Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

He makes 11m euros NET of taxes, for this and the next season at Napoli. That's ~300k a week to match for an english club

Though it should be noted he'd agreed a paycut to join PSG, but the latter never made Napoli an offer after the 200m for him+Kvara and were evidently far more interested in the latter
Are you sure about that? I'd be interested in seeing a source. Capology says he makes £209k per week GROSS, and any articles on his extension don't mention a net/gross distinction.

Worth noting, Italy has repealed the favorable taxation for foreign footballers. It no longer applies if that's what you're referring to.

Are you sure about that? I'd be interested in seeing a source. Capology says he makes £209k per week GROSS, and any articles on his extension don't mention a net/gross distinction.

Worth noting, Italy has repealed the favorable taxation for foreign footballers. It no longer applies if that's what you're referring to.
in Italy it's always been reported as 10/11 net of taxes. And Osimhen's contract does still take advantage of favourable taxation, since it was signed and registered before the law in question was abolished

It's been kind of forgotten that Napoli paid Lille €70 million plus add-ons of up to €10 million for him, despite Lille only paying €12 million for him a year earlier.

The €65 million they've been trying to flog him for represents a loss on him. And yet they still couldn't shift him.
In raw absolute terms perhaps but Napoli also won the league in no small part thanks to his contribution and at least a decent CL run. For sure they probably hoped to shift him for good money.

I'm assuming that being overly picky in accepting a transfer away might have been the last straw for SSCN.

That didn’t work out well for him. Wonder if it was his agents fault or he was just greedy himself.

It's been kind of forgotten that Napoli paid Lille €70 million plus add-ons of up to €10 million for him, despite Lille only paying €12 million for him a year earlier.

The €65 million they've been trying to flog him for represents a loss on him. And yet they still couldn't shift him.
It wouldn’t have been a loss accounting wise though. They bought him four years ago so the majority of the price they paid has been amortized.

One of those where it really hammers in "take your transfer when you have the chance". From one of the most sought after strikers to now being excluded from registration in a year? Of course he'd still be wanted but he must have just been too demanding wages wise, and this is what happens.

One of those where it really hammers in "take your transfer when you have the chance". From one of the most sought after strikers to now being excluded from registration in a year? Of course he'd still be wanted but he must have just been too demanding wages wise, and this is what happens.
Napoli priced him out of his move last season. Nothing to do with asking for high wages

Then they have obviously tried to shift him to Saudi when he doesn’t want to go there. Happened last summer too

The club may bear some blame not being able to move him if they had much better offers last year. Especially from PSG, which you'd imagine would have been more flexible for wages. De Laurentiis gambled and lost.

Not sure what his fault is..
No one should ever be blamed for not going to the Saudi league.. especially not a 25 year old striker playing at the highest level
and, the Chelsea offer was a joke.

It's a shit situation.. happens..
He might still go to the saudi league if they offer him stupid money.. but that's the least he should be demanding to move there at this stage of his career.

It was a big fee but slightly dodgy and inflated — in return Lille paid around €20m for four players; three youth kids who were instantly loaned into Serie C/D and a 35 year old keeper.

Effectively Napoli paid around €50m or so for him in actuality. Maybe a bit more depending on the add-ons.

Capology is not a reliable source. I have no idea why anyone treats it as such.

he and his agent clearly over played their hand and he's going to sit on his arse now for 5 months doing feck all

What do you think the Chelsea offer was?

I'm not trying to catch you out, I saw that it was £8mil a year inc performance based stuff but obviously that might be wrong.
£8m including(!) bonuses is less than what people on Bayern’s bench make. I completely understand how that offer (if true) can be labeled as insulting.

Capology is not a reliable source. I have no idea why anyone treats it as such.
Certainly more reliable than nothing. and usually directionally close. That's why I asked for a source anyway.

Bayern pay crazy money though. You've got multiple people on over 300K a week.
Two wrongs don’t make a right. Paying Gnabry, Goretzka, Coman €17m is stupid.

Offering a 25yo Osimhen that is on 300k pw and playing the most requested position in football a £4m + £4m in add-ons contract is pathetic, if true.

