US Open 2011

This match pretty much sums up why Murray will have to get very lucky to win a slam.

This match pretty much sums up why Murray will have to get very lucky to win a slam.

I think we have been seeing why he will never win a grand slam for the past two to three years and not just this match unless the top three are injured or knocked out earlier.

Murray wins. Awful tiebreaker by Isner.

And Murray should get rid of his mother. From his box I mean.

What a shit tie breaker that was

Isner was awful at the end. Missing simple shots all over the place. I think he's even more immobile than Karlovic :lol:

Anyway Rafa vs Roddick now.

Murray beats Isner 7-5 6-4 3-6 7-6....................five down - two to go
dancing_banana.gif

Great match from both, but the 4.set was amazing
mexican.gif

In the end it wasn't a easy walk for Murray but all in all he's played good tennis and was the better player.

I think this is the first time in last one or two years that somebody has got more posts than wr8 in a tennis thread :eek:

Murray was very good in the first two sets btw. Some good returns and got himself out of some difficult positions in the point. However Isner really bottled that tie break. That double fault and that volley point were criminal.

Looking very sharp. With Djokovic not quite looking at his best, I think Nadal will win this tournament.

Looking very sharp. With Djokovic not quite looking at his best, I think Nadal will win this tournament.

To do that Nadal will need to win today and beat Murray which won't be easy considering he's never beaten Murray in a hard court Slam till now.

Anyway great set from Nadal and he takes it 6-2.

If there's any weakness in his game that he needs to work on then it's the second serve. Djokovic and many players recently have started attacking his second serve and hitting down the line which really bothers him.

Another break for Nadal.

He needs to be tested for drugs post match. He's been phenomenal over the last 2 days

There was no need for Nadal to have played this game today. Waste of his time. Just go ahead and play Nadal Murray and get it over with.

6-2 6-1 now and Nadal's just hitting passing shots all over the court.

Stunning that Roddick has zero winners in two sets of tennis.

Roddick had triple break point at 0-40 and another one at Advantage but Nadal saves them all. He's just relentless today.

1-0 third set.

Another break for Nadal.

He needs to be tested for drugs post match. He's been phenomenal over the last 2 days

Its what good players do. He won Wimbledon and the US Open like that last year. Unimpressive in the first week. Lethal in the 2nd.

Looks like Roddick has completely given up even trying. Is he injured? Really poor display.

Its what good players do. He won Wimbledon and the US Open like that last year. Unimpressive in the first week. Lethal in the 2nd.

Wimbledon he was atrocious in the first week but he was very impressive at the USO from start to finish last year.

This year he's been surprisingly low key all summer after the Wimbledon final but he's getting back in form just in time.

For the Indians watching this :

Aren't you tired of the idiot in the Deo ad? He's so annoying now :lol:

Oh and Roddick has his first winner of the match at 4-2 down in the third.