VAR and Refs | General Discussion

I actually think it probably was a foul and if the referee gave the decision on the pitch I could somewhat accept it. Going to VAR over something so soft is scandalous though and defeats the purpose of clear and obvious. Even if you think that is probably a foul, there is no way that any should be considering that as a clear and obvious foul. VAR interfering for decisions like that is a killer.

You could see on field referee didnt want to give the penalty from his body language. Oliver forced him into this.

Tell that to Wolves
I (still) compare United to Pool, Arsenal and City. Klopp went balistic every time refs gave some dodgy decision against Pool. Result was that next 10 dodgy decisions were FOR Liverpool.
City were robbed once. Pep attacked ref in tunnel. Well, after that no ref robbed City.

We have just taken it up our backside with refs ever since Jose left. We really need to turn the screw in on the PL and Oliver on this one. They should fecking have to think 10 times before trying to give another call against us going forward.

I (still) compare United to Pool, Arsenal and City. Klopp went balistic every time refs gave some dodgy decision against Pool. Result was that next 10 dodgy decosions were FOR Liverpool.
City were robbed once. Pep attacked ref in tunnel. Well, after that no ref robbed City.
Helps for City that half of these refs are employed in some professional capacity by the UAE FA.

Nobody likes to call them out though.

So yet another season where referees are allowed to wantonly sabotage this team, and they're just allowed to do so with impunity because everyone wants United to fail so they just love that it happens. How many seasons in a row is it now?

What’s annoying is that the on field refs are gutless themselves. Why do they just give in and change their minds as soon as they go over to the monitor rather than inform the VAR official that I’m sticking with my original decision because looking at that replay, it’s not enough to make me believe I’ve made a mistake in my initial decision.

Yea no word.
If they believe that a pen, they better give 5 for each team in every match from now on

Setting our performance aside, that was the worst VAR penalty decision I’ve ever seen in my life. I can maybe understand if the on-field referee with the speed of the game doesn’t see it properly and mistakenly calls it. But for that to go to VAR is hilariously ridiculous. You have to wonder about corruption. I see no other team getting that called against them.

If I was a manger, I would never take the United job. Since SAF's retirement, it has been a blatant revenge campaign aimed at ensuring that United can't succeed, and when that inevitably happens, the manager gets the blame.

So yet another season where referees are allowed to wantonly sabotage this team, and they're just allowed to do so with impunity because everyone wants United to fail so they just love that it happens. How many seasons in a row is it now?
Little bit much but the perception will continue if your mgr, who is supposedly fighting for his job doesn’t fight back against these calls and go ballistic once in awhile.

If it wasnt a pen for the foul it should have been a pen for Dalot pulling the West Ham 26 back by his shirt

Weird one, as soon as they recommend the ref to review it you generally know what’s coming next

Sure, if an offence has been commited. They ran into each other. Not a foul. Certainly not a penalty. And nothing even close to a clear and obvious error worth going back to.

One more thing on the clear and obvious error. Last week TAA tackle on Sancho was a lot clearer a foul than De Ligt's one yet the VAR ignored it. I can accept them ignoring things but interfering for soft decisions like today and not interfering for Bruno's red card vs Spurs just make it look silly.

Sure, if an offence has been commited. They ran into each other. Not a foul. Certainly not a penalty. And nothing even close to a clear and obvious error worth going back to.

Doesn’t really matter. As soon as the referee is recommended to review a situation on the monitor, it’s because they have identified something they think is a clear and obvious mistake, and that’s it. Coote was never going to go against Michael Oliver. As soon as they showed him jogging towards the monitor it was obvious it was going to be a penalty.

I genuniely don't like the idea that refs/VAR's should get punished for mistakes - the ref on the field has to make calls in the moment, and usually the VAR has the "high-bar" shit to navigate.

But genuinely if Michael Oliver thinks thats a foul he absolutely should not be refereeing football games.

Ings going down like he'd done his ACL as well. Disgusting.

The club needs to go on the attack now and let the FA now that we won't tolerate this obvious bias against us any longer.

Arteta, Pep and Klopp all successful influenced referees by publicly and strongly admonishing them. We're still the Premier League's biggest commercial asset, let them know we will not take this any more, 18-months of this absolute bulls*it

That decision has pissed me off to the point I feel like I’m done with the PL until they sort this ridiculous use of VAR out. I’m gobsmacked.

There really is no way PGMOL can cover this one, that doesn't meet an overturn criteria at all. Shane that all we will get is an apology