Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

There is no way he is coming to us and I am very fine with that. We do not currently need galacticos

Certain United fans need to move away from the delusion that any one, "mesiah" player will save our team. We need 6-7 good, consistent players, not just one star.

Look at Joao Neves. There is no way we should pay 120mil for him, or anywhere close to it. He is a great midfielder but he was bullied by Georgia, just yesterday. What will he do against premiership clubs if the rest of the team is not there? Nothing

We dont currently have any need for luxury players. Maybe in 3-4 years

Totally agree, and it's also Ineos and SJR's thinking. Two solid summer windows rebuilding a squad, on acceptable wages, offering reasonable fees. No more United Tax and mercenaries. Yes, it will be slightly painful in the short term, but absolutely required for the medium and long term. Add one or two galacticos in year 3 to top it off.

I'm all for it. No more Pogba's at £90m, Maguire at £80m, Antony at £85m. We've had our pants taken down for far too long.

If people are complaining about Hojlund's technique, they are going to be in for a treat with Osimhens.

So you want to splash out €120m for anticipation and striker's positioning? You're talking as if Osimhen's positioning and anticipation is Haaland-like, which is just so far from reality. Other than that, you're not really replying to anything in my post which just strengthens my assumption you don't really know what kind of striker he is. He is a striker that lurks in the box just waiting for chances. In Napoli, he gets that as they have multiple creators, particularly Kvaratskhelia and Politano who aren't just great creators, but also excellent crossers that gives Osimhen an extra advantage because of his quality in aerial duels. It is no coincidence Osimhen stopped scoring goals when Kvaratskhelia was out of form. He wouldn't get that advantage for us, because first of all, we only have one creator in Bruno, and we have no great crossers except maybe Shaw. Our wingers don't provide chances for him as their game is cutting in and shooting (Garnacho, Rashford, Antony).

Now, given that Napoli plays to his strengths and he still only managed to score 14 goals in the league (2 from penalties), what makes you think he would score more for us? It's not like he is playing against excellent defenders in Serie A either (Bastoni, Bremer, Tomori are exceptions), and the general goalkeeping and defending is very poor.

Another thing you should keep in mind is that Lukaku also had excellent positioning and anticipation in the box, but it's not enough. Both Osimhen and Lukaku have very poor balance and fall to ground easily which is weird when you consider how physically strong they are. They also have a poor first touch (as do Højlund btw) which is one of the reasons United fans wanted him out to begin with as it ruined too many attacks. Lukaku was also PL proven but failed for us, scored way more goals than Osimhen does, so why do you think Osimhen would be so good for us?

Keep in mind Højlund scored the same amount of goals as him this season if you exclude Osimhen's two penalty goals, which would only be fair when Bruno takes our penalties. He is also 5 years younger and not as injury-prone.

These things are simply not true. Osimhen doesn't just lurk in the box. He doesn't go to ground easily, either except when hacked. He scored 15 goals in 22 appearances this season which is a vital frame of context, as he was away for the entire length of the Afcon, and had an injury before that.

Last edited:
Overpriced and has a stinking attitude if you've followed his recent spat with the Nigeria national manager.

He makes Sancho look like Ned Flanders. Avoid at all costs.

These things are simply not true. Osimhen doesn't just lurk in the box. He doesn't go to ground easily, either except when hacked. He scored 14 in 22 appearances this season which is a vital frame of context, as he was away for the entire length of the Afcon, and had an injury before that.

Yes, he is a striker that lurks in the box. That's exactly what he is. That's why you don't see him scoring goals unless he gets supplied in the box. Look at where his goals come from. Are they outside the box? No, they are all inside. He has got terrible link-up play, and unless he has space to run into, he is terrible running at defenders. With his back to goal, he is excellent, but he does fall to ground easily. It's not because he is weak, it's because he has poor balance, and it was the same for Lukaku despite being absolutely physically superior compared to most of his opponents.

I see you bolded out the part where I said that Napoli plays to his strengths as if you disagreed with that. I assume that was a mistake or something, surely you don't disagree with that? He is literally in the perfect environment with the perfect players around him that play to his strengths.

It doesn't matter how many goals he scored in a certain amount of games when the end result is 12 open play goals in nearly 2000 minutes. It's not much better than Højlund who scored 10 open play goals in 2100 minutes. Højlund also scored 5 CL goals in 6 games against Osimhen's 2 goals in 6 games.

As for AFQON, he scored one goal out of 19 shots and missed massive chances constantly. It's not a great argument. The injury argument is not a great one either, as he misses at least 10 games every season which makes him injury prone. €120m for an injury prone striker isn't a good idea.

Yes, he is a striker that lurks in the box. That's exactly what he is. That's why you don't see him scoring goals unless he gets supplied in the box. Look at where his goals come from. Are they outside the box? No, they are all inside. He has got terrible link-up play, and unless he has space to run into, he is terrible running at defenders. With his back to goal, he is excellent, but he does fall to ground easily. It's not because he is weak, it's because he has poor balance, and it was the same for Lukaku despite being absolutely physically superior compared to most of his opponents.

