Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Rashford is streaky, he could go back into his shell like last season and we would be fecked. Remember this isn't his first breakout season, he had it before but didnt build on it but now he is matured having overcome last season's adversity and playing well in a better and happier team so maybe this time he will stay in peak form.

I know we need to sort out the midfield but I'd sooner have the top striker in now and make Sabitzer permanent for 20m odd. We have Eriksen to come back but I feel that Sabitzer in top form could provide us that balance alongside Casemiro and make us more physically imposing in midfield. Eriksen can start those matches against parked buses and Sabitzer comes in for the more combative ones. Then at times Bruno goes to the right and Eriksen plays in the hole. Perfect balance.

If I had a choice I'd choose Kane over Osimhen, the long term benefits of the latter notwithstanding. Why? Because Kane, as you said can feed Rashford whilst scoring a ton himself. Osimhen, Rashford and Bruno would be too many inconsistent passers in the front four for ETH's liking hence why I see him going for a younger striker to build up banking on the Rashford goals in the interim. A Martial type of striker would he ideal because he'd bring the best, in scoring terms, out of both Bruno and Rashford.
Agreed on this part. I think our major weakness is that we give away the ball too easily sometimes. But it's not just the front four responsible for this. I think a Bruno- Eriksen - Casemiro has too many risk takers for us to really control a game, so we need a midfielder that can also keep the ball. We should be able to get both CM and Striker though and if its a choice between either then a striker is priority. I'd like to see how Joao Felix develops at Chelsea. If his finishing improves then I think he's exactly what we need even though some will disagree that he can't play as a striker

Rashford is streaky, he could go back into his shell like last season and we would be fecked. Remember this isn't his first breakout season, he had it before but didnt build on it but now he is matured having overcome last season's adversity and playing well in a better and happier team so maybe this time he will stay in peak form.

I know we need to sort out the midfield but I'd sooner have the top striker in now and make Sabitzer permanent for 20m odd. We have Eriksen to come back but I feel that Sabitzer in top form could provide us that balance alongside Casemiro and make us more physically imposing in midfield. Eriksen can start those matches against parked buses and Sabitzer comes in for the more combative ones. Then at times Bruno goes to the right and Eriksen plays in the hole. Perfect balance.

If I had a choice I'd choose Kane over Osimhen, the long term benefits of the latter notwithstanding. Why? Because Kane, as you said can feed Rashford whilst scoring a ton himself. Osimhen, Rashford and Bruno would be too many inconsistent passers in the front four for ETH's liking hence why I see him going for a younger striker to build up banking on the Rashford goals in the interim. A Martial type of striker would he ideal because he'd bring the best, in scoring terms, out of both Bruno and Rashford.
Every time the team plays great so does rashford. When the team or manager is crap then rashford also turns to crap. He isnt streaky, he just cant do it alone.

If Rashford is injured or loss his form, we have to rely on injured Martial or Weghorst to score the goals for us.

Imagine that.
Well in fairness, I think most teams will struggle a little without their main goalscoring threat. But yes, totally agree. If Rashford got injured for a spell, our season would be over.

For the record, I still want us to sign a CF. Before, I was all for Osimhen because we had nobody banging in the goals. But now we do, so I just see things a little differently. If Weghorst was taking his chances, he would be sharing the scoring burden with Rashford right now.

I guess I find it hard to believe we can't significantly upgrade on Weghorst without splashing hugely on Osimhen. But I can barely name a single player as an alternative.

A Martial type of striker would he ideal because he'd bring the best, in scoring terms, out of both Bruno and Rashford.

Who would that be though?

Martial's ability to link up play in tight areas is very rare.

Horrible comparison.

Do you think the Portugese league is on par with Serie A?

Obviously it's behind in quality, but its UEFA league coefficient is much nearer to Serie A than Serie A is to the Premier League.

Nunez was also banging them in and looking decent in his Champion's League games, which reinforced his reputation.

Well in fairness, I think most teams will struggle a little without their main goalscoring threat. But yes, totally agree. If Rashford got injured for a spell, our season would be over.

For the record, I still want us to sign a CF. Before, I was all for Osimhen because we had nobody banging in the goals. But now we do, so I just see things a little differently. If Weghorst was taking his chances, he would be sharing the scoring burden with Rashford right now.

I guess I find it hard to believe we can't significantly upgrade on Weghorst without splashing hugely on Osimhen. But I can barely name a single player as an alternative.
I’d say just splash big money on Osimhen. He looks like the type of player we need up front, and he is on fire this season. We are going to change owners soon anyway so I guess money wouldn’t be an issue.

Kvaradona from Napoli itself

Well, that's pretty much why I said we might need both Weghorst and Osimhen because Weghorst offers something that not many strikers out there offer. His defensive aspect, fitness, and stamina are just incredible that we might still need Weghorst type of striker for Plan B and Plan C.
When you say "need", it's always worth asking the question how many top teams needed a Weghorst type "defensive striker" over the years. Who was Real Madrid's Weghorst when they won three CLs in a row; who was Manchester City's Weghorst when they won four out of the last five Premier League titles?

A top team that aims to compete for the biggest trophies doesn't need to have a Weghorst type "striker" who isn't really a striker.

