Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

They're not signing him. They won't break their wage structure and he won't accept a wage cut

I guess he stays at Napoli then. He seems out of options. I thought he was desperate to get out of Napoli, but if his options are Saudi club, Chelsea or staying put, then I guess he has a decision to make.

By “fit into our new wage structure” I’m assuming that means he will have a “reasonable” base wage of like £200k per week with incentives that can take him higher and higher if he achieves them. Number of goals scored, reaching top 4, etc.

I highly doubt we’re asking him to slash his current wage dramatically or anything.

By “fit into our new wage structure” I’m assuming that means he will have a “reasonable” base wage of like £200k per week with incentives that can take him higher and higher if he achieves them. Number of goals scored, reaching top 4, etc.

I highly doubt we’re asking him to slash his current wage dramatically or anything.

Who are you signing out of him and Toney before the deadline on Friday do you reckon?

Who are you signing out of him and Toney before the deadline on Friday do you reckon?
As long as PSG don’t jump in at the last minute I guess Osimhen. Toney will be the emergency backup option if that happens.

As long as PSG don’t jump in at the last minute I guess Osimhen. Toney will be the emergency backup option if that happens.

Would say leave Toney for us but we haven't got the funds so he will just wait for Al Ahli, damn

30M Euros a year. 3M Euros a month tax free. 120M in 4 years. How do you say no to that?

This guy just isn't good. He's record at Napoli isn't even particularly good.

65 goals and 16 assists in 108 league appearances for Napoli with a total of 8136 minutes played. That's a goal or an assist per every 100 minutes played. That is an excellent record whichever way you put it.

But then there's the injuries which are my main issue with this guy. Based on his entire career so far he seems to be fit for around 25 league games a season on average, which is not exactly what you'd want from a hugely expensive striker. And while he has so far been able to perform really well between the injury spells, who's to say how long that will continue. The older the player gets the more impact those injuries will have on his body and it's possible he won't age particularly well as a player.

Personally I rate him and think he could be a really good asset for Chelsea if the club can make the finances work. Even the injuries might be manageable because we already have Jackson who I rate rather highly as well. But at the same time I can't say I'd be too disappointed if we miss out, because of the risks involved.

65 goals and 16 assists in 108 league appearances for Napoli with a total of 8136 minutes played. That's a goal or an assist per every 100 minutes played. That is an excellent record whichever way you put it.

But then there's the injuries which are my main issue with this guy. Based on his entire career so far he seems to be fit for around 25 league games a season on average, which is not exactly what you'd want from a hugely expensive striker. And while he has so far been able to perform really well between the injury spells, who's to say how long that will continue. The older the player gets the more impact those injuries will have on his body and it's possible he won't age particularly well as a player.
Personally I rate him and think he could be a really good asset for Chelsea if the club can make the finances work. Even the injuries might be manageable because we already have Jackson who I rate rather highly as well. But at the same time I can't say I'd be too disappointed if we miss out, because of the risks involved.

I think he's shite tbh, and barring his one anomaly goal scoring season in 22/23, he hasn't looked great at all. He's another Lukaku but worse.

Chelsea are a ridiculous club, Osimhen and Sancho. The turnover of attackers is mad, like a fellow who buys a PS5 then on the way home picks up a XBOX and a PC as well then starts in on waiting for the Switch 2.

Never overly excited by one dimensional strikers like Osimhen.

Meeting soon between the agent of #Osimhen , Roberto Calenda, and the sporting director of @ALAHLI_FC . Negotiation that is entering the heart of the matter: the striker is offered 30 million per year for 4 years. If Osimhen says yes, the two clubs will try to agree on the figures

I feel with those last minute deals it's generally the clubs that did the prep work or initiated links beforehand that have the best chance to get it done. If that's the same Saudi club that was reported offering 65m a week or so ago, I reckon it's where he's headed.

