Van de Beek to Girona for 500k

People read the headline and not the fine prints. There are add-ons that appear easily achievable, so overall may not be too bad. Saves the club £6-7m per year on wages as well. Decent deal, hope he kicks on from here.

People keep saying this but I think it’s actually good that we got anything for him, I fully expected him to be released on a free. He didn’t prove himself in the PL or on any loan since. In fact because of injuries he’s played very little games in 4 years.

in my opinion we should take this as a small win
That’s a good point. At this point, managing to sell players for any amount of money is good.

An objectively terrible transfer, but it says a lot that I’d probably rank Sancho, Antony, Sanchez, Maguire, Pogba, Martial, and Ronaldo2 all as worse transfers for us.

Di Maria and Lukaku only escape that list because we managed to claw back a healthy fee for them somehow.

Objectively Pogba, Maguire, Ronaldo and Martial we're better/less worse transfers for us. They at least delivered at some degree on the pitch, not to justify the price paid but did more on the dollar than VdB. Sancho, Antony and Sanchez we'll they havent/didnt performed but at least took part on the team, having VdB and not would had made absolutely no difference. He wasnt even a squad choice, he barely played it was a total waste of a transfer and wages.

People read the headline and not the fine prints. There are add-ons that appear easily achievable, so overall may not be too bad. Saves the club £6-7m per year on wages as well. Decent deal, hope he kicks on from here.

Not to be all tinfoil hat about it but we're told those add-ons are easily achievable but I'm not sure Romano read those contracts to begin with.

It's good he got moved and I wouldn't call getting an additional million or two a miracle but good enough, certainly.

One of the worst signings we have ever made, which is quite an achievement considering our recruitment over the last decade. Nothing player

One of the worst signings we have ever made, which is quite an achievement considering our recruitment over the last decade. Nothing player

What was his transfer window? Did we sign him, Telles, Pellestri, Amad and Cavani? What an odd window

Overrated player surrounded by hype. Woodward signed names and the Real Madrid links made him famous.
Not overrated at all, he had a solid CV behind him, and he was only signed for 30M. Our manager didn't want him as he was too technical and good at keeping the ball so he benched him. Then he got rusty, went out on loan and picked up injuries. Then tbf he was no worse than any other player when ETH came in but he wanted to play counter-attacking football which isn't VDBs game so he didn't want him. His only fault was picking this club.

He's left hasn't he? No longer a Utd player. Why is this thread still open?

It's almost as if the players aren't the problem.

Donny was never the answer. He was shit for Everton and Frankfurt. I would be shocked if he was a starter for Girona. He will end up on the bench, as usual.

He had a purple patch at Ajax with the right system and the right circumstances and shined for a year or two, ultimately we were dumb to buy him, especially under Ole.

Donny was never the answer. He was shit for Everton and Frankfurt. I would be shocked if he was a starter for Girona. He will end up on the bench, as usual.

He had a purple patch at Ajax with the right system and the right circumstances and shined for a year or two, ultimately we were dumb to buy him, especially under Ole.
I’m not sure about frankfurt but im sure your take is wrong as the everton one was. He was decent for Everton but got injured. Don’t know why you guys are so bitter towards such a non controversial player.

It also wasn’t a purple patch at Ajax jesus christ what an embarrassing take. You clearly don’t watch football outside of United and are just saying things.

donny(like klaasen before) is the ultimate system player and within his system that he learned at ajax he was class but problem is that outside of it he is almost useless....surprised ajax didnt went for him, he would most likely be class for them again.