Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Bro come on, you're making this bigger than it is.

Inaccurate date of births are common place for people from South Asian and African countries, I've recruited double digit amount of doctors for the NHS who's birthday is 1/1/19something. Many of my best friends parents genuinely do not know their own date of birth.

I think it's pretty common knowledge from people within the game that ages of African players are not always accurate, nobody really cares unless its a youth tournament (and there is evidence that age cheating is happening at African youth tournaments). By the time these players make it to Europe, nobody cares how old they are, as most of the time they're good enough to be playing senior football.

It would be a wasted resource to confirm ages of players.
We are not talking about accidentally inaccurate dates of birth. We are talking about deliberate age fraud and I'm really not sure what your overall point is.

1. How exactly have I made it (what exactly?) bigger than it is?

2. Are you suggesting that football clubs don't care what age you are and that the value of players has nothing to do with their ages as long as they are good enough in the present? That would suggest a staggering lack of understanding of the game.

This is just you wanting to be different :lol:

Osimhen is nowhere near, and he isn't even better than Lukaku at the same age. I don't even understand the hype. Where does it come from? His only elite traits are his physicality and aerial ability, and he arguably only have had one great season and that was in Napoli's title winning season where he scored 26 goals. All the other seasons he has failed to score more than 15 goals.
Lukaku scored 23 and 24 in his first two seasons for Inter, it didn't make him a world class striker.

What this shows is that there is an extreme lack of great strikers these days, probably because the game has changed, but also other factors. However, rating Osimhen over Haaland is genuinely unfathomable.

Outscored by the likes of Tammy Abraham, Scamacca and a 36 year old Giroud in 2 of his 3 seasons....

Outscored by the likes of Tammy Abraham, Scamacca and a 36 year old Giroud in 2 of his 3 seasons....

Goals per 90 mins

23/2422/2321/23
Osimhen0.680.910.63
Giroud0.570.540.52
Scamacca0.740.290.67
Abraham0.380.330.49

So only Scamacca who actually had good seasons and Osimhen out of all the players you mentioned showed the highest ceiling and the most consistency

Goals per 90 mins

23/2422/2321/23
Osimhen0.680.910.63
Giroud0.570.540.52
Scamacca0.740.290.67
Abraham0.380.330.49

So only Scamacca who actually had good seasons and Osimhen out of all the players you mentioned showed the highest ceiling and the most consistency

You're really obsessed with him mate. I'll let you be. I can only take it you have never watched him so can't see his glaring deficiencies. He had 2 average seasons and one good sesson. Players like Ciro Immobile looked comfortably better than him, yet he couldn't even hack it at Dortmund.

You're really obsessed with him mate. I'll let you be. I can only take it you have never watched him so can't see his glaring deficiencies. He had 2 average seasons and one good sesson. Players like Ciro Immobile looked comfortably better than him, yet he couldn't even hack it at Dortmund.

Indeed given hes the main striker for my national team I have never watched him, but who is to stop you spouting incorrect facts on the internet ey?

Good luck to you having clearly not watch players enough but spouting nonsense on the internet

If I've learned one thing on the Caf, it's that there's zero point when it comes to trying to chat to posters with nationality bias. Best of luck to you bud.

If I've learned one thing on the Caf, it's that there's zero point when it comes to trying to chat to posters with nationality bias. Best of luck to you bud.

No national bias, I just have reasons to watch other leagues more than some caf members, its easy to spot the imposters when they spout nonsense like a player being outscored by Abraham and Giroud

No national bias, I just have reasons to watch other leagues more than some caf members, its easy to spot the imposters when they spout nonsense like a player being outscored by Abraham and Giroud

The year is 2024, European matches are readily available for literally anyone with a sports subscription to watch, yet that's the hill you choose to die on. They both did outscore him, it's all there to see. You chose to pull our your goals per 90. At the end of the day, your whole attitude screams nationality bias. Best of luck, I'm out.

The year is 2024, European matches are readily available for literally anyone with a sports subscription to watch, yet that's the hill you choose to die on. They both did outscore him, it's all there to see. You chose to pull our your goals per 90. At the end of the day, your whole attitude screams nationality bias. Best of luck, I'm out.

Most don't watch other leagues regularly but feel free to die on the hill where you say they do. You are the one who said I didn't watch him enough, you are also the one talking about national bias again spouting nonsense. You are the only one who has been making false assertions here

Most don't watch other leagues regularly but feel free to die on the hill where you say they do. You are the one who said I didn't watch him enough, you are also the one talking about national bias again spouting nonsense. You are the only one who has been making false assertions here

:nono:

Nuts that Napoli mis understood the market so badly. Last summer rejecting a £150mil bid from PSG. This summer lucky to get half that amount as market conditions have changed so much.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in PL after a season in Saudi Arabia.
That offer was for Osimhen and Kvara, not just Osimhen

His wage demands are not 650k a week, its to maintain his current Napoli salary its only 650k a week for Saudi. Chelsea are still in negotiations with him
Yeah, his current wages at Napoli means around £300k a week for an english club

Goals per 90 mins

23/2422/2321/23
Osimhen0.680.910.63
Giroud0.570.540.52
Scamacca0.740.290.67
Abraham0.380.330.49

Lukaku was banging them in at Serie A. Doesn't mean much.

Also seeing Scamacca at the Euro's was a real eyesore if that is the benchmark.

Who said it meant much, follow the conversation. Lukaku was also banging them in in the PL by the way

He wasn't though. His last two seasons were pretty poor. Peak Lukaku, sure, but he was scoring at similar rates in the PL too

As for Scamacca...he has the personality of a wet napkin

It was just Osimhen as Ornstein said on the podcast I listened to a few hours ago.
It wasn't, Ornstein is wrong. PSG offered 200M for the Osimhen+Kvara duo, it's been well reported in Italy

150m for Osimhen alone was from Saudi, which Napoli accepted(but the player turned it down)

At least it's not us who's been made to look like a circus this time.

Isn't it so that personal terms are now usually agreed prior to negotiations between clubs? How have Chelsea gotten themselves in this mess!

As someone who has seen Osimhen a bit more than most on the CAF, I wouldn't say he isn't worth it or good enough, that is a bit subjective, but he is definitely not my ideal type of striker.

People are just now waking up to the fact that we have not been offering him 350k a week like some twitter accounts have posted. It is not someone that we absolutely need.

People are just now waking up to the fact that we have not been offering him 350k a week like some twitter accounts have posted. It is not someone that we absolutely need.
You are allegedly offering him less than half of what he is earning at Napoli. That is rather insulting.

That’s probably just the base though. Could be double with incentives.

That is why I wrote “allegedly”. To earn at Chelsea what he is currently earning in Napoli you would have to pay him about 300k pw.

Romano on his stream said Osimhen’s relationship with Napoli has completely broken down and it’s unlikely to be fixed. He has seemingly turned down Saudi. Chelsea seems to be his only realistic option right now. If we don’t want to pay him his Napoli salary, he’s out of options.