But is it so relevant? If there are no takers at this salary, then perhaps his “fair salary” is lower than that.
Yes, but there is a (very big!) gap between 300k pw and Chelsea’s alleged 4m+4m offer.

Fecking Bryan Zaragoza (“Who?”, you rightfully ask) is on €5-6m a year.

He's on 300K a week at Napoli? Jesus Christ.
He's not, because of favourable taxation. But an english club would have to pay him that for him not to lose money. He's on around 14m euros a year. But again, PSG were ok paying him that(14 gross) and he was fine taking the paycut for them. He just wasn't keen on Chelsea earlier on, and then your offer was frankly ridiculous compared to what he makes.

Napoli fecked him over 5m with the Saudi club

What do you think the Chelsea offer was?

I'm not trying to catch you out, I saw that it was £8mil a year inc performance based stuff but obviously that might be wrong.
I read he is on 11m euros at Napoli. Chelsea offered him 4m guaranteed and another 4m based on CL qualification/goals

the guaranteed was less than 40% of what he is on and even with all bonuses, it was well under his current wages.

Napoli surely the cause of their own downfall, agree a deal with Saudi only to change the parameters likely due to the Chelsea interest.

Now they will have to sell an out of form striker in a few months paying his wages and receiving less given his diminished value within that time frame.

I read he is on 11m euros at Napoli. Chelsea offered him 4m guaranteed and another 4m based on CL qualification/goals

the guaranteed was less than 40% of what he is on and even with all bonuses, it was well under his current wages.
That €11m at Napoli is net. As @giorno stated above, it corresponds to £300k pw gross in England.

A lot of people commenting on Osimhen that don’t actually watch him play. But that’s the internet for you. People speaking with confidence on things they don’t know about. His numbers at Napoli are a little over a goal every other game (65 goals or so in 108 appearances).

He’s not the most technical player but in the right team, where he’s the final tip of the spear, he’ll do well. I think if he moved to Arsenal they’d be serious title cotenders.

I’ve seen a lot of posters on other social media sites pile on him as being some sort of money grubbing mercenary for not taking Cheslea’s offer which is about half of his current wages. How many posters here would take a 50% paycut to do the same job at a different company.

I’m in the tech industry and sure, I’d like to work at an Apple or Google. But if they told me “Mr.Williams, we want you, but your current salary of $280K a year, we can’t do that. $140K a year is the best we can offer” I’d look elsewhere.

Where Osimhen messed up was signing the contract extension. Napoli were never going to be in the position to pay him that £300K/wk salary through the end of the contract extension and the asking price at the time (€100M+) put off a lot of suitors.

The market for strikers simply changed in a year. The clubs that needed a striker and can afford him, all seem settled. ADL misread the market badly, could have cashed in on him for closer to €80-€90M last season.

Bayern pay crazy money though. You've got multiple people on over 300K a week.
Your offer was a joke mate and he didn’t want to play for Chelsea in the first place.
You’re not going to sign one of the top rated strikers in football on 90k a week plus bonuses

"I never fancied her anyway".
he didnt sign for you after you sent a delegate to Napoli for over 3 days. His agent said publicly he would not join you on loan weeks ago.

You thought you could take advantage of the situation which is fair enough, but it didnt work

Cheeky bid in January seems the way to go?

The interesting question is how low you can hope to go if he's basically lepered for 6 months and SSCN are desperate to get rid. 50m ?
There might be a bit of a bidding war though.

he didnt sign for you after you sent a delegate to Napoli for over 3 days. His agent said publicly he would not join you on loan weeks ago.

You thought you could take advantage of the situation which is fair enough. But it didnt work

If he didn't want to play for Chelsea, he would not have wasted his time negotiating. He'd have said "I don't want to play for Chelsea".

He fecked around, was greedy and now he's cleaning Lukaku's boots for 6 months.

If he didn't want to play for Chelsea, he would not have wasted his time negotiating. He'd have said "I don't want to play for Chelsea".

He fecked around, was greedy and now he's cleaning Lukaku's boots for 6 months.
Greedy ha. Good luck with Jackson and good luck finding a top striker for 90k a week