When you say "need", it's always worth asking the question how many top teams needed a Weghorst type "defensive striker" over the years. Who was Real Madrid's Weghorst when they won three CLs in a row; who was Manchester City's Weghorst when they won four out of the last five Premier League titles?

A top team that aims to compete for the biggest trophies doesn't need to have a Weghorst type "striker" who isn't really a striker.
In the modern days is about system. If the player fits the manager's system or player's aspects are required in the manager's system then it's not about being good enough or no but it's about whether the manager wants striker with Weghorst's profile to his alternative plan like Plan B or Plan C. Hence why I raised this argument whether ten Hag needs Weghorst type of striker as his Plan B or Plan C, while using Osimhen and Rashford as his Plan A. In fact, it doesn't need to be Weghorst but may be the similar profile like the following stats, someone who can do incredible defensive work non-stop. Basically having Osimhen and Rashford in the main XI but has different profile of striker like Weghorst for Plan B or Plan C.

Weghorst.png
Griezmann.png

In the modern days is about system. If the player fits the manager's system or player's aspects are required in the manager's system then it's not about being good enough or no but it's about whether the manager wants striker with Weghorst's profile to his alternative plan like Plan B or Plan C. Hence why I raised this argument whether ten Hag needs Weghorst type of striker as his Plan B or Plan C, while using Osimhen and Rashford as his Plan A. In fact, it doesn't need to be Weghorst but may be the similar profile like the following stats, someone who can do incredible defensive work non-stop. Basically having Osimhen and Rashford in the main XI but has different profile of striker like Weghorst for Plan B or Plan C.

Weghorst.png
Griezmann.png
Like I said in another thread, Weghorst is a DS, or a false 6.

Actually I don’t see him as good ball carrier at Man Utd in PL either, at least not quite up to what I expect of him when we signed him, as back then he was regarded as one of best ball progression/carries in European league, so I do have certain level of expectation.

For example, from what I’ve seen so far at United, he seems can’t progress the ball well when opponents are actually defending in front of him in the final third. But saying that he might have carried the ball forward a bit when he has all the space to do so, hence the stats.

What you expect of him and what he has actually done are two different things.

Who would that be though?

Martial's ability to link up play in tight areas is very rare.

Weird how opinions can vary because Martial is very good at that IMO. We just don't get to see it enough because he's either out of form or injured. He's great with Rashford and Shaw and was great with Pogba too.

Weird how opinions can vary because Martial is very good at that IMO

Is English not your first language?!

By "very rare" I mean that there are hardly any players out there as good at it as him. It's a rare talent!

Hence why I also asked if anyone could think of any other strikers with such ability - because they're not common and I'm struggling to think of some.

Players being not that good at linking up play in tight areas is obviously more common / less rare.

And now I've had to waste one of my limited posts per day having to clarify what should be this self-explanatory point to you.

By "very rare" I mean that there are hardly any players out there as good at it as him. It's a rare talent!

Players being not that good at linking up play in tight areas is obviously more common / less rare.

And now I've had to waste one of my limited posts per day having to clarify what should be this self-explanatory point to you.

Ohhhh no, apologies, I just misread it as saying he does it rarely. Comprehension fail on my part. Glad we're in agreement on that facet of Martial's game.

That is quite some reaction :confused: He probably misread what you wrote

Hence why I also asked if anyone could think of any other strikers with such ability - because they're not common and I'm struggling to think of some.

Probably a BREXIT Radcliffe fan here!

:lol:

Kvaradona from Napoli itself

I'd be happy, more than happy, to bring him in instead of Osimhen and let Rashy play up top permanately

have Kvaradona, Antony, Sancho and Kudus as our wing options with Rashford up top....Martial to back up Rashford. That would be the best attacking group in world football on one team.

He’s just incredible off the ball. Unbelievable pace and running power.
He and Rashford together would scare every defence in the world.

We have to get it done.

His and that Georgian fella's price tags will be through the roof after all is said and done.

He's used his pace and strength well today.

Muani also looks a real handful, giving Kim a lot of problems.

Too obvious for us to get him. Only will happen with a change of owners.

It’s a fact to me that Antony isn’t a good ball carrier. Everyone gets to watch the same football match, surely I don’t require another person to tell me that Antony is good at something I think he isn’t good at.
I think you just don't understand what carrying is. It has a specific definition that involves progressing the ball towards goal while running and Antony is objectively good at it whether he eventually loses it (which he seldom does) or whether he turns back as you say. There's value in it because it disrupts the opposition and moves you up the pitch into more valuable areas. You're talking about dribbling/take ons which involves beating your marker which Antony is just about average at since he moved to the EPL.

Bruno to Osimhen would be very similar to KDB Haaland in terms of output if it happened

He’s going to be ours

He's going to be Chelsea's. We can't compete with their spending power, and Napoli will demand some completely insane fee anyway. They don't need to sell him, so it's going to be an Antony & Ajax situation. We need a CM as well. Unfortunate, because he looks world class, if he can stay out of injuries.

If you're a team with a feckload of money and a need for a striker, he should be your first choice this summer. If you can't get him you move on, but you should be trying to get him.

What a clown. You react like that and come at me for my "football opinions" when you're spouting shite like this. Thank god you're on limited posts. "Rare talent" :lol: