US Politics

"Let her have her day in court" making it out like the victim is the criminal

Guy has a drinking problem and becomes aggressive when he drinks. By his own admission in an email to his friends.

Are we actually going to get to the point where Crosby, Weinstein et al can't keep their jobs in the entertainment industry due to all the allegations but it's fine for a Supreme Court judge to be appointed in similar circumstances?

Another one.

They really need to start examining this guy seriously. Yes, Democrats are politically motivated but that doesn't mean that these women are lying. It's disgraceful the way that the US senate has made abuse/assault allegations into a political agenda. Gorsuch went through despite protestations but no one accused him of rape/groping etc.

The republicans seem to care more about getting Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court than about any backlash that they might face. Why him? Why not another republican judge? Because he thinks a president shouldn't be indicted?

This whole thing is a mess.

Last edited:
Surely you jest. :lol:
Yeah. Although , at some point damage limitation has to kick in. I mean, Drump is a moron , that's clear however the senate repubs are not that dumb. If it was just the single accuser they would've forced this but they are just too many now. The guy is a creep.

The GOP are saying this is all a set up and bullshit. They are blaming the Dems and they are saying Kav is a good man and should be SCOTUS. They are saying his name is being tarnished by propaganda and smear tactics.

They are 100% making out he is the victim in all this.

No, I'm not surprised by this. Just disappointed.

Watching all this unfold I sure am glad I live in a country where a sexist comment can put you out of political business. America is sick in the head.

Watching all this unfold I sure am glad I live in a country where a sexist comment can put you out of political business. America is sick in the head.
I can't believe how drastic my opinion of that country as a whole has changed in the last 5 years.

It's a simple calculation: the political fallout among Republican voters is less of a threat than losing the ability to stack the court for the forseeable future. It's a no brainer.

The fact is that because of gerrymandering and the way the system has been tailored, enough Republican voters who only watch Fox News will show up to enable them to keep the senate. Reminder, they could lose by 10 ppts in overall votes in the midterms and still keep the house and senate. (unlikely, but possible). Also, they just watched that interview with Trump and didn't immediately question what the f*ck was wrong with themselves for ever considering him to fit for office.

It's amazing and completely incomprehensible to anyone with a brain, but propaganda is powerful.