Meeting soon between the agent of #Osimhen , Roberto Calenda, and the sporting director of @ALAHLI_FC . Negotiation that is entering the heart of the matter: the striker is offered 30 million per year for 4 years. If Osimhen says yes, the two clubs will try to agree on the figures

Oh i misunderstood you then, i thought you meant Chelsea has made a crazy offer

If they sign him, that puts Chelsea on negative 1bn € since the takeover, can anyone explain to me how on Earth this works within PSR?

Easy - you just need to sell hotels to yourself to satisfy the Premier League's rules. Unfortunately for Chelsea, it has emerged that UEFA are a little more strict:

Chelsea face ‘more than challenging’ bid to meet Uefa’s financial rules
Premier League side in difficult position after European governing body confirmed it does not allow clubs to register income from selling assets, like its two hotels, to sister companies

https://www.thetimes.com/sport/football/article/chelsea-uefa-financial-rules-football-bff0b5znw

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...idered-European-footballs-governing-body.html

If they sign him, that puts Chelsea on negative 1bn € since the takeover, can anyone explain to me how on Earth this works within PSR?
Chelsea has been selling great on players with no/zero book value, and also have been signing a lot of players on long contracts (which helps with keeping ammortisation costs, no longer allowed anymore). They will struggle to sell those players though, as selling them will really hurt their PSR budget.

Easy - you just need to sell hotels to yourself to satisfy the Premier League's rules. Unfortunately for Chelsea, it has emerged that UEFA are a little more strict:

Premier League side in difficult position after European governing body confirmed it does not allow clubs to register income from selling assets, like its two hotels, to sister companies

https://www.thetimes.com/sport/football/article/chelsea-uefa-financial-rules-football-bff0b5znw

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...idered-European-footballs-governing-body.html
More than likely Chelsea has 3 issues to negotiate in next 12 months;

1. The outstanding case from 2012 to 2019, as yet no charges have been brought forward and they will get some form of lenancy due to self reporting, however this still involves Potential fraud by Chelsea’s previous owners which gave them a sporting advantage at the time. Who knows? This very much depends on the precedent set by City 115 charges and what or if any punishments are given to Man City. Chelsea could get a points deduction too!

2. The current/next year PSR/Anchoring proposal which will mean the club must sell probably more potential academy players to break even with all their recent expenditure, it’s why I don’t see them buying Osimhen or Toney unless both are under £40m. Last years accounts included no European football revenue, so for them to be spending so much when the 80% squad ratio rule applies to them in Europe this year is staggering, their wages are higher than United’s and this is why they are trying so desperately to remove high earners like Chillwell, Sterling and others. Not sure probably a small fine!

3. UEFA do not recognise revenues generated by selling assets to affiliated or share owned companies, this means they will undoubtedly fail the 80% Squad Ratio test this year where only 80% of what they turnover can b spent on wages, Agent fees and transfers. Best possible outcome a fine, worst transfer embargo 2 seasons and 1 season ban from competition.

Haven't seen him play to be honest, but the internet has him in the top 5 strikers in the world in almost every count.

There's a serious dearth of actual number 9's around these days. So, by default, he's rated far higher than his actual ability. His technique is poor, and Lukaku at the same age, for me, was a better player. Make of that what you will.

If Chelsea buy Osimhen and Sancho how do they line up having already bought Felix and Neto this window alone, plus having Palmer and the other 6 or 7 options?!

It’s deadline day tomorrow. Napoli have announced Lukaku.

He has a choice between going to Saudi or coming to the PL.

Just a hunch but I'd take it the team of professionals working at Chelsea know what they're doing and the media fear-mongering for clicks will once again fall flat. Nothing has just 'emerged' and they either have it under control or are willing to take the fine in order to realise future gains.

Just a hunch but I'd take it the team of professionals working at Chelsea know what they're doing and the media fear-mongering for clicks will once again fall flat. Nothing has just 'emerged' and they either have it under control or are willing to take the fine in order to realise future gains.
Yeah those professionals have never landed Chelsea with transfer bans in the past