Obama or McCain/Democrat or Republican..you decide

• McCain

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 173 92.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's gonna be live on the CNN website.

Shame I cant watch it though, it's 10.30pm and I already had my milk and cookies.

I wouldn't expect much from this really. From what I've heard both sides have agreed on a format whereby there isn't really any interaction between the two they are just posed questions by a host. They'll probably both know what's going to come up and will have prepared answers for them. Still Palin is that fecking stupid she'll probably slip up somewhere!

Republicans are complaining that the moderator being black will be biased against Palin...guess Democrats should be worried, Brokow being white will be biased against Obama... :nervous:

No. they're actually complaining that she wrote a book about black polticians and might have a bias toward the demos ticket. I'm going out on a limb and saying if, I don't know......Karl Rove was the moderator, you'd be making excuses already. I'd say lets see how she treats them then decide if she shows a bias.

If anyone stays up until 2am to watch this, they need a hobby/girlfriend.

Isn't it three hours too, I mean fun watch it in the morning, I mean it's not like they arent gonna analyze for hours on television this weekend, cocksucker the Office isnt on tonite, feck this debate

Isn't it three hours too, I mean fun watch it in the morning, I mean it's not like they arent gonna analyze for hours on television this weekend, cocksucker the Office isnt on tonite, feck this debate

I think it's 90 minutes. But there will be endless hours of analyzation after. And if either one makes anything remotely interesting/funny/feck up it will be on for weeks.

The book is about black political structure of the civil rights movement and Obama is feature of course because he is the first black person to feature on a major ticket.

The media are goign to be watching on for errors and i imagine they could well both drop some clangers, juat a question of how bad.

Mind you there are probably lower expectations for Palin now, particularly with her build up to the debate in recent weeks with media interviews and such.

How much of the debate is expected to be focused on foreign policy do we know?

The book is about black political structure of the civil rights movement and Obama is feature of course because he is the first black person to feature on a major ticket.

"The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama."

More than 'a feature'!!!

That said, she's only moderating. And its all there for people to witness live and judge for themselves how fair the debate is. Just the usual scare-mongering, getting the excuses in early

"The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama."

More than 'a feature'!!!

That said, she's only moderating. And its all there for people to witness live and judge for themselves how fair the debate is. Just the usual scare-mongering, getting the excuses in early

I get what your saying his name in the title, but she does highlight other prominent black politicians the book is not just about Obama. He is the first one to cross and resonate with white America.

Bah they need to piss off with this British summer time bullshit. I originally thought the debate was at 1am my time, then I learnt it was at 1am GMT, which now I learn isn't until 2am BST, which is still another bloody hour away :wenger:

THAT is retarded...

More like, if you love your country and use the words 'politics' and 'Palan' in a single sentence then you're got a hole in your soul and you have surpassed your stupidity by voting for Georgie Bush.... twice.

Even more, when Congress is done fecking around with this economic Bill... they should pass a law forbidding people to use those two words together, punishable by forcing violators to live with Sarah and her fecked up children at her mountain lodge for one year.:wenger:

And you will have to suffer everday as Sarah points to her pitcure window and says, 'Thhhat's Russia outside thhhat wind0000w.', all day long - only you will not be expecting it. Trust me - it will be worse than chinese water-torture.

No chance of sentence reduction!:p

You obviously missed the point.

Biden is talking tough on Pakistan, just like Obama; why do people want to vote for these guys, war with Pakistan would be more of a headache than Iraq and Afghanistan combined

No. they're actually complaining that she wrote a book about black polticians and might have a bias toward the demos ticket. I'm going out on a limb and saying if, I don't know......Karl Rove was the moderator, you'd be making excuses already. I'd say lets see how she treats them then decide if she shows a bias.

I didn't worry when I saw it but I'm sure some did. The only real bias I've witnessed is The View and how nice and complementary they were towards Obama and how they pretty much attacked McCain. It was sickening to see such biasness. Think even Letterman made a mockery of it.

I didn't worry when I saw it but I'm sure some did. The only real bias I've witnessed is The View and how nice and complementary they were towards Obama and how they pretty much attacked McCain. It was sickening to see such biasness. Think even Letterman made a mockery of it.

Those types of shows don't bother me, just like Oprah or Letterman. They are opinion shows or "entertainment". If they were trying to pitch themselves as journalist sources I'd have a problem with it.

Those types of shows don't bother me, just like Oprah or Letterman. They are opinion shows or "entertainment". If they were trying to pitch themselves as journalist sources I'd have a problem with it.

Thing is these shows of this nature and celebrity types do believe their opinion means it all, they do reach a wide audience, and will go on Larry King and other media sources spreading their opinion. And there are many idiots out there that buy into some celebrity's opinion. Simple minded people I guess.

BTW, is Couric keeping her emotions in check this time around? She was all anti-Bush/anti-Republican the last time.

She's done ok to be fair, although its so obvious her answers are pre rehearsed spiels. Some of the content is laughable, and she fluffed all over the place over foreign policy questions. She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about

That said, Biden doesn't half waffle on! But at least he actually bothers to try and answer the question posed. Palin said early on she didn't care what the questions were, she just wanted to speak directly to the American public!!! Although if he flashed me that cheesy white smile in a dark back street, I'd be crapping myself