Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Thuram would be a strong free transfer, but biggest concern about Toney is his behavior and interests away from football (i.e., gambling history, approach to football - is it your life in this moment or part of your lifestyle like a diva). His skill set would be great at United, but also at what cost?

Yeap. 100%. Enough drama for a couple of seasons. We just don't hear any from top clubs. They just focus.

These prices mentioned are a joke and we would be much better served going for Toney as he has proven he is an excellent striker in the Premier League and not some kick for giggles farmers league.

Vlahovic is currently far away from the level we should aspire to be and it's not even close between him and Osimhen. Surprised every time I see his name mentioned, and I don't think anyone that watches Juventus matches wants him to be our main striker.

Osimhen might be the better striker. I was making the point I don't think he'd link up that great with Rashford as was the other poster.

There's more to building a top team than just adding top players. They need to be compatible too. Look at how well Rashford links up with Martial for example.

Osimhen might be the better striker. I was making the point I don't think he'd link up that great with Rashford as was the other poster.

There's more to building a top team than just adding top players. They need to be compatible too. Look at how well Rashford links up with Martial for example.

Thurman/Rashford if we rid Martial? We will need a pure striker like Osimhen just to give us options.

He's going to be Chelsea's. We can't compete with their spending power, and Napoli will demand some completely insane fee anyway. They don't need to sell him, so it's going to be an Antony & Ajax situation. We need a CM as well. Unfortunate, because he looks world class, if he can stay out of injuries.

Bullshit, he’s going to be ours

I think you just don't understand what carrying is. It has a specific definition that involves progressing the ball towards goal while running and Antony is objectively good at it whether he eventually loses it (which he seldom does) or whether he turns back as you say. There's value in it because it disrupts the opposition and moves you up the pitch into more valuable areas. You're talking about dribbling/take ons which involves beating your marker which Antony is just about average at since he moved to the EPL.

Ah, cheers.

These prices mentioned are a joke and we would be much better served going for Toney as he has proven he is an excellent striker in the Premier League and not some kick for giggles farmers league.
Luckily we have the Champions League where the mighty PL clubs like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool can batter these kick for giggles farmers league clown clubs...

Napoli has the CL’e best attack so far this season… Of course the CL is a giggles farmers’ tourney as well.

Hey dude can we get goals + assist stats so we can see the overall ability of the strikers you have mentioned?

Sure, combined non penalty goals + assists and expected non-penalty goals + assists for the four players I mentioned.

Osimhen 20/21 - 0.74 GA, 0.75 xGA
Osimhen 21/22 - 0.73 GA, 0.56 xGA
Osimhen 22/23 - 1.20 GA, 0.82 xGA

Haaland 19/20 - 1.27 GA, 0.85 xGA
Haaland 20/21 - 1.16 GA, 0.89 xGA
Haaland 21/22 - 1.13 GA, 0.88 xGA
Haaland 22/23 - 1.26 GA, 0.91 xGA

Kane 19/20 - 0.63 GA, 0.49 xGA
Kane 20/21 - 0.96 GA, 0.70 xGA
Kane 21/22 - 0.61 GA, 0.68 xGA
Kane 22/23 - 0.71 GA, 0.63 xGA

Lukaku 17/18 - 0.72 GA, 54 xGA
Lukaku 18/19 - 0.51 GA, 54 xGA
Lukaku 19/20 - 0.57 GA, 57 xGA
Lukaku 20/21 - 0.90 GA, 79 xGA

Ranking the average across those seasons it works out as:

Haaland - 1.20 actual, 0.88 expected
Osimhen - 0.89 actual, 0.71 expected
Kane - 0.73 actual, 0.62 expected
Lukaku - 0.66 actual, 0.61 expected

Worth bearing in mind though that all of Kane's seasons were in the PL, whereas all the others had some seasons in weaker leagues (though actually Haaland and Lukaku's stats stayed relatively consistent across leagues). Also it's really this season that gives Osimhen the edge on Kane and it's the best of his career so far, so we don't know if or how often he'll hit that level in the future.

Basically I'd take it as largely backing up what the eye test would probably tell you anyway. Haaland is a freak, Osimhen and Kane are elite strikers, Lukaku is a step down on both.

