5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think your colleagues have something to say about you. I don't think you are what they call a dream team where you worked :)
This sounds if you put 'your mother must be so proud' through Google translate a few times.

Side note: not sure why you're saying that to me when I've posted nothing negative about Lindelof.

:lol:

Absolute joke of a player. In terms of longevity and number of appearances, he's the most pathetic and cowardly player we've had in the past 10 years. That's on the club for allowing him to stay here and be involved that long but it's doesn't take away from his own individual performances.

Other players were shit and/or had no ability but at least they tried to affect the game and put their neck on the line. This guy coasts on 5 good games a year, lets his team mates do all the hard work and then doesn't commit to anything. It's no wonder he's available and 'fit' all the time when he breaks a sweat about 3-4 times a game and then just sits on his heels for the rest of it. There's almost literally zero danger to fatigue, impact injury, muscle sprains, hamstrings being done with the way this guy plays the game. There's also very little progressive passing, incisive interceptions, defending and urgency from him too.

Losing Martinez for probably months is a tragedy.

'Experienced leader'.

'Ball playing defender'.

'Technical and comfortable on the ball, better than Varane'.

No point getting Amrabat to help monopolise possession deep, and sacrificing the left flank in the process, when you have nobody there who really can use the ball from deep. Lindelöf’s has produced nice passes from deep before, but it’s been lacking recently.

The easy ride he's gotten from the fanbase compared to someone like Maguire is a joke really. He's a coward and always has been. A 6'2" central defender with the strength and will to win of a 10 year-old girl, who gets bullied by any half-decent striker that puts themself about a bit. He looks classy when the team is purring and he has little to do, but he's one of the worst offenders for completely vanishing into thin air as soon as the going gets tough. He has never been anywhere near good enough and no serious club would have had him on the books for seven seasons now. He's a shining symbol of how far standards have fallen.

He’s just so meh.

There’s absolutely nothing about him. If it all kicked off on the pitch he’d just stand and watch.

The easy ride he's gotten from the fanbase compared to someone like Maguire is a joke really. He's a coward and always has been. A 6'2" central defender with the strength and will to win of a 10 year-old girl, who gets bullied by any half-decent striker that puts themself about a bit. He looks classy when the team is purring and he has little to do, but he's one of the worst offenders for completely vanishing into thin air as soon as the going gets tough. He has never been anywhere near good enough and no serious club would have had him on the books for seven seasons now. He's a shining symbol of how far standards have fallen.

Yep.

I think because he is so generally anonymous and non-impactful he falls off the radar for many fans. He also looks like a player if you are not paying attention, moves well, smooth enough on the ball, doesn't make a lot of obvious errors. Always hilarious to me that the guys who play with him and have to do the majority of the actual defending, Smalling/Jones/Maguire end up taking the brunt of the criticism while he skates by giving nothing of value.

This weeks sums him up, Palace in midweek when they didn't try, looked good, some start hyping him up, when it gets serious Caspar mode.

:lol:

Absolute joke of a player. In terms of longevity and number of appearances, he's the most pathetic and cowardly player we've had in the past 10 years. That's on the club for allowing him to stay here and be involved that long but it's doesn't take away from his own individual performances.

Other players were shit and/or had no ability but at least they tried to affect the game and put their neck on the line. This guy coasts on 5 good games a year, lets his team mates do all the hard work and then doesn't commit to anything. It's no wonder he's available and 'fit' all the time when he breaks a sweat about 3-4 times a game and then just sits on his heels for the rest of it. There's almost literally zero danger to fatigue, impact injury, muscle sprains, hamstrings being done with the way this guy plays the game. There's also very little progressive passing, incisive interceptions, defending and urgency from him too.

'Experienced leader'.

'Ball playing defender'.

'Technical and comfortable on the ball, better than Varane'.
He plays 1/2 great long passes a season and gets called a ball playing defender. 90% of his passes are sideways or backwards and within 10 yards. He is definitely scared of making mistakes and takes the easy option practically every time. He makes very few obvious errors, because of how risk averse he is.

I have never liked the way he defends. He usually expects everybody else to the dirty work. He's a body that tries to hold up the play and might block a pass every now and again. It surprises me when he goes in for a tackle, because it's so rare.

It wouldn't be so bad if Varane didn't get injured every few weeks. It keeps him in the team way more than he has any right to be. Martinez and Shaw being out gives him a guaranteed starting spot. I think he's been kept, because almost all of our other CB's that have been at the club during his stint have been injury prone or had some other major shortcoming. They end up getting shipped out and he gets to stay. It's now his 7th season and I'm sure he'll still be in the squad next season as well. For a player as average as Lindelof, it's crazy to think how long he's been at the club for.

He's such a nothing player.

He's a liability on set pieces, always has been.

Does he even go up for our attacking corners and free kicks? I can't remember ever noticing him.

He's such a nothing player.

He's a liability on set pieces, always has been.

Does he even go up for our attacking corners and free kicks? I can't remember ever noticing him.

There was that one time where he flying knee'd a bloke in the head

No point getting Amrabat to help monopolise possession deep, and sacrificing the left flank in the process, when you have nobody there who really can use the ball from deep. Lindelöf’s has produced nice passes from deep before, but it’s been lacking recently.
Recently is an understatement. He rarely does it anymore

There was that one time where he flying knee'd a bloke in the head
Ah yeah, that was his peak contribution.

