Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Romano on his stream said Osimhen’s relationship with Napoli has completely broken down and it’s unlikely to be fixed. He has seemingly turned down Saudi. Chelsea seems to be his only realistic option right now. If we don’t want to pay him his Napoli salary, he’s out of options.
Straight swap for Sancho maybe?

Romano on his stream said Osimhen’s relationship with Napoli has completely broken down and it’s unlikely to be fixed. He has seemingly turned down Saudi. Chelsea seems to be his only realistic option right now. If we don’t want to pay him his Napoli salary, he’s out of options.
It is simply very strange. If he were available for 65m and happy with a salary below 200k than about 20 clubs should be in for him.

Haha feck Chelsea hard luck for Osimhen though its a shame because thats the second summer Napoli have scuppered a move for him

Rumour is Saudi moved onto Toney because Napoli raised the price last minute

Deal off. We should have bought a striker but frankly I'd rather steer well clear of Serie A strikers who always flop in the PL. Not arsed that we haven't signed him but annoyed that we didn't go in harder for Toney.

Could be a potential option for us in January if we need a striker, given we actually have funds to spend now. Still only 25 :smirk:

So, Chelsea need a number 9 and could have signed Osimhen.

They instead sign Sancho, when they already have tons of wider attacking players.

:confused:

So, Chelsea need a number 9 and could have signed Osimhen.

They instead sign Sancho, when they already have tons of wider attacking players.

:confused:

Yes because of his wage demands, Sancho will take a wage cut to join us Osimehn wouldn't.

Yeah but it's probably a 17-year contract so it's actually a pretty good deal for Osimhen.

Their treatment of Sterling and the “second squad” will likely bite them in the ass when trying to sell these long deals to players in future.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Osimhen was offered a long deal and his agent has said, well that means absolutely feck all if you’re gonna try to stick him in the reserves and force him out next Summer you twerps.

What a disaster for Oshimen and Napoli. Two years after the ultimate triumph they're stuck in an unhappy and very expensive marriage. Napoli have already done all the business they expected would be offset by Oshimen; I dont have much knowledge of their finances but I didn't get the sense they were flush with cash. I'm amazed no one came in for Oshimen given the price was 130mil+ a year ago and is now down to about 65mil, but it also doesn't sound like Oshimen did himself any favours with the salary he was demanding, and at the very least has been given terrible advice.

We should monitor this closely in case there's a deal to be done in Jan, especially if, as some suspect, we struggle for goals.

Wow. He was probably the most wanted striker on the market 1-2 years ago, and now he doesn't get a move and won't be in the Napoli squad?

Unexpected turn of events. Did his level drop off massively last season?

Looks like there is no one that can/want to buy him and afford his wages at the same time. Real Madrid could've gotten him, they don't really have a proper number 9.

Why would anyone take a pay cut to join Chelsea at this moment in time?

To get out of there current club like Felix did. I never expected the Osimhen deal to happen because of the wages.

Sounds like (per Romano) Napoli sabotaged Osimhen move to Al Ahli and now Osimhen is livid at the club

Last edited:
Sky sports said something about osimhen not returning Chelsea's calls:lol:

Could be a potential option for us in January if we need a striker, given we actually have funds to spend now. Still only 25 :smirk:

Can't imagine him ever being a realistic option under INEOS due to his wages, we are trying to build a structure not break it again

What a disaster for Oshimen and Napoli. Two years after the ultimate triumph they're stuck in an unhappy and very expensive marriage. Napoli have already done all the business they expected would be offset by Oshimen; I dont have much knowledge of their finances but I didn't get the sense they were flush with cash. I'm amazed no one came in for Oshimen given the price was 130mil+ a year ago and is now down to about 65mil, but it also doesn't sound like Oshimen did himself any favours with the salary he was demanding, and at the very least has been given terrible advice.

We should monitor this closely in case there's a deal to be done in Jan, especially if, as some suspect, we struggle for goals.
He was not demanding a high salary, just parity with his current wage. Chelsea were just taking a chance they knew the could not afford him without UCL

Top clubs were just not looking for a striker at the price Napoli were originally quoting. Then Napoli decided to sabotage the move to Saudi for what ever reason.

Its sad for Osimhen

How would he ever afford a deal for him in January?

TBF it is fair enough with his injury issues. I imagine appearances was the biggest factor in the "potential" wages.
It is 2024 not 1864 before emancipation.
He has done far more in football than any player in Chelsea bar Sterling, he should be their highest paid player. That is an insult to Victor.

Screw Chelsea, they are happy to give Sancho bags but low balling Osimehen

He has done far more in football than any player in Chelsea bar Sterling, he should be their highest paid player. That is an insult to Victor.

I think they are stupid for paying Sancho's wages, I wouldn't say they are stupid for being cautious with a player who has known injury issues.

Behave, we've got Champions league winners and world cup winners at the club.

We apparently offered him 8 mil a year and he turned it down. Now he gets to be Lukaku's backup.

Can't imagine him ever being a realistic option under INEOS due to his wages, we are trying to build a structure not break it again
Why? He's making about £200k per week, similar to De Ligt. It's nothing ludicrous. Idk what he's demanding, probably a raise, but if he were actually a top striker he'd be worth it.

Why? He's making about £200k per week, similar to De Ligt. It's nothing ludicrous. Idk what he's demanding, probably a raise, but if he were actually a top striker he'd be worth it.
He makes 11m euros NET of taxes, for this and the next season at Napoli. That's ~300k a week to match for an english club

Though it should be noted he'd agreed a paycut to join PSG, but the latter never made Napoli an offer after the 200m for him+Kvara and were evidently far more interested in the latter

Last edited:
Wow. He was probably the most wanted striker on the market 1-2 years ago, and now he doesn't get a move and won't be in the Napoli squad?

Unexpected turn of events. Did his level drop off massively last season?

Looks like there is no one that can/want to buy him and afford his wages at the same time. Real Madrid could've gotten him, they don't really have a proper number 9.
From 31 goals in 39 games in 2022 23 season to 17 goals in 31 games in 2023 24 season. He was fantastic for that one season but all others were just decent.

It's been kind of forgotten that Napoli paid Lille €70 million plus add-ons of up to €10 million for him, despite Lille only paying €12 million for him a year earlier.

The €65 million they've been trying to flog him for represents a loss on him. And yet they still couldn't shift him.