They could very well win the CL this year

I'm still on the fence with Osimhen, especially for the likely fee - he's absolutely rapid but seems reliant on service. I've not yet seen him offer too much else beyond finishing. His pace may not be as useful against PL defences parking the bus.

Today he also seemed to forget a couple of times what the offside rule was in his eagerness to try and score, but I guess that can at least in theory be coached in to him.

I said specifically that Martial's link-up play in tight areas is a rare talent - and it is.

If it's not then name some strikers who are better at it than him?!

Benzema? Lewandowski? Griezmann? Felix? Kane? Firmino? Hell, even players like Aspas are good at link up and play in tight spaces. I could go on.

Benzema? Lewandowski? Griezmann? Felix? Kane? Firmino? Hell, even players like Aspas are good at link up and play in tight spaces. I could go on.

Martial is easily at least on a par with Firmino at it.

Lewandowski? Debatable. Where he stands out more is his finishing.

Kane is good at it but better at longer passes; in the penalty box his lack of agility sometimes means he can get crowded out a bit easily.

Griezmann could be one, though it's debatable if he counts as a CF. Joao Felix would be one, but he's even less of a CF.

You're also basically just listing the few best forwards in the world, and none of them aside from maybe Kane or Joao Felix could be signed by Utd, and would cost huge money.

If there are no feasible replacements out there even on a par who'd cost less than about 80mil I'd say that's pretty rare.

I beginning to have my doubts about having Oshimen and Rashford in the same team. Not that there's anything wrong with Oshimen, it's just that I'd not want to have two very direct, linear and explosive players in my team.

I'd rather we have a very technical, intelligent, pacy, clinical finisher at the moment.

I’ve only seen the highlights but he completely missed the ball for the two goals (regular and disallowed) and had a very heavy touch when put through. Shades of Lukaku.

I beginning to have my doubts about having Oshimen and Rashford in the same team. Not that there's anything wrong with Oshimen, it's just that I'd not want to have two very direct, linear and explosive players in my team.

I'd rather we have a very technical, intelligent, pacy, clinical finisher at the moment.

Other than very technical, the attributes you listed are some of Osimhen's strengths. And if not him, then who?

I’ve only seen the highlights but he completely missed the ball for the two goals (regular and disallowed) and had a very heavy touch when put through. Shades of Lukaku.
Same here but it's just one match I guess. I was really disappointed with that heavy touch Rashford would definitely make at least a scoring chance out of that. Not only the heavy touch but more importantly he didn't seem to be aware of the defender going at him.

Anyway he scored so that's ok I think.

If we trigger Kim Min Jaes release clause in July - Napoli will absolutely rinse us with the Osimhen fee.

Luckily we have the Champions League where the mighty PL clubs like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool can batter these kick for giggles farmers league clown clubs...

Until you have tested yourself against Craig Dawson, you can’t call yourself a top striker.

Nonsense. He's a great penalty taker and has had a lot of pens. Take away the pens and he's a 55th percentile xG guy. Which is very much not good.

Same here but it's just one match I guess. I was really disappointed with that heavy touch Rashford would definitely make at least a scoring chance out of that. Not only the heavy touch but more importantly he didn't seem to be aware of the defender going at him.

Anyway he scored so that's ok I think.

The way he won that penalty yesterday and the going after every ball eclipses any shades of Lukaku... He won similar penalties against Van Dijk and Ter Stegen with smart touches as well... He offers so much more than Lukaku...

The way he won that penalty yesterday and the going after every ball eclipses any shades of Lukaku... He won similar penalties against Van Dijk and Ter Stegen with smart touches as well... He offers so much more than Lukaku...
Agree he worked hard and is much better but that touch did remind me a bit of that donkey.

If we trigger Kim Min Jaes release clause in July - Napoli will absolutely rinse us with the Osimhen fee.
So buy Osimhen first, then activate the clause. Nice.

He's basically a faster Weghorst that can score like Rashford. What's not to like?!

So buy Osimhen first, then activate the clause. Nice.
If we announce Osimhen at the start of the window I would be ecstatic. I also know this is Manchester United :lol:

If we’ve even managed to complete the takeover by July I would be impressed, let alone picking up two top players.

