Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

This argument makes several leaps of logic.

1. Not being worth a certain amount does not mean not being good enough for a certain level. It simply means being over-priced. And that's if moving from Napoli to Chelsea can be considered a "next step" in the first place. Osimhen was priced by Napoli at best-in-class levels. He may not be that good, but concluding, solely based on this, that he's therefore not good enough for a best-in-class team is quite the leap of logic.

2. Even if they truly aren't good enough to move on to the "next step," they're both obviously good enough to make sideways steps or even, at worst, take a moderate step down. So, not being good enough for the next step can't possibly be the reason why they're moving several levels lower. That could only be the case if they've struggled at their current levels. They haven't.

To understand why each player has done this, it would have to be assessed in context.

a. In Osimhen's case, it was a last resort designed to solve a specific problem that arose out of artificial factors: being over-priced and being stubborn.
b. In Toney's case, he preferred the money. These are two vastly different situations that you're conflating to arrive at a conclusion that doesn't even make sense to either case individually.

It's that simple.
What's also simple is no other clubs were in for Toney, and no other clubs really went all in for Osimhen, there's a definite reason for that.

He's got his release clause down to 75 million euros. Which is quite reasonable for a top striker. Expect the clause to be activated next summer if not earlier.
Not if he wants such a big salary too. We will see what he truly wants now he’s booted that weird agent

Think we'd be interested if we didn't have Rasmus

We’ll know where we stand with Hojlund at the end of this season. If he doesn’t have a proper 20-25 goal season for whatever reason, we should in for Osimhen. It’s been a while since we’ve had a player capable of hitting 30+.

We’ll know where we stand with Hojlund at the end of this season. If he doesn’t have a proper 20-25 goal season for whatever reason, we should in for Osimhen. It’s been a while since we’ve had a player capable of hitting 30+.
Osimhen has hit 30 goals in one season in his career just for reference and no other seasons has he got over 20 goals,
Would be a big ask to expect him to get 25 plus goals on the premiership.

I don't know what video that is, I don't really follow that stuff.
Same here, until I came across this today.

In short, a Tik Tok clip saying Osimhen isn't a boy or a girl but a coconut, co-co, co-co, nut.

Then there's another of Hirving Lozano being Speedy Gonzalez.

Napoli explains that's the sort of content that is popular with their Tik Tok followers.

This is a statistic that clearly separates him from Immobile, Lukaku and the other “average Serie A players” he was compared to by some posters here… Better goal/minutes ratio than Vieri and Trezeguet is something.

But he kind of seems to be quite injury prone. Big clubs aren’t going to spend 100+ and the kind of wages he is taking on a player who misses a third of the games every season.

Same here, until I came across this today.

In short, a Tik Tok clip saying Osimhen isn't a boy or a girl but a coconut, co-co, co-co, nut.

Then there's another of Hirving Lozano being Speedy Gonzalez.

Napoli explains that's the sort of content that is popular with their Tik Tok followers.
I think it's better if football clubs just don't get involved.

This is a statistic that clearly separates him from Immobile, Lukaku and the other “average Serie A players” he was compared to by some posters here… Better goal/minutes ratio than Vieri and Trezeguet is something.
Correct. When fit, he’ll bang in goals consistently.

But he kind of seems to be quite injury prone. Big clubs aren’t going to spend 100+ and the kind of wages he is taking on a player who misses a third of the games every season.
I think if he had a relatively injury free season last year, similar to the Scudetto season, more clubs would have come for him this summer.

Jeezus... just found it :nervous:

Italians are fecking insane

This is why seeing people in this thread saying "he's mismanaged his career/shown bad judgement" is so confusing to me. Napoli was taking the piss out of their star striker. They sabotaged their relationship with the guy they were asking over £100M for. Most people aren't staying with an employer that does that.

So,
PSG offered 150m and it was turned down
He signed a contract extension with a 130m release clause.
PSG offered 110m and it was turned down.
Napoli tik tok posted that video.. relationship broke down. (not sure why it was racist, but apparently it was.. it was certainly not complimentary and I have no idea what the guy managing that was thinking)
He was upset because Chelsea did the right thing and negotiated with the club instead of tapping up the player.
Saudi club agreed personal terms with Osimhen but not a fee with Napoli. They didnt accept the bid.. Assuming the fee was under his release clause.
Slavery was thrown in .. because.. he is black?

Does that cover it?
Napoli are right to ask for a fee they want.
He is right to not be bullied into a move he doesnt want.
Nobody wins.

So,
Napoli tik tok posted that video.. relationship broke down. (not sure why it was racist, but apparently it was.. it was certainly not complimentary and I have no idea what the guy managing that was thinking)
He was upset because Chelsea did the right thing and negotiated with the club instead of tapping up the player.
Saudi club agreed personal terms with Osimhen but not a fee with Napoli. They didnt accept the bid.. Assuming the fee was under his release clause.

Does that cover it?
Nobody wins.

You're leaving out key bits of information.

1. Contract extension was signed under a gentleman's agreement, which was that Napoli would let him go when a suitable offer came in (for both player and club). This was after Napoli had already turned PSG away when victor wanted to leave after the 2022/2023 season.

2. Chelsea negotiated in bad faith, colluding with Napoli to force Victor's hand, and even putting out a false story about 500k demands

3. Napoli kept changing the goalposts for the Saudi offer at the last minute, showing bad faith

4. The slavery angle was unneccessary but no stranger than when Cristiano Ronaldo made similar claims, and I don't think anyone thought it was because he was black then. Maybe it's because players are sometimes treated as chattel property, which would be understandable if two clubs were attempting to force one to move somewhere against his will. No?

A contract is a contract at the end of the day but the manner Napoli have conducted themselves in was purely vindictive and the manner Chelsea have conducted themselves was predatory. That would cover it.

If we have reached top4 by the Summer and want to go higher, then we will need both Osimhen and Hojlund no matter how many goals Hojlund scores

Assuming Zirkzee doesn't reach Osimhen levels by then (unlikely)

So,

Does that cover it?
Nobody wins.
So how much to get him here for Christmas?
All I want for Christmas is Osimhen or Toney. Let’s make it happen.
If we have reached top4 by the Summer and want to go higher, then we will need both Osimhen and Hojlund no matter how many goals Hojlund scores

Assuming Zirkzee doesn't reach Osimhen levels by then (unlikely)
couldn’t agree more. Osimhen is younger but both fit. Definitely smarter move to go younger but he’s not proven here.

Zlatan esque. We miss a quick shot in the side. Get close and just whack it.