I see you bolded out the part where I said that Napoli plays to his strengths as if you disagreed with that. I assume that was a mistake or something, surely you don't disagree with that? He is literally in the perfect environment with the perfect players around him that play to his strengths.

It doesn't matter how many goals he scored in a certain amount of games when the end result is 12 open play goals in nearly 2000 minutes. It's not much better than Højlund who scored 10 open play goals in 2100 minutes. Højlund also scored 5 CL goals in 6 games against Osimhen's 2 goals in 6 games.

As for AFQON, he scored one goal out of 19 shots and missed massive chances constantly. It's not a great argument. The injury argument is not a great one either, as he misses at least 10 games every season which makes him injury prone. €120m for an injury prone striker isn't a good idea.

I've watched Osimhen play a ton and some of the things you've said aren't true. Not to my observation anyway. He definitely doesn't go down easy. He also doesn't have terrible link-up play. These can be subjective and there no stats to prove or disprove this so we can agree to disagree.

However, you asked what guarantees we have that he would score more than 14 for us and I'm pointing out that if he's available for a full season his current record shows that he's good for more than 14 goals a season.

When you compare him with Hojlund, you're also fudging the data a little bit. Osimhen played 1990 minutes. Hojlund played 2172 not 2100. Osimhen scored 13 open play goals not 12 (going by you previously saying he scored 2 penalties). That's an open-play goal every 153 minutes compared to one every 217 minutes. Across an entire season, that's a huge difference. Worth noting he also got more assists than Rasmus.

As for Afcon, he had a poor one in front of goal. But we already know he's much better than the finishing he showed. At 25 he already has Nigeria's highest goals-to-games ratio of all time. And even with his poor finishing at the Afcon, he was involved in nearly every Nigeria goal which says a lot for his contributions outside lurking in the box.

As for injuries, he only missed 6 league games due to injuries or other fitness issues last season, not 10.

I don't think he should come here but you're significantly underrating him.

If you think Lukaku's first touch was bad wait till you watch this guy up close

These things are simply not true. Osimhen doesn't just lurk in the box. He doesn't go to ground easily, either except when hacked. He scored 15 goals in 22 appearances this season which is a vital frame of context, as he was away for the entire length of the Afcon, and had an injury before that.

What’s not to love, An injury prone player who fecks off in the middle of the season once every couple of years. €120m feels too little, we should probably offer more.

If you think Lukaku's first touch was bad wait till you watch this guy up close
:lol:, yeah I'm not sure people fully grasp how average he is technically. I don't see the point in signing him when we have someone similar in style with Hojlund. We need a more technical option up top.

He doesn't really fit our needs, is way out of our price range and has question marks about his attitude and fitness. I for one am sold, lets get it done.

If Hojlund stays fully fit and actually gets better service he will bang in 20+ league goals anyway. We don't need this overpriced, overrated prima donna.

Would be nice to see a Nigerian play for United but don’t really rate this guy. Would be outrageous for the money they will ask.

Last edited:
Sign up whoever has sorted this deal for Chelsea. Lukaku out and Osimhen in?! How've they done that?!

We still to this day haven't replaced Lukaku with a goalscoring striker. It's becoming a bit silly. If Osimhen was going on loan, United should have done it surely.

Lukaku is the cat with 9 lives. Honest to god an atrocious footballer, a terrible professional and an ego maniac. How he manages to play for top clubs, I have no idea.

Yes but why do you think this was difficult to get? He's going to be massively overpriced, even though there is not that much demand for him.
I mean the option to buy won’t be that high as it will kick in summer 2025 and he’s out of contract in the summer of 2026. I’m not sure why Napoli would agree to this deal, unless they get him to sign a one year extension first.

This is a dream deal for Chelsea, they offload Lukaku who’s on huge wages, bring in one of the highest rated strikers on the planet and if he adapts to the league, they get to make it permanent, if he doesn’t they can send him back.

They created so many chances last season but couldn’t finish but now they’ve got him to fix that.

I mean the option to buy won’t be that high as it will kick in summer 2025 and he’s out of contract in the summer of 2026. I’m not sure why Napoli would agree to this deal, unless they get him to sign a one year extension first.

This is a dream deal for Chelsea, they offload Lukaku who’s on huge wages, bring in one of the highest rated strikers on the planet and if he adapts to the league, they get to make it permanent, if he doesn’t they can send him back.

They created so many chances last season but couldn’t finish but now they’ve got him to fix that.
Well I guess we will see, I think his rating has dropped quite a lot.

So we sell Lukaku on a permanent deal and get Osimhen in return, who we can send back after 12 months if he doesn’t deliver? In isolation, that’s as close to a perfect deal for Chelsea.

If Osimhen goes to Chelsea, there's a 50-50 chance he flops based on how they are with strikers. There's also a 50-50 chance he ends up here based on the fact that we haven't signed a Chelsea player in about a year already.

So basically, Osimhen to Chelsea would be a great deal for us. Well done everyone!

You've forgotten that the Chelsea that created those many chances last season was managed by someone else.