US Open 2011

Incredible tie break. Djokovic wins it 16-14.

Dolgo really should have won that though. He was 4-0 up and then he had a passing shot he could have played and won the set at 13-14 but he chose to slice it :(

And the set point Dolgo saved at 12-11 was incredible. Point of the tournament!

Anyway Djokovic proved why he's World Number 1 in that tie break. Great resilience!

Anyway it'll probably be an easy victory now so time to switch to Tsonng Fish :D

Tsonga wins the first set 6-4.

Come on Fish!

Tsonga winning means Federer probably losing which means Djokovic not losing which further means Nadal losing (if he makes it to the final) so...come on Fish!

I take it the inevitable Murray/Djoko final isn't getting your juices flowing?

If it's Murray in the final then I want djoko to make it through. If it's Nadal then anyone but Novak please!

Fish takes the second set :)

Men's
Great match between Tsonga vs Fish and to be honest no one derserves to lose this match but life's no walk in the park......Tsonga beats Fish 6-4 6-7 3-6 6-4 6-2

Women's
Petkovic beats Suarez-Navarro 6-1 6-4

So its Federer and Tsonga again. Hopefully it will be a good match and Tsonga won't be too tired after his 5 setter today.

Avram Grant in the stands. Is he a tennis fan?

GUZ5V.png

Wozzy vs Kuzetsova is a see saw battle.

And Fed will probably end up coming on court around midnight.

Fed was magnificent against the rather...rubbish Monaco.

Hopefully he can beat Tsonga as well now.

Yeah Fed wrapped it up in 82 minutes bloody hell :lol:

Anyway lots of rain right now so the start is delayed :mad:

Just brilliant. First the cricket match and now the tennis.

Just before going off to college, yeah. How much ever I can.

Was watching the Fed match in the college canteen today and the Wozzy match at home before leaving :D

There is some space that needs attacking there. Good job Boss is all over it.

"Today’s weather forecast calls for intermittent drizzle with some possible periods of dryness this afternoon."

Just feck off :(

Why can't they get a retractable roof like Wimbledon?

So what time will federer's match begin?

It says 7pm the evening session starts. Which is 430 am here, but theres a woman's match before that so I'm thinking 6 am. Any Indians can confirm that?

Pretty sure the hot ball girls are from the Madrid masters.

Nadal Muller is under way. The only way Muller wins points is when he gets that big serve in for an ace or a huge serve.

Big servers :mad:

Sigh. Yet another poor start. Embarrassingly broken to love and now 3-0 down.

It's been hard watching Nadal play post Wimbledon.

Thanks for ignoring my query wr8.

Anyways I guess I won't be waking up early for that given its raining again and there's no way it will happen on time.

Haha sorry.

Ok Federer is the last of 4 matches on Ashe today and plus he's second in the night session so I doubt he's going to be playing any time before around 8 our time...if he plays at all.

Oh and Nadal's not happy at all.
Twitter:
Nadal is leaving the court, apparently told Brian Earley "It's the same old story, all you think about is money."

Atleast one hour till play can restart.

Andy, Andy and Nadal were all extremely pissed at having to go out and play in the wet and slippery conditions. The scheduling and organization at the USO is a joke.

Atleast one hour till play can restart.

Andy, Andy and Nadal were all extremely pissed at having to go out and play in the wet and slippery conditions. The scheduling and organization at the USO is a joke.

Top marks for putting it across like that.

The three of them being interviewed now. They're not happy at all at being called to play for 10 mins in these conditions.

Andy Murray tells ESPN back of court "soaking wet" when started: "Players want to play more than anyone, expect when it's dangerous."

Rafael Nadal now on ESPN. Tells Pam Shriver tournament too focused on money, not players and their safety: "We don't feel protected."

Andy Roddick: "If it's up for discussion if the courts are playable or not then they're probably not ... The players must feel safe."

More from the players...........

Andy Murray: "It's dangerous. The lines get really slippy. Players want to play more than anyone, but not when it's dangerous. The back of the court was soaking and the balls were wet too. Everyone mentioned it to the officials but they said it was fine. It didn't make sense to go out on court for seven or eight minutes and then come back inside. It won't happen again today."

Rafael Nadal: "We don't want to go on court if it is raining. If I have to go on court, I go on court, but I think it's not fair. We are not protected. There is a lot of money at the Grand Slams but we are part of the show. They are just working for that and not for us. It was still raining when they called us on court. The rain never really stopped, the courts were not dry. I know the fans are there but the health of the players is important."

Andy Roddick: "I think if it's up for discussion if the court's playable or not, then it's not playable. Walking out there it was still misting. The back of the courts were still wet. We wanted to make it known we didn't want to be put in that position. I certainly understand they need to put tennis on TV, I understand the business side of it as well, but players need to feel comfortable and safe. To [tournament referee] Brian Earley's credit, when we did go in there he listened to us. He was very nice in the conversation."

When you see Murray doing these interviews with his mates you wish he'd be a bit more open more often. He comes across extremely well.