Van de Beek to Girona for 500k

Remember that a large portion of the fanbase were screaming for him to play despite it being blatantly obvious after a few weeks that he was super limited. Worse that that was his meekness, a decently tidy technician but no heart at all.

The idea that he was as shit in training as he looked on the pitch being the reason he wasn't getting chances was shot down, people were making up conspiracies around him.

Remember when a big portion of the fanbase genuinely believed he was some world class player that Ole didn't play because he was clueless and that van de Beek was too good for his "awful" style of play? :lol:

Then, when ten Hag joined, the same people were sure that van de Beek will be one of the first names on the team sheet and he would bench Bruno immediately.

Decent banter if Berrada writes an open letter asking the Girona fans to “please take good care of our Donny”.

Not sure what our scouts saw in him. He was such a luxury player that required 2 ( offensive and defensive responsibilities) players to support what he offered. He was just a link player and not that good even in that

Hopefully we don't sign anymore players just because other clubs like Madrid want them. He was never suited to the PLand definitely not the style of play Ole was playing at the time. Pretty sure it was an Ed Woodward signing not an Ole one.

What a waste of 35 million

I'd have taken him as a ball boy for Feyenoord's under 18 for this price.

He's fallen up upwards massively here, fair play.

Last edited:
Im just double checking- it’s Girona who pay 500k for the transfers, not us to get rid? Right?
I'd be fine even if it was us paying. Good job whomever was able to pull it off

£40m down to £500k.

One of our worst even transfers.
Pogba for 105million Euros from Juve and leaving for free was certainly financially worse, but in retrospect we got VERY lucky to have gotten rid of him, even if price drop was mind-blowing

Pogba for 105million Euros from Juve and leaving for free was certainly financially worse, but in retrospect we got VERY lucky to have gotten rid of him, even if price drop was mind-blowing

Yeah that was an even more horrendous deal. We got very lucky after all what’s happened with him now. So glad we don’t have that hanging over the club, as we have enough bad press.

I'd have taken him as a ball boy for Feyenoord's under 18 for this price.
Plus it’d create a super cool and normal vibe to have a wealthy older man who looks like the Milky Bar Kid hanging around with a bunch of teenagers.

We're the worst club at selling players on the planet. Girona must have been pissing themselves when we accepted that bid.

He's worth 7-9m at least.

He’s worth what clubs are willing to pay, nobody is lining up to sign this “footballer” we are lucky to get 500k! 7-9m is a joke surely.

No complaints but I’m a little surprised we’ve done a deal with the city football group

Glad he’s going

His spell at United has been a disaster. He was never fancied at the club from day one. I think he could have been a good player for a different team though. Doubt that will be at Girona, I think it’s all a little too late for him now and he won’t be able to get his form from his Ajax days back, but with him the best and hope that he can.

How are we only getting 500k for a 27 year old Holland international, I wouldnt mind so much if we were selling him to Frankfurt but we arnt we are selling him to City and they would never us sign a player from them without forving us to massively overpay.
We’re not, it’s a few million and likely more. And about £6m-£7m per year off our wage bill. For a player whos done nothing for us or on loan

Wonder what went wrong for him

This reminds me of my time playing FM and wanting to get rid of a player and offered him for 0 or 100k. In most cases, nobody would come even then. When I was lucky a "bidding" war would start and I would sell the player for 200k.