VAR and Refs | General Discussion

Only one angle, slowed down to make it look worse, had to check for handball, took a ridiculous amount of time to review; it clearly was not clear and obvious and if anything Ings goes into De Ligt.

Took him 5 mins to decide, clear and obvious. It’s a fecking scam, honestly feck off

Watched it 15 times in a row from the exact same angle and then looked like he just had to give the penalty because he'd been told to check. Commentary said there's a var check within 3 seconds as well. Almost like they couldn't wait to give something.

When your manager and club in general are quiet about bad calls, you will be fecked again and again. Klopp, Fergie, Jose and Pep knew that and that is why they moaned and moaned about refs every week.

We deserve this.
that's probably one of the worst uses of VAR I've seen but yeah ^this as well!

I'm tired lads. Feels like ages since we had decisions going in our favor or at least not against us. Yes the team isn't going enough as well but so many ref involved gut punches is enough to tear down a man's confidence.

If Oliver had given the oen right away, I get why VAR wouldnt overturn it. But to call him over for this as VAR is ridiculous.

If you watch it in slow motion 125 times, sure there's contact, but meeeeeh. Lame.

They'll watch that 40 times but they wouldn't check Bruno's red card once. The club needs to come out with an official statement saying PGMOL aren't fit for purpose.

There won't be much uproar about this because of tribalism and the general dislike of United. Diabolical decision.

That's a shocker, you can't be giving a penalty for that ffs...

It needs binning. It's killing the game. I've felt that way consistently since its introduction. Terrible.

These brothers are so insanely inconsistency that there's just no point in this. Overturn a softie in one game to give the penalty and in another game at the same time cancel a soft penalty.

That’s me doesn’t with football. If it’s not us being shite, it’s this extra layer of corruption and ineptitude we have to deal with.

Are we honestly saying that’s a penalty when you look at the city incident at the end of their trip to anfield last season? It’s blatant what’s going on.

That is never ever a foul, never mind a VAR intervention, never mind a grown human adult watching it at a monitor and thinking it is a penalty.

It's just a coming together, and I'm pretty certain De Ligt got the ball first anyway

That’s me doesn’t with football. If it’s not us being shite, it’s this extra layer of corruption and ineptitude we have to deal with.

Are we honestly saying that’s a penalty when you look at the city incident at the end of their trip to anfield last season? It’s blatant what’s going on.
Fully agree. feck the Premier League, feck City, feck Michael Oliver. It's corrupt.

Just bin it off. I can accept that being given in real time, but to give it via VAR is unacceptable.

He had 3 years to make a stand. He was always diplomatic over decisions. Same as Solskjaer. No rants, no nothing.
That’s been the theme at united since Jose left. It’s a major issue not moaning which gives the refs going forward pause before making decisions against united.

Again we're back to the idea of not taking forever trawling video trying to give a pen for innocuous tangles in a game.

If games were refereed like this we'd see a huge amount of penalties, it's the reason they clamped down on the nonsense of looking desperately for pens on video, except when it's Manchester United and Oliver, it's for a brief time back to gerrymander the game.

It's getting hard to watch this corruption and refs giving us yellow cards like confetti while oppo players clatter us multiple times.

When your manager and club in general are quiet about bad calls, you will be fecked again and again. Klopp, Fergie, Jose and Pep knew that and that is why they moaned and moaned about refs every week.

We deserve this.
Wolves and Forrest say hello.

That’s not inconsistency, that’s blatant corruption. Wish we could sue Michael Oliver as that cnut has gotten away with murder so many times against us.

I bet there will be zero outrage from the media here, blatantly wrong call. Never clear and obvious. Only thing thats clear and obvious is Oliver's hate for United.