Van de Beek to Girona for 500k

Going for 500k at 27 years of age...that's embarrassingly bad.

Is that a typo? Should it be 5million instead of 500k? I thought we paid close to 50million for him. If it is really 500k, our recovery is 1% which is probably one of the worst deals we got. Girona has freaking rich owners and we should fleece off more from them.

It was 35 million.

500k :lol:

In today's hyper-inflated market 500k is ludicrous, should be at least 5m especially as Girona have unlimited funds. And now heregoeth United supporting one of City's feeder clubs. They'll sell him off in a two years for 15m to cook Girona's books. Will United insert a sell-on clause?

Last edited:
If that fee is true it probably should have remained undisclosed. It' a bit embarrassing for both United and the player.

One of the worst if not the worst signing in our history. Absolute nothing player!!!!!

500k? He’s bad but he’s not that bad
He is that bad, tbh.

Is that a typo? Should it be 5million instead of 500k? I thought we paid close to 50million for him. If it is really 500k, our recovery is 1% which is probably one of the worst deals we got. Girona has freaking rich owners and we should fleece off more from them.
What do you mean “should be”, no one cares what we paid for a player, it doesn’t work like that.
If you buy a car, and after a few years it berely drives, would anyone care what it cost you in the first place?

Good luck Donny, wish I could be that incompetent at my job and someone would pay me money to point, get the pass, pass it back to the same player, rinse and repeat.

Nice wee town Girona, good move for him.

From BBC:

Manchester United have signed Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek from Ajax for £35m, plus £5m in add-ons, on a five-year contract.

Wow, I wonder how it'll work in relation to his book value then. If he hasn't met the add-ons he has £7m left, he is £6m a year in wages and you'd assume we'll be paying him off. Surely will go down as a loss financially shifting him on.

Berrada must have been on the phone begging his old CFG mates. :lol:

Is the first add-on that he must prove that he is actually a footballer?

How are we only getting 500k for a 27 year old Holland international, I wouldnt mind so much if we were selling him to Frankfurt but we arnt we are selling him to City and they would never us sign a player from them without forving us to massively overpay.

We're the worst club at selling players on the planet. Girona must have been pissing themselves when we accepted that bid.

He's worth 7-9m at least.

Good deal. The add ons will be appearance based and very achievable if he plays for them.

If he doesn’t then we can’t say he’s been worth much more than what is offered.

He’s crap. We got it wrong. No shame in that. He came to United and the club was just too big for him. He looked terrified and I don’t remember him ever showing anything to suggest he had much to offer us. He’ll be on really high wages for a player of his level so just getting his salary off the books with a few add ons is absolutely fine.

Chelsea gets 15-20m for this guy. Ffs we are pathetic
Do you honestly believe that or is it just the shortest route to having a moan about the club? No one is paying anyone £20m for Donny van de Beek.

Remember that a large portion of the fanbase were screaming for him to play despite it being blatantly obvious after a few weeks that he was super limited. Worse that that was his meekness, a decently tidy technician but no heart at all.

The idea that he was as shit in training as he looked on the pitch being the reason he wasn't getting chances was shot down, people were making up conspiracies around him.

Good riddance. I'll take what we can get. Just the wage off the books is a win.