US Politics

One of the people who accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault is now saying they made the story up.

All of this is extremely reminiscent of the late Roman Republic, this episode is similar to the one when Caesar testified against his own wife to clear Clodius for Tribune of Plebs.

A nice reminder that in a dysfunctional democracy, politicians will sell their own mothers for a bit of advancement.

This is the guy who falsely claimed Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a woman in Rhode Island.

Are we actually going to get to the point where Crosby, Weinstein et al can't keep their jobs in the entertainment industry due to all the allegations but it's fine for a Supreme Court judge to be appointed in similar circumstances?
We’ve...
fonzie-two.jpg

Anything is possible at this point

All of this is extremely reminiscent of the late Roman Republic, this episode is similar to the one when Caesar testified against his own wife to clear Clodius for Tribune of Plebs.

A nice reminder that in a dysfunctional democracy, politicians will sell their own mothers for a bit of advancement.

Mate there is no such thing as a functional democracy. At this stage with all the evidence of history I'm not sure there is any form of functional government at all. Maybe we can create robots who will never develop personal greed and desire for ultimate power some day.

Mate there is no such thing as a functional democracy. At this stage with all the evidence of history I'm not sure there is any form of functional government at all. Maybe we can create robots who will never develop personal greed and desire for ultimate power some day.
Everything is functional up to a point, even dictatorship or tyranny.

Republicans are sick in the head.

They are but the Democrats aren't doing much about Keith Ellison or Cory Booker (okay it was a self-admittance so slightly different). Both sides protect their own, tribal warfare dictates they must. I despise Republicans for so much but Dems aren't much better at this, even if they are slightly better.

They are but the Democrats aren't doing much about Keith Ellison or Cory Booker (okay it was a self-admittance so slightly different). Both sides protect their own, tribal warfare dictates they must. I despise Republicans for so much but Dems aren't much better at this, even if they are slightly better.

I understand Ellison is being investigated.

If he is guilty he must resign.

The story has been unsurprisingly underreported by the MSM.

Its not sexual in nature. But she has reported abuse. This was around quite a bit here. But major networks did not run with it because it looked from the tweets and what she said that the relationship ended badly.

His opponent has brought it up in the debate. But Ellison will still win.

No other Dem candidate is backing him nor accusing him.

The findings will come out soon.

By the way, Kavanaugh keeping the calendar is consistent with serial offenders keeping trophies and other trinkets to remind them of their favourite moments. He probably jerks off to it.

Damn. We just found Trump's speech writer. Lol!

I'd have so much fun putting stuff in to catch him out without him knowing. :lol:

I'm not wrong on this one though. I was too young to remember what it was like with Clinton but did Democrats say openly he should be investigated or did they huddle around him and try and protect him?

And here we can see the GOP propaganda machine in pure fight back mode. Damn this is ugly.

Avenatti didnt seem particularly bothered when asked about it on CNN. Seemed like he knew the GOP might use this to distract.

Well if there are multiple accusers who are credible then it will put pressure on Grassley to delay the committee vote since there are no guarantees that Murkowski and Collins will vote for Kavanaugh. The longer the Dems manage to delay the more time they buy themselves to make it more difficult to confirm. If by next week the nomination isn't confirmed then Trump may have to look at another nominee...which would push things toward the mid terms, which is exactly what the Dems want.

There are multiple accusers and still it doesn't seem like Grassley and McConnell are backing down. Do you think it's brinkmanship?

Trump from his press conference seems to believe them all of them have a hearing tomorrow. He also mentioned that he is not averse to withdrawing the nomination and appointing someone else. Which I thought was a startling admission. At lease they are giving it a serious consideration, which I didn't think was in play before he opened his gob.

I guess we'll have a lot of answers after tomorrow's hearing. Still think that the surreptitious republicans will somehow contrive to push this through.

We can see why turtle face and some others did not want this guy. But Trump was insistent to get someone to cover his arse.

This will not end well for them.

Don't be mean to turtles

But of course....

In what world do attempted rapists see a rich guy getting set up for their crime and rush forward to clear his name and incriminate themselves in a crime that has no statute of limitations? Total and complete bollocks.

How can you have an investigation without questioning the main alleged witness? This is a sham.

The Cory Booker thing is a non-starter. Should only be mentioned in how ridiculous it is to be used against his credibility. Ellison is a different matter.

Don't bother with this sham. The GOP and each of those spineless charlatan senators who pretend to care on camera will all vote for him tomorrow. They're only interested in stacking the court and could care less what Brett did. They stand and vote with Trump every week of their pathetic lives, if you're expecting any kind of moral vote from that party you're an idiot.

So a female republican prosecutor who proceeded over 2000 sex crime cases and only convicted one. This should not be one sided at all.

Last edited:
Surely the police have to now get involved if 2 other people are claiming they were the ones who sexually assaulted Dr Ford.