US Open 2011

So Tipsy Djokovic and Fed Tsonga have both been called off.

If the bottom half Round of 16 matches aren't wrapped up today I just can't see how we can have a Sunday final. It'll be incredibly unfair to whoever makes it from the bottom half.

I think we'll have another Monday final this year.

There will be no play at all before 4 30 which is just 2.5 hours before the night session. There are going to be a lot of cancelled matches tonight imo.

Why can't the USO just get court covers? We had the same issues last year as well.

And it starts raining again. I think that's the end of today's session and it makes the 15 minutes that the players were made to play even more bizarre.

Only the women's matches seem to be on. All the men's matches have apparently been called off.

So players in the bottom half i.e the likes of Roddick, Ferrer, Nadal, Muller, Murray will be playing four 5 setters in 4 days if they make it to the finals?

How is that fair?

More from Nadal.....

"You cannot lie to players, you cannot lie to fans. We need a little more respect. It was raining. I'm the first person here who wanted to play but not if it's raining. Grand Slams feel like they have too much power, they don't care about the players. It's not right. I can't say I don't want to go on court. The ATP must have enough power to say we cannot go on court if it's raining. At Grand Slams we don't have power, this has to change. Grand Slams are the biggest tournaments on the tour but if they don't respect the players we have to do something about it. We've had hundreds of meetings, the only way to change is to stop all the talking. Taking a drastic decision is tough but... I don't like to be in front of the cameras, it seems like I'm the rebel. It's not like that. I say what's fair for everybody. The only way things can change is if the players are united and the ATP supports us."
Well said Rafa!!!!!!!!!

Water starts bubbling on court on Armstrong and Roddick and Ferrer have to go off. This US Open :lol:

Asmstrong is build on a swamp. No wonder there's water seeping through!

Nadal comes back from a break down to win the first set 7-6.

He's been good today and far better than the rubbish served up yesterday.

Oh and as for Armstrong

Darren Cahill
Armstrong snake bitten. 2 hairline cracks in the court & the surrounding area soft & seeping moisture. Sun is drawing it up. Blowers no good

Roddick Ferrer now shifted out to Court 13. This is an absolute joke.

Why can't they shift it to Ashe or Armstrong since both the Nadal and Murray matches are a set away from completion?

Murray beats Young 6-2 6-3 6-3....................four down - three to go
dancing_banana.gif

It wasn't the greatest performance from Murray but he's through.

Nadal through 7-6 6-1 6-2

His performance today was quite easily his best since the Murray semi final at Wimbledon.

He'll play Ferrer/Roddick in the QF.

Still think it's extremely unfair that the bottom half players have to play 4 matches in 4 days to win the title.

Men's
Robin Soderling twitter
It's been a difficult period but I am getting better. Doctors confirmed that I have had mono for quite some time and this truly explains my lack of energy but my health is improving and I hope to be back on the court as soon as possible.

Women's
S.Williams beats Pavlyuchenkova 7-5 6-1

Stosur beats Zvonareva 6-3 6-3

What on earth was that from Tipsy? He breaks Djokovic 3 times, serves for the set and then loses the set 7-6.

I really can see Federer beating Djokovic this time...if he survives Tsonga.

Oh and John Isner wouldn't be a top 200 player without tie breaks :lol:

Tipsy breaks Djokovic for the 4th time today and has rushed to a 3-0 lead in the 2nd set. Love to see how he messes it up this time.

Djokovic has been very resilient but also looked pretty average today.

Tipsy had Break points to go 4-0 up and now finds himself at 3-3. Sigh.

Anyway Wozzy vs Serena should be fun in the semis!

The US Open Final has been rescheduled for Monday. Great news!

How much money are these whining cnuts getting for playing a game. Get a fecking grip.

So that means they should be out playing in poor conditions? :confused:

There was just 15 minutes of play possible in the entire day yesterday so it bloody well justifies the players anger about being made to play in dangerous/wet conditions.

So that means they should be out playing in poor conditions? :confused:

I'm not saying they should be playing - just moaning less. Rafa talking about a lack of respect. Jesus.

Thick jocks shouldn't be allowed to talk unless it's to comment on how well they are focusing etc.