US Politics

Whatever - your assessment is whack and your argument boils down to ad hominem
You realize that Holman Jenkins has consistently written opinion pieces offering unwavering support for Donald Trump, right?

(He also said the 2008 financial crisis meant that the system was working exactly as it should)

You realize that Holman Jenkins has consistently written opinion pieces offering unwavering support for Donald Trump, right?

(He also said the 2008 financial crisis meant that the system was working exactly as it should)
Your use of facts is whack, the WSJ Opinion side is totes unbiased.

WSJ opinion side is generally right of Breitbart - that's whack

Alright boys, Joe is the greatest, Hunter is an upstanding citizen and above reproach
Now you resort to hyperbole after truthfully discussing where WSJ's opinion page politics lies. Y'all are so predictable when cornered.

It's okay to not realize the page's politics generally, but any nonblinkered reader will come to understand the vapid, 'gotcha' pieces like this one are written with such an embarrassing slant that the authors basically take themselves out of any truthful running & place themselves into the entertainment side of right wing politics usually found in the evenings on all the comedy channels.

I, for one, am shocked at Suedesi posting WSJ opinion hack jobs and acting appalled at the reactions.

Shocked, I tell you.

I'm just so pleased the Republican apparatus has united around being entirely against nepotism, particularly involving the President and their immediate family. Taking such a bold, consistent stand really highlights that it still is the party of laws, norms and morality.

A bit of good news. I hope they can tackle the batshit crazy gerrymandering ASAP, but the GOP in Wisconsin is a monster so I'm expecting it to be a yearslong battle to achieve fairness.

A bit of good news. I hope they can tackle the batshit crazy gerrymandering ASAP, but the GOP in Wisconsin is a monster so I'm expecting it to be a yearslong battle to achieve fairness.

Odds on them changing the law so they can overrule the vote and stay in

Odds on them changing the law so they can overrule the vote and stay in

From what I remember the current maps are in violation of the state constitution, but the GOP dominated State SC have always refused to hear the cases, or if they do they rule them "fine". The hope is that now cases can actually get a fair shake at the SC. Gerrymandering, no matter which side is doing it, is wrong. A state that is 51/49% should not have a 33/66% legislative breakdown.

WSJ opinion side is generally right of Breitbart - that's whack

Alright boys, Joe is the greatest, Hunter is an upstanding citizen and above reproach
Admittedly my characterization was slightly hyperbolic, but the point remains that the WSJ opinion section is widely acknowledged to be a mouthpiece for the right and spouts some absolutely dangerous shit on a routine basis. Also, your white text is just stupid as no one on here has said either.

Admittedly my characterization was slightly hyperbolic, but the point remains that the WSJ opinion section is widely acknowledged to be a mouthpiece for the right and spouts some absolutely dangerous shit on a routine basis. Also, your white text is just stupid as no one on here has said either.
WSJ Opinion pieces are the print equivalent of appearing on Fox News, Newsmax or OAN is perhaps a good way of putting it

WSJ Opinion pieces are the print equivalent of appearing on Fox News, Newsmax or OAN is perhaps a good way of putting it
I would say it's even worse as none of the above give a sitting SC justice a platform to explain away corruption and blatantly lie (not that any of the above wouldn't kill for the chance to do so.)

I would say it's even worse as none of the above give a sitting SC justice a platform to explain away corruption and blatantly lie (not that any of the above wouldn't kill for the chance to do so.)
Maybe, but then again apparently, the relevant US population doesn't have the reading comprehension to understand it :D

F2ZhsYabQAAn6QJ

State of disaster: State Republican parties across the country are struggling
Michigan’s Republican party is broke. Minnesota’s was, until recently, down to $53.81 in the bank. And in Colorado, the GOP is facing eviction from its office this month because it can’t make rent.

Around the nation, state Republican party apparatuses — once bastions of competency that helped produce statehouse takeovers — have become shells of their former machines amid infighting and a lack of organization.

Current and former officials at the heart of the matter blame twin forces for it: The rise of insurgent pro-Donald Trump activists capturing party leadership posts, combined with the ever-rising influence of super PACs.

“It shouldn’t surprise anybody that real people with real money — the big donors who have historically funded the party apparatus — don’t want to invest in these clowns who have taken over and subsumed the Republican Party,” said Jeff Timmer, the former executive director of the once-vaunted Michigan GOP and a senior adviser to the anti-Trump Lincoln Project.

This news has been trickling out all week about how broke these GOP state campaigns are. But, its just funny to me they let these election denier idiots get in there and waste all this money on recounts and other nonsense. And the real GOP big money donors are hesitant to pour money into these people to waste on nonsense and keep losing elections.

Super PACs as noted can swoop in still with that money. All this money being spent on Trump's lawyers and legal fees is going to weigh them down too.