US Politics

he's confusing pronouns (chinese has the same pronunciation and a very similar character for he/she) with tones (how high/low the word is said, which is more varied in chinese).
and i think confusing substance and tone Says A Lot(TM) about trans discourse!!!

he's confusing pronouns (chinese has the same pronunciation and a very similar character for he/she) with tones (how high/low the word is said, which is more varied in chinese).
and i think confusing substance and tone Says A Lot(TM) about trans discourse!!!

You’re giving him too much credit, he’s just being an ignorant racist fascist cnut.

Never heard of this person above but her profiles checks off multiple right-wing boxes. Perhaps a wannabe grifter, perhaps her true self.

these people would literally crawl in a sewer if they thought they're making a point about over-regulation of drinking water or something

So i guess schools in Florida will now teach to kids that slavery wasn't really that bad after all.

Not that different from what certain backward southern states already do, Florida is a lost cause.

Could also have something to do with the events of 2017, and then compounded by the 2nd most expensive NA event in history last year.

I hate Desantis, but Florida's batsh*t crazy insurance industry predates him by a long time. There is an absolutely ridiculous amount of fraud there too.

Could also have something to do with the events of 2017, and then compounded by the 2nd most expensive NA event in history last year.

I hate Desantis, but Florida's batsh*t crazy insurance industry predates him by a long time. There is an absolutely ridiculous amount of fraud there too.
He owns it though, it’s happening on his watch. That’s the rub of current event politics.

Dickie Dunn was right in the 1977 movie Slap Shot when he said "I think there are a lot of shysters in Florida."

He owns it though, it’s happening on his watch. That’s the rub of current event politics.
To be fair he also failed to sign the usual pre-storm-season insurance bill, and apparently said something like 'let's hope we don't get a storm'. Which is a damn fine way to manage I guess :/

these are the sort of people who shouldn't have made it beyond high school debating clubs. American politics is, at federal level, a complete farce.

Appointed criminals…

Is it the case that American journalism is so good that it keeps exposing corruption or is there just more corruption in the USA.

In the UK Boris gave his buddies billions and then Liz Truss made billions for her buddies and there is barely any coverage of it.

Last edited:
Stop electing geriatrics

Yeah, seriously.

I persist in saying that age 75 should be considered decent of a mandatory retirement age for public service (including elected officials) in a near future. The oldest Canadian MP just retired from political life and he is 74.