US Open 2011

Nalbandian threw away the set when serving for it with a DF (great way to return the favour!) and is now 6-5 down and serving to stay in the set.

Nalbandian's been fantastic today though. Injuries really have ruined what could have been a wonderful career for the guy.

If Nalbandian loses this set he'll go back to not giving a feck and losing the next two comfortably.

These two are just throwing away mini breaks in this tie break :lol:

It's a battle of "I suck" , "No I suck more!" right now.

Nadal wins the first set after a strange tie break.

He picked up his form after being 5-3 down.

Hopefully a simple win now but Nalbandian's been very strong.

Nadal's playing at his best now and Nalbandian seems to have given up.

3-0 with a double break in the 2nd.

Two things i have noticed from the Kerber vs Niculescu match (6-4 6-3)

1) The germans have a lot of young quality girls: Petkovic, Lisicki, Goerges and Kerber. They're a good bet for a Fedcup win.
2) Kerber is already in the QF and someone like Murray is still a 3rd round player..........the schedule is shite at the US Open too :wenger:

Nadal double faults when serving for match and is broken. Aargh.

What's with these two double faulting on break points today?

And it's almost fitting that this match ends with Nalbandian committing a double fault on break and match point.

Well play DN, wonderful performance from him today!

Interesting take on Federer's win over Cilic- there's a question if the umpire put off Cilic in a decisive moment by calling time violation against him, after which Cilic made a double fault and lost the game.

Apparently the same umpire did the same thing at a potentially decisive moment against Djokovic when he was playing Federer.

Here's the link with both video clips. Tbf there was absolutely no need to call for time violation against Cilic.

B92 - Sport - Tenis Masters - Paskal Marija ponovo pomaže Rodžeru

That same ref almost put off Nadal today as well with a time violation at break point today.

Anyway Nadal vs Muller in the R16 match. The last time these two played wasn't exactly good for the nerves :nervous:

That same ref almost put off Nadal today as well with a time violation at break point today.

Anyway Nadal vs Muller in the R16 match. The last time these two played wasn't exactly good for the nerves :nervous:

That's going to be a good one.

Back to Federer quickly, dont really like the comments he makes sometimes, like yesterday he again mentioned how he has never retired in his career and always went out and gave his best and all that. It's obvious that something is going on this year at the US Open, plus some player retired because of injuries, etc. I don't see the point on him constantly repeating how he never retired, yea we get it Roger, you're the greatest, go get yourself a medal.

That's going to be a good one.

Back to Federer quickly, dont really like the comments he makes sometimes, like yesterday he again mentioned how he has never retired in his career and always went out and gave his best and all that. It's obvious that something is going on this year at the US Open, plus some player retired because of injuries, etc. I don't see the point on him constantly repeating how he never retired, yea we get it Roger, you're the greatest, go get yourself a medal.

People think that Federer is some kind of saint but he's clearly not. He has an arrogant side and he just can't shut up about people retiring. He used to have it in for Djokovic earlier and even said something like "maybe if you're not fit enough then don't bother turning up" or something like that during the Australian Open last year.

He's also had verbal arguments with Murray and Djokovic earlier. He needs to shut up sometimes really and stop trying to pull down others.

Anyway some bromance at the net today :

scaled.php

Ferrer through in straight sets. He'll meet Nadal in the Quarters if both of them get there.

Who's Novak going to meet eventually?

Toughest players they can play before the semis :

Novak : Dolgopolov and Tipsy

Fed : Tsonga/Fish

Murray : Del Po/Simon

Nadal : Ferrer/Roddick

I think Fed has the toughest path to the semis of the top 4. Tsonga and Fish are incredibly difficult players to play against atm.

Crazy......players are now retiring during interviews

Tennis Connected twitter
What the heck just happened to Nadal? He just fell on the ground during his press conference in pain. Ouch.

Richard Ingham Evans twitter
Nadal collapses in interview room during press conference, apparently with cramp. Physio attends to him as he lies behind the desk

Peter Diapre twitter
Rafael Nadal has just collapsed in his press conference at the US Open.

Patrick Hennessy twitter
Nadal has just passed out in his press conf at the US Open...weird and alarming pics.

:nervous:

Nadal has said now "I just have cramping in front and behind. That's why I, was so painful. That's all. It was just a normal cramp that could have happened anywhere but it happened in the press room."

Roddick beats Benneteau 6-1 6-4 7-6

Roddick will be taken out by Ferrer in the next round. It's the first decent opponent he'll face.

Del Po being 2 sets to 1 down vs Simon is worrying. Simon vs Murray would be the most incredibly boring match ever

Del Po being 2 sets to 1 down vs Simon is worrying. Simon vs Murray would be the most incredibly boring match ever

Simon looks like he should be modelling cardigans in a Next catalogue. Wtf is going on!!!

Dam. Simon beats JMDP.

Most boring match of the tournament vs Murray awaits. Sigh.

Stosur beats Kirilenko 6-2 6-7 6-3 :(

The tie-break was amazing.......32 points, a lot of great points, stupid errors from both and some funny wrong hawk-eye challenges.......this was probably the best tie-break i've ever seen
clap.gif

Zvonareva beats Lisicki 6-2 6-3 :(

The Mosquito takes the 2nd set vs Tipsy after being 6-5 and 0-30 down :D

Tipsy beats JCF :(

He'll probably play Djokovic in the next round.

Can't believe Ivanovic managed 7 games. Incredible achievement really