Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Don't see what the downside would have been in us signing Osimhen on loan. Even if they want someone else long term having Osimhen for a season would have been a big improvement on our current options. Not a high wage for us either
He , or just his incompetent agent, said “Absolutely NO” to any loan. Calenda went on and on about how his “Scudetto winnning , 8th in the Balon D’or football Prophet wasn’t to be disrespected with loans”

We needed our purchase to be a loan with an obligation. That, more than the wages, was the sticking point (in my opinion). Apparently we made upwards of 7 different attempts with different structure ideas that would have made him the highest earner at the club if incentives were met, and stretched the PSR boundary. But the offers either would have had to have larger portions based of meeting goals, or the purchase obligation would have had to be contingent on making CL… or maybe both.

But he wanted ironclad guarantees he would be leaving Napoli for good, and he wanted at least (if not more) than the contract Napoli gave him but can’t afford.

Now he is in a loan with no purchase option, making less than at Napoli …. But stuck in Turkey.

He should clear out his whole team of people.

I assume all this is fallout from his relationship with Napoli being broken?

He , or just his incompetent agent, said “Absolutely NO” to any loan. Calenda went on and on about how his “Scudetto winnning , 8th in the Balon D’or football Prophet wasn’t to be disrespected with loans”

We needed our purchase to be a loan with an obligation. That, more than the wages, was the sticking point (in my opinion). Apparently we made upwards of 7 different attempts with different structure ideas that would have made him the highest earner at the club if incentives were met, and stretched the PSR boundary. But the offers either would have had to have larger portions based of meeting goals, or the purchase obligation would have had to be contingent on making CL… or maybe both.

But he wanted ironclad guarantees he would be leaving Napoli for good, and he wanted at least (if not more) than the contract Napoli gave him but can’t afford.

Now he is in a loan with no purchase option, making less than at Napoli …. But stuck in Turkey.

He should clear out his whole team of people.
From what I've read it's the same wages as at Napoli, and there is an option to buy.

From what I've read it's the same wages as at Napoli, and there is an option to buy.

Galatasaray do not have an option to buy.

Osimhen extended his contract with Napoli (previously till 2026) for another year to protect his sale value, and with that extension they included a release clause of 75M€ which can be activated by anyone. Galatasaray certainly do not have that kind of money to spend on a transfer fee, their record transfer up until now is 18M€.

But yeah the salary part seems to be true. Galatasaray will pay him 10M€ after taxes, which is only around 12M€ gross due to the low tax rate in Turkey. There's no loan fee either so overall it's not a terribly expensive deal for Galatasaray.

There's also a mid-season break clause included in the loan if Napoli can sell the player in January. In that case Galatasaray would even receive a fee for having to cut the loan short, which would further reduce their costs. Overall it's a smart opportunistic deal for the Turkish club because of the circumstances around the deal. For Napoli it's either accepting that or having to pay Osimhen his full wages while he's sitting on his arse at home. A deal like that simply wouldn't have been realistic for anyone else to land while the window was still open.

Anelka & Balotelli offspring.

Liked how decisive and ruthless Napoli were with him, we could learn a thing or two from that. No messing about, we ain't registering you and we are taking off your shirt number to give to another. We are too nice with wage thieves taking the piss just staying here for the contract.

Given the situation, if he were available in January, what do we think his value would be now? Could we potentially look at getting him then for a much lower fee than was being quoted previously? 50-60mil ballpark?

Liked how decisive and ruthless Napoli were with him, we could learn a thing or two from that. No messing about, we ain't registering you and we are taking off your shirt number to give to another. We are too nice with wage thieves taking the piss just staying here for the contract.
Napoli could do that because they had clubs happy to take him... What would be the point of doing this with players no one else wants?

I would be up in arms if my club destroyed about 70m in value.

Another interpretation is that they have shot themselves in the foot given they could probably have sold him for 80m last yead

Another interpretation is that they have shot themselves in the foot given they could probably have sold him for 80m last yead

Last year they'd just won the league and had big ambitions both in the league and in the UCL. They gave him a big salary increase to keep him. That was a bold and ambitious move.

Keeping Osimhen didn't shoot any feet... Picking wrong coaches did.

Out of the current situation, they managed to offload his expensive salary while keeping his value thanks to the contract extension, which may have only just pushed the problem down the road. Time will tell.

This time last year it would have cost over 200m for Osimhen and Ferguson (Brighton)

12 months later one has barely played and the other has joined a Turkish team on loan. Madness.

I reckon he will set the Turkish league on fire and hope a bigger team comes for him in January

could certainly be a candidate to get something lined up for next summer. Especially if he does well there. As somebody said above, will surely cost a whole lot less than what was asked last year

I get that demanding 150m backfired, but couldn’t they have just played him? He cost Napoli something like 80m, and he’s not stinking the place out. Save yourself 30m on that donkey Lukaku, kiss and make up with Osimhen and reassess next summer.

Wondering why we didn’t just loan him now.

Wow. Really wish we loaned him. Turkey?????
I get that demanding 150m backfired, but couldn’t they have just played him? He cost Napoli something like 80m, and he’s not stinking the place out. Save yourself 30m on that donkey Lukaku, kiss and make up with Osimhen and reassess next summer.

Wondering why we didn’t just loan him now.

I don't think we could have loaned him. Seems Napoli were clinging on to the idea of a full sale (or loan + obligation) until the transfer window for the big leagues was shut.

Gala are only getting this deal because they're the last game in town.

Napoli could do that because they had clubs happy to take him... What would be the point of doing this with players no one else wants?
Bike-Fall-iu2qe.jpg

I don't think we could have loaned him. Seems Napoli were clinging on to the idea of a full sale (or loan + obligation) until the transfer window for the big leagues was shut.

Gala are only getting this deal because they're the last game in town.
Ah ok, so their transfer window is still open?

Quality control
What a completely inappropriate and distasteful comparison.

Oh do behave yourself, there's no need for a faux moral indignation overreaction instead of just answering the question.

Oh do behave yourself, there's no need for a faux moral indignation overreaction instead of just answering the question.
Your lack of morals doesn't render anyone else's "faux". Some people actually do have moral convictions they stand by.

The Turkish clubs are up to something. Lots of high profile acquisitions in recent times. Did the economic situation in Turkey improve or is there something else going on?

Also yeah nuts that Chelsea seemingly presented about 20 different options for Osimhen and they said no for every single one and yet they choose to loan him to Turkey? Something's off.

The Turkish clubs are up to something. Lots of high profile acquisitions in recent times. Did the economic situation in Turkey improve or is there something else going on?

Also yeah nuts that Chelsea seemingly presented about 20 different options for Osimhen and they said no for every single one and yet they choose to loan him to Turkey? Something's off.
Apparently the issue with some of Chelsea proposals were personal terms with the player. Up late club side the Saudi offer was apparently better.

Chelsea had a couple of clunky deals this summer, you'd have expected they'd wrap this one in the wake of agreeing on Lukaku. It added to the fumble SSCN and the player's agent cooked together.

Napoli rejected 80+ bonuses already.
??? They scuppered the saidi deal by demanding 75M instead of 70?? The only other real offer they got was last year, for 150, and they very much did not reject that
Apparently the relationship had broken down to a point this was never an option....why is anyone's guess. Lots of people blaming his agent for turning his head and convincing him PSG would come for him, but then those people tend to be peddling pro-Napoli message, so...