Van de Beek to Girona for 500k

‘Small initial fee, easy add-ons up to €4/5m and then more add-ons up to €10/15m.’

That sounds better.

This makes sense. He’s an asset of very limited value right now but if they manage to salvage something here, we will be getting €5m which is good. If he somehow excels, it could be more than double that. No complaints.

This makes sense. He’s an asset of very limited value right now but if they manage to salvage something here, we will be getting €5m which is good. If he somehow excels, it could be more than double that. No complaints.
New structure coming through.

Surely we could’ve got more than that. It’s not like the crooked bastards can plead poverty, is it?

Where does he rank alongside the likes of Darmian and Schneiderlin as a fairly big-money player who left us with pretty much nothing to remember them by?

Surely we could’ve got more than that. It’s not like the crooked bastards can plead poverty, is it?

I mean, I think if we end up getting £10m for him after a few years then we'll have done well. He's barely played for nearly 3 seasons, just needed to get him off the books

Where does he rank alongside the likes of Darmian and Schneiderlin as a fairly big-money player who left us with pretty much nothing to remember them by?
That's unfair. I remember Schneiderlin putting in some really shite anonymous performances for us like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
I’d say he’s on par with schneiderlin thus far. Darmian at least salvaged his career after leaving.

I don't normally do this but all I'll say is that when we first signed him there was one guy who warned you all that he wasn't a great player, and he merely held up the ball to give the truly great Ajax players enough time to regroup. Everyone on the Caf made fun of him, and for years he's been waiting for the opportunity to come out and brag about being right all along. So let me be the first to apologise to @ClungeMagnet69. We never truly appreciated your genius.

We've done well to only have to pay them that much to take him.

I don't normally do this but all I'll say is that when we first signed him there was one guy who warned you all that he wasn't a great player, and he merely held up the ball to give the truly great Ajax players enough time to regroup. Everyone on the Caf made fun of him, and for years he's been waiting for the opportunity to come out and brag about being right all along. So let me be the first to apologise to @ClungeMagnet69. We never truly appreciated your genius.

Sounds like the sort of guy who is really worth taking seriously with that username,.

Remember when we wanted Grealish for £80m and got Donny for £45m instead.

Tremendous.

An obvious candidate for a list of our worst ever signings. Wouldn't be top but a decent contender. Decent sum of money for a player that showed absolutely no ability or even basic competitive desire.

An obvious candidate for a list of our worst ever signings. Wouldn't be top but a decent contender. Decent sum of money for a player that showed absolutely no ability or even basic competitive desire.

Who was worse? Can't think of many all things considered. Horrendous footballer

Who was worse? Can't think of many all things considered. Horrendous footballer
Not sure given the money involved, maybe someone like Sanchez could give him a run for his money. Obviously a much better footballer but shite performance and wasted a colossal sum through fees and wages.

Had he peak United moment after about 20 minutes in his first game if I remember correctly.

I thought he's just leave when his contract ran out, so happy with anything really.

I was a bit shocked by the 500k in the title but see that the easy add ons will bring it to a few million.
Better than nothing and wages gone.
Hope he does well.

I just don't get how anyone ever rated him. Every time I watched Ajax his faults were blatantly obvious. He couldn't dribble/carry the ball, couldn't pass, was incredibly weak under pressure, lacked the technical ability to play in tight spaces, etc.

The only thing he was good at was off the ball movement. He was very smart with his runs and pressing as a 10. I said all this when everyone was getting excited at the prospect of him joining. Frankie de Jong carried him like a kangaroo carries their children.

Last edited:
Can believe anyone would want him in their squad, been completely useless for us, such a waste of money!

Remember how his signing was painted as a an amazing job by Ole to get one over on Madrid. What a horrible failure those years were.