Pretty much every game he plays I'm thinking I'd rather have the opposition CBs than Lindelof. Anderson and Guehi are levels above him for example.

Ah yeah, that was his peak contribution.

Pretty much every game he plays I'm thinking I'd rather have the opposition CBs than Lindelof. Anderson and Guehi are levels above him for example.

Unfortunately that tends to go for our central midfield other than Casemiro too.

I think because he is so generally anonymous and non-impactful he falls off the radar for many fans. He also looks like a player if you are not paying attention, moves well, smooth enough on the ball, doesn't make a lot of obvious errors. Always hilarious to me that the guys who play with him and have to do the majority of the actual defending, Smalling/Jones/Maguire end up taking the brunt of the criticism while he skates by giving nothing of value.

Spot on.

He plays 1/2 great long passes a season and gets called a ball playing defender. 90% of his passes are sideways or backwards and within 10 yards. He is definitely scared of making mistakes and takes the easy option practically every time. He makes very few obvious errors, because of how risk averse he is.

I have never liked the way he defends. He usually expects everybody else to the dirty work. He's a body that tries to hold up the play and might block a pass every now and again. It surprises me when he goes in for a tackle, because it's so rare.

It wouldn't be so bad if Varane didn't get injured every few weeks. It keeps him in the team way more than he has any right to be. Martinez and Shaw being out gives him a guaranteed starting spot. I think he's been kept, because almost all of our other CB's that have been at the club during his stint have been injury prone or had some other major shortcoming. They end up getting shipped out and he gets to stay. It's now his 7th season and I'm sure he'll still be in the squad next season as well. For a player as average as Lindelof, it's crazy to think how long he's been at the club for.

Again spot on.

AWB massively protected him during the Ole years and Maguire/McFred all did a lot of the heavy lifting so that he could play in a way to 'not make mistakes' and look smooth on the ball without actually attempting anything.

He had a 'good' 10 game stretch at the end of last season, which in typical Lindelof fashion culminated with that pathetic display in the FA Cup final against City and people were already saying stuff like 'he was held back by Maguire, Ole, Mourinho' to absolve him of the previous 5 years and that 'he's a better ball player than Varane' etc. It's fecking mental so many casual fans still peddle this myth of him being a 'good and solid defender'. It's been 6 years of hundreds of games, and thousands of minutes that we've seen over and over again with plenty of tangible and intangible stats; a leopard doesn't change its spots

Nothing player. The CB version of DVB. Does so little it's hard to dig him out.

Much rather have Maguire, at least you know he will be good in the air and win everything . Lindelof offers absolutely nothing.

Man Utd 2:3 Galatasaray
Onana deserves all the shit he'll get today but somehow this clown was even worse.

It’s no coincidence that our defence has gone to crap, since his return.

The most passive defender I have ever seen.

Should be retrained as a full back.

Has always been too weak and passive for CB.

He was actually really good for the first hour, then reverted to Lindelof.

He’s always been like this, he just flatters to deceive on occasion and isn’t quite as bad as Maguire.

Why he continues to start for us I do not know. He's wank.
Who do we honestly play ahead of him at thr minute though?

We all knew we needed to sign another CB even before the injuries, massive mistake not doing it now.

Did that thing we were always baffled with Maguire for doing for their second. Completely abandoned his position and left a wide open gap and an impossible situation for Dalot and Varane to cover.

Honestly I’d be starting Maguire at this stage. At least Maguire won’t get barged about like this pussy does. That Andersen goal on the weekend he was pushed off so easily and again today for the second goal. How can you be a centre back and be such a fecking pussy.

As responsible as Onana for the loss tonight, was in no man's land for their 2nd, and allowes the ball to run through for their 3rd, thinking that nobody was there.

Awful awful second half display.

Who do we honestly play ahead of him at thr minute though?

We all knew we needed to sign another CB even before the injuries, massive mistake not doing it now.

Literally anyone with a pulse. Just not this fraud.

I do not believe that Jonny Evans would not be better. He literally did all the defending the one time they played together

Literally anyone with a pulse. Just not this fraud.

I do not believe that Jonny Evans would not be better. He literally did all the defending the one time they played together
forgot about Evans in fairness. Yea he'll probably start at the weekend.

Honestly I’d be starting Maguire at this stage. At least Maguire won’t get barged about like this pussy does. That Andersen goal on the weekend he was pushed off so easily and again today for the second goal. How can you be a centre back and be such a fecking pussy.

I would too and definitely if you're deciding who plays on the left out of him and this guy.

Another cowardly performance. Getting sick of him now. Should only feature in the odd cup game going forward.

Clown, shocking on Saturday and it's all on Ten Hag that he started again today.

Same old passive defending Victor Lindelof.
Sick of the sight of this fraud

When will people agree with me that he’s a disaster zone that needs booted out of the club. He is NOT good enough for first team or as a squad player

His game reading for the final goal was awful. Yes he's right to follow the man out in case he receives the ball, but he should be aware that Amrabat has just played the ball and will be playing the opponent behind him onside. He looks around him hoping he's offside, he isnt. Then at least Varane and Amrabat look like they're running with at least 80% effort to try and get back and stop the chance. Lindelof is casually jogging back at 50% hoping someone else deals with it. It looks awful

I don't know why anyone rates him. No way he should start again at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.