Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Incredible to think how much money Napoli lost because they didn’t sell him when his value was high.
They haven't though. The only crazy offer they received was from Saudi and they accepted it - Osimhen rejected the destination. The offers they're getting - unofficially - are the same as last summer, in the region of ~80M euros. Ideally they want to hold out for the buyout clause though. The problem is not enough of a market for expensive strikers this summer, with PSG the only game in town so far
Hoping that transfer request brings the fee down considerably
Transfer requests are not a real thing. FM is a game, it's not reality

They haven't though. The only crazy offer they received was from Saudi and they accepted it - Osimhen rejected the destination. The offers they're getting - unofficially - are the same as last summer, in the region of ~80M euros. Ideally they want to hold out for the buyout clause though. The problem is not enough of a market for expensive strikers this summer, with PSG the only game in town so far

Transfer requests are not a real thing. FM is a game, it's not reality
Transfer Requests are a real thing.

Players lose some sort of bonus by doing so but they are a reality.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/osimhen-next-club-chelsea-fc-2024-b1175929.html

Transfer Requests are a real thing.

Players lose some sort of bonus by doing so but they are a reality.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/osimhen-next-club-chelsea-fc-2024-b1175929.html
They're not. They used to be real, but these days no agent worth his job agrees to anything like that. Osimhen has wanted to leave since last summer, Napoli has known about it since last summer, and agreeing on thr conditions of his exit were one one of the biggest points of contention when they negotiated his extension. Manna's words are directed at their fanbase. It's known that Osimhen wants to leave and Napoli wants to sell - they literally put that on paper like 6 months ago

They're not. They used to be real, but these days no agent worth his job agrees to anything like that. Osimhen has wanted to leave since last summer, Napoli has known about it since last summer, and agreeing on thr conditions of his exit were one one of the biggest points of contention when they negotiated his extension. Manna's words are directed at their fanbase. It's known that Osimhen wants to leave and Napoli wants to sell - they literally put that on paper like 6 months ago

Yep that seems to be the case.

Napoli have this billy big ones when it comes to dealing transfers with them and that to be fair is well justified but there are times when the players wishes/ demands make things nigh on impossible to navigate
I haven’t seen too many rumours but the suggestion is that Conte wants both Lukaku ( as is well known) but there are suggestions that Conte also wants Casadei who is said wants to go back to Italy . Throw the supposed value of those two ( circa €50 million) and then all of a sudden there potentially is a deal to be done which from a PR perspective seems a win win.

He will end up at Chelsea, do okay but not really excel because of how much of a mess Chelsea are, yet they will still probably manage to sell Jackson for £60m next season to replace him with the next big striker and the cycle will continue.

#Calciomercato | @ChelseaFC , new entry for Osimhen. @sscnapoli wants to sell the player permanently, possible exchange of registration cards (with adjustment in favor of the Azzurri), with Lukaku

It's pure speculation beyond Chelsea renewing interest in the player

Yep that seems to be the case.

Napoli have this billy big ones when it comes to dealing transfers with them and that to be fair is well justified but there are times when the players wishes/ demands make things nigh on impossible to navigate
I haven’t seen too many rumours but the suggestion is that Conte wants both Lukaku ( as is well known) but there are suggestions that Conte also wants Casadei who is said wants to go back to Italy . Throw the supposed value of those two ( circa €50 million) and then all of a sudden there potentially is a deal to be done which from a PR perspective seems a win win.
You have nailed the important part I think: which is for Napoli to be able to say they got their full value for Osimhen. This is really important because they will be having to deal with Kvicha next year of the year after.

Casadei being included would allow them to do this. He is very highly thought of in Italy and a really good talent just in general.

He covers the grey area where both parties can save face and get what they want.

That said, it seems so obvious, that means it will probably never happen.

Last edited:
I’m assuming his wages are the issue. Shame as he’s 25 years old and would be one of the best strikers in the league - his physicality is perfect for the EPL.
It does look like him or his agent are cash grabbing. That’s definitely going to hold him back

Not convinced by him and it appears no other big club are either
It's the weirdest fecking thing to be honest. Has to be sonething we don't know about because the situation doesn't make any sense

It's the weirdest fecking thing to be honest. Has to be sonething we don't know about because the situation doesn't make any sense
Probably the easiest way to get out of Napoli. Year in Saudi then go join one of the big European clubs.

I think the other poster may be right in that he’s insisting on too much money. The markets are changing, maybe he’s priced himself out

I thought he was off to Chelsea

We've been "monitoring" him for a long time but will only make a move if the financial side starts looking better, mainly Osimhen's salary but also Napoli's demands. Now it looks like Napoli's price tag could be getting closer to reality if the Saudi bid is anything to go by, but the salary would still be a big issue for Chelsea and I doubt that will change.

I think the other poster may be right in that he’s insisting on too much money. The markets are changing, maybe he’s priced himself out
Then why not just stay at Napoli? Apparently he's on something like 20M a year there. Why not fight to stay? Club certainly isn't in a position to just exclude him from the team

Then why not just stay at Napoli? Apparently he's on something like 20M a year there. Why not fight to stay? Club certainly isn't in a position to just exclude him from the team
Interesting also that Napoli are no longer shouting about 120m. They will accept half price. Is that just to get his salary of the books?

Interesting also that Napoli are no longer shouting about 120m. They will accept half price. Is that just to get his salary of the books?
But they're replacing him with Lukaku at 15M a year(plus 30M fee)? Lukaku will basically cost them as much as keeping Osi.

Something must have gone down behind the scenes to make his stay impossible. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense

How is he being sold for less than what we paid for Hojlund :lol: :lol:
Saudi might pay a lot more upfront and that's possibly worthy of a rebate of sorts depending on potential urgency in the accounting department.
Last year was a bit of a crazy summer for strikers with Kane and RKM moving and the whole Mbappé saga inciting people to opine on his insane valuation. Even in that market 120m€ sounded way excessive.

I don't disagree 65m€ sounds a little low.

they aren't selling him for that

I think they will. Osimhen also wants £500k a week from clubs in Europe which is putting all of them off.

After the scudetto win he's thinking far too highly of himself and its lead to this scenario now where he's being priced out

I think they will. Osimhen also wants £500k a week from clubs in Europe which is putting all of them off.

After the scudetto win he's thinking far too highly of himself and its lead to this scenario now where he's being priced out

He’s nothing special either, is he? Had that purple patch a couple years back, but other than that averages 10-15 goals in an easier league. He looks a handful when I’ve seen him, but not particularly technical.