queuing up for a season long loan.

Galatasaray probably throwing a party, that's an insane storm of circumstances to luck into. I reckon if he tears up SuperLig his market value will stay good and he should have suitors.

I don't see how you go from scoring bundles, winning the league, being one of the best and most in demand up and coming strikers in the world to being replaced by Lukaku and fecked off on loan to the Turkish league.

Something must have happened there beyond what's publicly known, surely.
My theory, he got pissed when Napoli priced him out of the Saudi move, it cost him 600k per week! Probably a few things said in anger.

Greedy Napoli getting their fingers burned here, then? Could've had a fortune a season or so ago. Hilarious
It's really not that bad... His contract runs till 2026 so they're getting his wages off their books at the moment and will probably get a decent loan fee, and if he does well which is to be expected, they can still sell him for a fee still in the region of 60m. Actually it's about the best thing they could have done in the circumstances.

Did not see that coming.

He'll probably end up like Jackson Martinez, minus the Christian hiphop album.

‘He only wanted a UCL club’

Goes to Galatasaray.

Objectively better than going to Chelsea. Gets to play in Europa league, has a genuine chance of a league trophy and most importantly, gets to keep his wages.

In that case, I’m glad for him. Let’s see this how this pans out.

Shame to see the Chelsea move break down. If only to have missed the inevitable “I’m sorry, Nic Jackson. I am Boehly!” content.
:lol:

I’m sorry Nic Jackson. Your xG is reaaaaal bad. Ne-ver meant to make Joao Felix cry, will tell Ebgbali to give you a rise.

Poorly advised and surrounded by greedy opportunists. Look at this nonsense.. Osimen is a proper player...ourselves, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham... er, Napoli.. I could go on and on.. all could do with a genuine No 9, who can run the channels, score all sorts of goals, and is great in the air... physical, fast.. and scores goals. So where is he going? To the Turkish league!!!

Football is on a worrying trajectory, and is in a desperate need of a 'correction'. What a waste of talent. He could be up there with Haaland for being the most dangerous forward in Europe.

Don't see what the downside would have been in us signing Osimhen on loan. Even if they want someone else long term having Osimhen for a season would have been a big improvement on our current options. Not a high wage for us either

Don't see what the downside would have been in us signing Osimhen on loan. Even if they want someone else long term having Osimhen for a season would have been a big improvement on our current options. Not a high wage for us either
I think it’s all good and well in hindsight but whilst the window was open it looked nailed on his was going on a permanent move to Saudi or Chelsea.

Now the window is shut his, and Napoli’s, options are limited. That’s the only reason why this move is happening.

Some weird takes in here. This is the best Napoli could have done. He turned down some lucrative deals elsewhere and also refused to speak to some clubs. Napoli need his huge wages off the books and he won't play for the club again, so this is the best they can do

Kvaratshkelia's agent came out a few months ago saying Osimhen will end up in Saudi in the summer and that pissed osimhen off but it was one of his only options in the end.

Pretty obvious Napoli only agreed to a simple loan because the transfer window closed in most of the markets where potential buyers were.

Gala will keep him reasonably on pace and his wages are not a total wash for Napoli. Wonder if he can be moved in January if the buyer compensates Galatasaray too.

It's really not that bad... His contract runs till 2026 so they're getting his wages off their books at the moment and will probably get a decent loan fee, and if he does well which is to be expected, they can still sell him for a fee still in the region of 60m. Actually it's about the best thing they could have done in the circumstances.

It is being reported that Napoli only accepted the loan to Turkey after Osimhen agreed to extend his contract to 2027…

Napoli doesn’t have any European football this season, they can’t afford his salary this season. But if they qualify for the UCL, things might change next year… And the market to sell him could be better next year.

Pretty obvious Napoli only agreed to a simple loan because the transfer window closed in most of the markets where potential buyers were.

Gala will keep him reasonably on pace and his wages are not a total wash for Napoli. Wonder if he can be moved in January if the buyer compensates Galatasaray too.
Yeah I think a January deal could happen

It is a straight loan with an exit clause in January, in the case a big club comes again for him… it is also rumored he has extended his contract with Napoli once more, just to reduce his sale trigger sum at €75m instead of €130m.

If I was Osimhen I’d get my head down and tear it up in Turkey.

He might end up with a move to a big club in January if he does. Better options than Saudi or Chelsea anyway.

It is a straight loan with an exit clause in January, in the case a big club comes again for him… it is also rumored he has extended his contract with Napoli once more, just to reduce his sale trigger sum at €75m instead of €130m.

This makes him much more attractive for top clubs, but I am surprised he is extending for this, Napoli would have been forced to sell at a reasonable fee (~60M) anyway, with one year left next summer…