Van de Beek to Girona for 500k

Just sanction the transfer so we can all move on. At this point even getting 500k for him is a good deal all things considered. Something broke in the guy when he joined us so this is best for all sides.

Remember how his signing was painted as a an amazing job by Ole to get one over on Madrid. What a horrible failure those years were.

was it? By who? I remember Ole being asked questions about his signing by the press and he seemed a bit nonchalant about him, almost like he didn’t really want him at all, but he’d just been given him? It all felt very odd at the time

We generate good revenue without sales.

Theres other outgoings that'll generate fees. Getting VDB off the wage books is the most important thing.

Itll pay the majority of de ligts salary

Real Madrid transfer collapsing changed this guy's whole life. In an alternate timeline he's a CL winner. fecking hell.

One of the most bizarre transfers, up there with Schneiderlin.

DVB and Schneiderlin you had this idea of a no nonsense, does what the manager wants, puts in quiet, yet integral, performances most weeks and would be a great bench/rotation to the squad. These types of players get to MUFC, something happens and then it's a sharp decline. All the "loans" fail, they look a third of the player they should be and then disappear into some obscure irrelevancy.

I'm happy he's getting another opportunity, but he's up there now with one of those "head scratcher" signings that you'll look back on in another 10-20 years and think "what the hell happened there".

Think I read that just getting him off the books is worth 13 million due to amortisation, and that would equal De Ligt’s price for the year. 500k is awful in itself, but I'm glad to get him off the books.

Real Madrid transfer collapsing changed this guy's whole life. In an alternate timeline he's a CL winner. fecking hell.
Or maybe Madrid find out early that he is a fraud and they move him on swiftly.

Wonder why Girona are buying him with their links to city. Seems very odd to help Utd out.

Slow news day here so I’m going to say it’s a conspiracy to buy our support during their 115 charges case :lol:

Wonder why Girona are buying him with their links to city. Seems very odd to help Utd out.

Slow news day here so I’m going to say it’s a conspiracy to buy our support during their 115 charges case :lol:
at 500k they are not helping us out.

at 500k they are not helping us out.

We haven’t been able to give him away. He’d failed every loan and we would be stuck with his wages and literally no performances from him. The fee may be low but getting rid of his wages is helping us out in my humble opinion.

As per Simon stone total fee will be 20 million euros with add ons, said unlikely event of achieving all add ons.

I hope most of them are based on games played.

As per Simon stone total fee will be 20 million euros with add ons, said unlikely event of achieving all add ons.

Would be interested to see what they were but in reality I don’t care. He just needed moving on, for us and for himself. It might actually work out well as a permanent move, no connection to us like he would have had in the back of his mind on every loan. Clean break may help with any mental issues and if he can somehow squeeze out some performances we might get a few million

One of the most bizarre transfers, up there with Schneiderlin.

DVB and Schneiderlin you had this idea of a no nonsense, does what the manager wants, puts in quiet, yet integral, performances most weeks and would be a great bench/rotation to the squad. These types of players get to MUFC, something happens and then it's a sharp decline. All the "loans" fail, they look a third of the player they should be and then disappear into some obscure irrelevancy.

I'm happy he's getting another opportunity, but he's up there now with one of those "head scratcher" signings that you'll look back on in another 10-20 years and think "what the hell happened there".
Happens when you fail under the great spotlight that you get at United no doubt you lose confidence, the coach also doesn't have time for you cause you are putting his job under threat, I wouldn't discount nasty comments from team mates and you start trying to change your game and everything becomes twice as hard.

I still remember people here were expecting ETH to “unlock” him. He was always a nothing player for us.

Think I read that just getting him off the books is worth 13 million due to amortisation, and that would equal De Ligt’s price for the year. 500k is awful in itself, but I'm glad to get him off the books.
Now where did you read that? If his transfer value was 35 million, that is 7 million per year during contract. His salary is apparantly 6 million per year, but these don't add up. Those 7 millions are still a financial loss. With him leaving for 500k, we are actually at 6.5 millions loss. His salary is off the books, though, so that leaves us with a total 500k loss.

Where does he rank alongside the likes of Darmian and Schneiderlin as a fairly big-money player who left us with pretty much nothing to remember them by?

At least Schneiderlin fetched an awesome fee out of Everton, Darmain had an excellent start with us and though he was non existent attacking wise he was decent defensively, VdB was an absolutely nothing player for us and couldn't even be sold for a good fee, Girona is paying half a mil and only if he does well the club gets more money and there is a good chance he might not even hack it at Girona and we basically get nothing

Certain members here really thought it was only a matter of time before Van de Beek displaced Bruno, which is utterly inexcusable after watching him play a single game for us.

If you thought this, you should genuinely give up football, cos it ain't for you.

Or maybe Madrid find out early that he is a fraud and they move him on swiftly.

And Madrid do the bolded quite quickly, they lose patience for a player, only few were given some time but they were special like Vini, most of the times they are moved on within one season

We won’t make the €20m but we absolutely should recoup upwards of ~€5m very easily and then from there it just depends on how he does and how Girona do.

The point of this deal is no clubs wanted to take a risk on a player who has objectively failed every loan move since arriving at United but Van De Beek was an eager mover (he’s been told to go) and United were very motivated sellers. The add ons should see us make a bit of money back on someone with only a year left on their contract.

So frankly €500,000 guaranteed about €4-5m all but guaranteed and then the potential for a few extra here or there is a fine bit of business considering the alternative is another loan until expiry.

was it? By who? I remember Ole being asked questions about his signing by the press and he seemed a bit nonchalant about him, almost like he didn’t really want him at all, but he’d just been given him? It all felt very odd at the time
Yeah any excuse to lump it on Ole. This was a club/woodie but not the managers

based on the 500K fee alone, he goes down as one of the worst PL transfers in history. This for a player that was part of the ETH Champions league run, where those players still command transfer fees, i think it would have one of the biggest declines ever. Couldn't stand out at everton or Frankfurt. Absolute joke.

I still remember people here were expecting ETH to “unlock” him. He was always a nothing player for us.

Hardly ETH his fault that van de Beek picked up a major injury. Who knows what would have happend without that. ETH has shown that he can get the best out of Donny.

I feel sorry for Donny and wish him well. He's a far better player than we ever so of him

If we get rid of him that's a bonus. I'd be happy if we got a boneless bucket of KFC for him.

According to Romano the fee will be slightly less than €1m. Donny will sign early next week, I hope this does not fall through.

Good transfer. I was expecting that we'd send him out for free, like we did for Bailly. Getting a minimum fee of 0.5m is still something and on top of that having some bonus payments that could increase the fee is good business!

If we get rid of him that's a bonus. I'd be happy if we got a boneless bucket of KFC for him.

If that had been the initial offer, I would have demanded a few packs of supercharger sauce on top.

It looks like a deal that works for both clubs. The question now is whether the player agrees to a contract within Girona's wage structure. I don't think United will want to be doing any golden handshakes and nor should we.