He's going to be Chelsea's. We can't compete with their spending power, and Napoli will demand some completely insane fee anyway. They don't need to sell him, so it's going to be an Antony & Ajax situation. We need a CM as well. Unfortunate, because he looks world class, if he can stay out of injuries.
What about FFP? Chelsea does not generate more income than us, probably a lot less.

The long contract loophole is closed, Chelsea can‘t buy Osimhen.

Enzo is on a 8.5 year contract. That is the reason they could get away with it.

We should buy David from Lille instead as he would be half the price and he has a similar club and international record toOsimhen before he went to Napoli.
Hopefully common sense will prevail and we will not pay a kings ransom for this bloke.

You want a 20 year old with 3 Bundesliga goals who is not a regular for Bayer Leverkusen to lead the line for United instead of Osimhen? Or am I mistaken here?
You want a 20 year old with 3 Bundesliga goals who is not a regular for Bayer Leverkusen to lead the line for United instead of Osimhen? Or am I mistaken here?

You're not mistaken. You also haven't watched him. We'll be queuing up for his signature very soon. Why not sign him for peanuts now before you break the bank for him. He's been playing well.

Like I said, Oshimen is an excellent player. He will be a warrior for any team he plays in. If Eth wants to play a possession based style of football and not a counter attacking style, he might need another type of striker who is more of a team player, with good link up play. Oshimen loses the ball frequently and doesn't pass.

Having Rashford and Oshimen in the same side will be an excellent counter attacking side.

If martial was playing at his best and free from injuries I'd choose him over Oshimen.

Well if I see on the news that utd has signed Oshimen tomorrow, I'd be dancing because he'll improve the team.

Last edited:

For me more shades of Nunez, his pace and aggressive style remind me a lot of him, as well as the fact that he definitely has some technical deficiency in his game. Still a pretty good striker though.

That's exactly what I noticed too. A further study of his goals is needed.......could be the exception rather than the rule.

Why aren't Real in for this bloke if he is any good or Chelsea come to that?
If we are the only ones interested then we should not pay more than 50-60mil as he is performing in basically a geriatric league.
They paid £70 million for him :lol:

We should buy David from Lille instead as he would be half the price and he has a similar club and international record toOsimhen before he went to Napoli.
Hopefully common sense will prevail and we will not pay a kings ransom for this bloke.

David is just one year younger than Osimhen. So him having a similar output now that Osimhen did when he was around 20 isn't an overly promising basis for a comparison.

I get not wanting to pay massive money. But the two alternatives you've named in David and Toney are such obvious downgrades on Osimhen that it's hard to be particularly keen.

David is just one year younger than Osimhen. So him having a similar output now that Osimhen did when he was around 20 isn't an overly promising basis for a comparison.

I get not wanting to pay massive money. But the two alternatives you've named in David and Toney are such obvious downgrades on Osimhen that it's hard to be particularly keen.
If he is worth 100mil now then what would he be worth if he scored 30 goals in the Premier League?

This is my fear too. Liverpool at their peak relied on their wingers for much of their goal threat. When you put in a striker who wants to be doing a lot of the same things as your wingers you nullify their effectiveness. We can already see to some extent that issue with Wout and how he is more effective playing deeper a lot of the time. I know Wout is not an elite striker but I fear that unless we got someone like Kane who is also a very very good playmaker and used to working with an elite winger who scores goals it could be detrimental for Rashford.

Do you know the difference between Euros and pounds?? :lol: :lol:
€70 million = £61 million , my point still stands you really think they’ll take a loss on a player who’s scored 18 goals already this season :lol:
He’s going to cost €100 million if not more

If he is worth 100mil now then what would he be worth if he scored 30 goals in the Premier League?

Well Kane has had one 30 league goal season in his career and Spurs were looking for £120m for him nearly two seasons ago when he was 28. Given the price inflation since via players like Nunez, Antony, Mudryk, etc, a 24 year old Kane would probably have around a £150m price tag on him in the current market.

So to answer your question, somewhere between £100-150m most likely, as nationality plays a part in Kane's price within England. Though if anything I may be underestimating.

Last edited:
€70 million = £61 million , my point still stands you really think they’ll take a loss on a player who’s scored 18 goals already this season :lol:
He’s going to cost €100 million if not more
I have no problem Napoli asking whatever they want for him but I would not pay that money for a striker from Serie A.
If he was successful in England he would be worth it but that remains to be seen.