Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

He’s nothing special either, is he? Had that purple patch a couple years back, but other than that averages 10-15 goals in an easier league. He looks a handful when I’ve seen him, but not particularly technical.

He isn't technical but he's capable of scoring a lot of goals if the service is good. He has a great leap on him, plus he's quick and strong. He also seems to pick up different types of injuries which can be bad luck but it happens so often.

A year is a long time in football...surprising how little interest he is generating! (Similarly to Toney)

A year is a long time in football...surprising how little interest he is generating! (Similarly to Toney)
Yeah, I think PSR's making the valuations the selling clubs are holding out for these 2 players specifically, difficult to work around. That and neither hit the same heights last season as the previous one (for different reasons of course).

That's their problem, maybe why he's going for £55m.
That doesn't explain them replacing him with an almost equally expensive, older and worse player! It might make sense if they actually sold Osimhen before completing those other deals. But they haven't. They're apparently going through with the Lukaku signing even as Osimhen seems likely to stay

That doesn't explain them replacing him with an almost equally expensive, older and worse player! It might make sense if they actually sold Osimhen before completing those other deals. But they haven't. They're apparently going through with the Lukaku signing even as Osimhen seems likely to stay
I imagine Lukaku is cheaper.

But is that what the trade agreement is? Napoli won't pay what Chelsea do.
They won't. It's still a lot of money and not that much less than Osimhen

That's what doesn't make sense to me. Although deal hasn't been signed yet so maybe Napoli have simply jumped the gun all summer...

Lukaku agreed to cut his wages to join Napoli. Nobody has reported what his salary with Napoli will be.

A bit like Toney I think he thought he was a lot better than he is and thought more teams would be desperate for him. But like Toney the financial package is too much for the quality of player. They both basically boastfully sold themselves this summer as far back as January and now the only serious offers are from Saudi Arabia. Can’t say I have much sympathy for either.
Stay humble…..

His agent, and the weird way he talks about him, makes me a little nervous about bringing him in:

“Did you serve runny eggs at the training table this morning to the Scuddetto-wiining, 7th runner up for the Balon D’or?!?”

The Sun said he expects 500k per week? That can’t be right can it?

I like Osimhen as a player, but we just got rid of Lukaku, so if I’m Chelsea I want to make sure it’s a reasonable deal for a player who actually wants to be there and put in the work. And new representation wouldn’t hurt.

According to Mitten we approached Napoli last summer but walked away after being told 110m. So just maybe we could go back in for him next summer because interest clearly there. Having said that his wage demands would damage the structure INEOS want to implement so probably not realistic.

Last edited:
If its true that we have been negotiating a swap deal for him with Rashford going to Napoli in exchange that might actually be a good move for all parties.

This is such a weird one. Why would Napoli agree to sell him for 65m?
His contract expires in summer 2026 (or so TMarkt thinks) but if there's any truth that he has exorbitant wage demands, Napoli's ownership might not be confident they can extend him. Which means next summer they could be "forced" to put him on sale, then ?

Highest transfer this summer is 75m€, 13 transfers were done for 50m€ or more (at this point).
Last year there were 28 transfers for 50m€ or more and 7 for 90m€ or more.

Who can afford Osimhen ?
Real, Bayern, PSG and maybe 5-6 clubs in the PL : City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle... The top 2-3 Saudi clubs. Barcelona and a couple more ? Some of those clubs have decent rosters for their forwards (Real, obviously). PSG bought Kolo Muani for 90m last summer, I don't think they can justify an exorbitant purchase. Bayern has Kane that should still be to the level for a couple of years.

Neves had a 120m€ clause but Benfica was happy to deal for 60m€ plus some sweeteners attached (you can rate between 5-20m€)

Maybe Napoli doesn't fancy the transfer business picks up next summer. Perhaps they envision the new PSR rules stiffing the maximum fees to England. City might not be in the market at that point (fingers crossed).

In the current market and even overestimating his value, seems hard to believe he'd go for more than 80m€. 65 was prolly the best they got.

Last edited:
This is such a weird one. Why would Napoli agree to sell him for 65m?
They had already programmed his sale when they extended his contract - with huge raise - last winter, and I assume need the money to make up for the lack of UEFA money. They sell for 65m because that's the only offer they have and the market is closing in 3 days

The bigger question is why did they go through with the Lukaku deal despite Osimhen looking increasingly likely to stay

They had already programmed his sale when they extended his contract - with huge raise - last winter, and I assume need the money to make up for the lack of UEFA money. They sell for 65m because that's the only offer they have and the market is closing in 3 days

The bigger question is why did they go through with the Lukaku deal despite Osimhen looking increasingly likely to stay

Napoli will definitely look like fools if they have to loan or keep Osimhen but buy Lukaku.

I do wonder whether they could play together. At Inter Conte got Lukaku and Lautaro to work together extremely well, with Lukaku taking on the more creative role in that partnership. But it does seem like Osimhen may have burned a lot of bridges at Napoli and they just want to move him on.

Napoli will definitely look like fools if they have to loan or keep Osimhen but buy Lukaku.

A loan with obligation to buy might benefit Napoli in the long run though as recieving the tranfers fee nect summer will benefit them more than recieving it this summer since they arnt subject to UEFA FFP requirements due to not qualifying for any UEFA competion but will be next summer if they qualify for a European competition this season.

Seems like the Toney stuff this morning was a weird smokescreen.

What is a ‘passionating last minute deal’ ?!

Signing Osimhen is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman…….. :lol:

:lol:

I’m more annoyed by Ben Jacobs saying ‘pursue a non-temporary formula’.

He is a scary prospect for this league when you look at the wide attacking options Chelsea have

Honestly I hope the Sterling links get dropped because it would make the Osimhen deal harder to pull off for Chelsea. Let them mess up their financial future, if we get Sterling I feel like we're gonna bail them out again

They're not signing him. They won't break their wage structure and he won't accept a wage cut