Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

What a waste of talent.
I mean, is it? He's going to get paid above and beyond what someone of his ability should ever receive, so in that regard he's maximising his earning potential, and he's not going to win anything major joining the likes of Chelsea. If you're only options are Napoli, Chelsea or Saudi Arabia then you might as well go and play over there for a while and not worry about working ever again.

I mean, is it? He's going to get paid above and beyond what someone of his ability should ever receive, so in that regard he's maximising his earning potential, and he's not going to win anything major joining the likes of Chelsea. If you're only options are Napoli, Chelsea or Saudi Arabia then you might as well go and play over there for a while and not worry about working ever again.

Yes, it is. He's an elite striker and he's going to an utterly shite league. He should be playing for a top club, not Saudi.

Yes, it is. He's an elite striker and he's going to an utterly shite league. He should be playing for a top club, not Saudi.
He's not that good though, if he was then £120m would be nothing for a big club. He's miles behind the likes of Mbappe, Kane and Haaland. He got himself stuck in Napoli with golden handcuffs because everyone wanted to believe he was world class. It's like that Serbian bloke who played for Lazio and went to Saudi Arabia last year, they wanted over £100m at one point for him too. These guys are playing in a declining league and putting in decent numbers.

He's not that good though, if he was then £120m would be nothing for a big club. He's miles behind the likes of Mbappe and Haaland. He got himself stuck in Napoli with golden handcuffs because everyone wanted to believe he was world class. It's like that Serbian bloke who played for Lazio and went to Saudi Arabia last year, they wanted over £100m at one point for him too. These guys are playing in a declining league and putting in decent numbers.
You're being silly. He's not miles behind Mbappe and Haaland. He's not as good but both of those players are far and above the stand out talents of this generation. He's still an elite striker.

Nice work Napoli and Oshimen...both get paid.

Still young enough to come back to Europe a very rich man and play for a decent size club before he is 30
Exactly. I imagine the release clause will be low enough to allow for serious offers next season anyway so as am escape from/for Napoli, this works out well.

70/80m euros, thats a steal, we paid about the same in total for Hojlund

You're being silly. He's not miles behind Mbappe and Haaland. He's not as good but both of those players are far and above the stand out talents of this generation. He's still an elite striker.
I don't know, I don't really rate him that highly. He's good but I just can't see him putting in massive numbers at a big club. I would have liked to have seen him in the PL but Napoli priced him out of a move, or he priced himself out with that daft contract he signed. I think for example, someone like Toney would do equally as good at Napoli, but he's not worth massive money either.

I don't know, I don't really rate him that highly. He's good but I just can't see him putting in massive numbers at a big club. I would have liked to have seen him in the PL but Napoli priced him out of a move, or he priced himself out with that daft contract he signed. I think for example, someone like Toney would do equally as good at Napoli, but he's not worth massive money either.

Toney wouldn't come close at Napoli, playing as a lone striker, he had Mbuemu and Wissa to do all his running at Brenford

He's earning 500k per week net.

He wouldn't have been at Chelsea, the price is a steal and he wanted to remain in Europe else he would have went to Suadi last summer or not on the final day of the window this summer

So he's chasing the money then, had a feeling he'd end up in Saudi. Surely Toney goes to Chelsea instead. Hopefully Brentford rinse them.

Bound to happen. Chelsea aren't going to pay Napoli 80m. Osimhen isn't going to play for Chelsea at 150k/week. So many things logically wrong about that link.

So he's chasing the money then, had a feeling he'd end up in Saudi. Surely Toney goes to Chelsea instead. Hopefully Brentford rinse them.
Has he not got an offer from Saudi as well? Be very funny if they end up with Calvert-Lewin.

I actually might rate him above Haaland

He wouldn't have been at Chelsea, the price is a steal and he wanted to remain in Europe else he would have went to Suadi last summer or not on the final day of the window this summer
His wage demands are still very high which is likely why he was on the market for much less than we would expect and still no one in Europe offered him what he wanted. Clearly, no one in Europe is viewing the combo of paying 65-80m plus his wage demands as a steal.

Seria A stats

21/22: goals per 90 0.63 goals + assists per 90 0.72 expected goals per 90 0.43
22/23: goals per 90 0.91 goals + assists per 90 1.04 expected goals per 90 0.70
23/24: goals per 90 0.68 goals + assists per 90 0.81 expected goals per 90 0.70

Overall very impressive last 3 seasons

His wage demands are still very high which is likely why he was on the market for much less than we would expect and still no one in Europe offered him what he wanted. Clearly, no one in Europe is viewing the combo of paying 65-80m plus his wage demands as a steal.

They were not that high, Chelsea just now have a wage structure and don't want to break it. He was fine with maintaining his current salary which is less than many top PL players currently earn
Why should a top striker sign for Chelsea and take a wage cut?

He put up massive numbers when Napoli won the title. Aside from his first season at Napoli he's been very consistent in every club at getting you 20ish goal contributions a season.

Toney has two good seasons in a top division. That's it.

The overrating of this bloke is something else. He's bobbins. I was actually hoping Chelsea would get suckered into signing him.
In reality he has 3 very good seasons at Napoli but some people obviously don't watch much football outside of the PL, you'll obviously score more goals when your team is performing well and in a title race

He put up massive numbers when Napoli won the title. Aside from his first season at Napoli he's been very consistent in every club at getting you 20ish goal contributions a season.
He did, and he was great that season. That season is pretty much the reason he has this reputation he's 'world class' but he's not been great and neither have Napoli since then. I know he scores well in Italy but outside the likes of Ronaldo, most strikers that leave Italy can't do it anywhere else. We've seen players like Schevchenko move to England and be absolutely shite.

In what aspect? He makes Haaland's on the ball skill look like Messi.

I think you'll find he is better on the ball, his long passing is better and he is a better deceptive dribbler too

He did, and he was great that season. That season is pretty much the reason he has this reputation he's 'world class' but he's not been great and neither have Napoli since then. I know he scores well in Italy but outside the likes of Ronaldo, most strikers that leave Italy can't do it anywhere else. We've seen players like Schevchenko move to England and be absolutely shite.

He scored in France too hence why he got a move to Italy