Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

He reads the last 10 pages of the Transfer Tweets thread and then regurgitates it back with a slight twist to make himself sound prescient. This guy should be on the blacklist.

The fact that he got an interview with Lukaku before anyone else this summer probably means he has some connections in the game. Also gets quiet a lot of football people on his podcast. Tancredi on the other hand..

State funded PSG and Citeh are competley taking the piss out of FFP so much so that even the established order (us, Barca, real etc) can't compete financially. It is especially bullsh1t when you know City can't fill their stadium but somehow reported like 98% attendance with growing revenues and announce silly sponsorship deals -all Arab based.

That being said LOL. Barca and Real have openly tapped up players for years! Even trying to poach veretti only weeks before. Karma!

Did you just go into my brain and write out my opinion on this?! Lol. I don't know about PSG but City are definitely a joke.

Philip de Brun, has he ever got anything right? Even a broken clock tells the right time twice, but this guy is a complete loon, on trancendi levels.

Philip de Brun, it's like he thinks he has enough contacts in the game to be the first person to interview our new £75m signing.

Wait a minute...

Philip de Brun, has he ever got anything right? Even a broken clock tells the right time twice, but this guy is a complete loon, on trancendi levels.
Was first on the Matic deal being imminent afew days back.

Got Pogba right. Said in late 2016 that we were after Griezmann and the board thought it was wrapped up. Got Matic right as well. Gets a lot right in fairness to him. Has a tendancy to talk a lot of shite on twitter, but he tends to have a think before hand when he's does his podcast.

For me, Brown is worth posting. He's had enough right in the past to be worthy of a discussion.

Was first on the Matic deal being imminent afew days back.

No he wasn't. I'd read a few newspaper articles proclaiming it nearly done around an hour before he said anything.

I think the Bale thing could be us showing how we will deal with Madrid from now on if we are interested in a player. The player will have to push for the move, we are not gonna dither about with Perez.

Psg can sell to balance the equation or be in limits.
Perhaps but it will take a lot of selling to balance. Ultimately they have already fallen foul of FFP rules so should be treated with some degree of suspicion in pulling off such a deal.
Clubs like Bayern and United don't need to make a statement in the market and market their brand spending ridiculous money who has never played in England before and still would be behind the two world's best players.
Come on. United did just this last season with Pogba and Griezmann would have been a similar statement. Word is we were interested but not at the buyout fee level.

If Mourinho doesn't keep players who express their need to leave, are you suggesting Dave sabotaged his own move ? Tan-tan-taaaaan !
No I squarely say Real are 100% to blame and the evidence says the same.

As for Jose he has always said he will NOT keep a player who is not happy at a club.

If Mourinho doesn't keep players who express their need to leave, are you suggesting Dave sabotaged his own move ? Tan-tan-taaaaan !

I don´t think he wanted to leave he´s a Athletico boy at heart i think it was more pressure from his fame seeking gf that was pushing for the move and a lot of Madrid supporters has that suspicion

Which outlets were they If you don't mind me asking?

Not particularly reliable ones as far as I remember. One of them was definitely from the Daily Mail because I recall feeling incredibly dirty for opening a link to their website. I assume they picked the story up from elsewhere as the less reputable journalists often do.

Not particularly reliable ones as far as I remember. One of them was definitely from the Daily Mail because I recall feeling incredibly dirty for opening a link to their website. I assume they picked the story up from elsewhere as the less reputable journalists often do.
The Daily Mail do have some very good Journos. I normally keep upto date with United news or try to, especially when it's the summer transfer window. I can't remember anyone else bar Phil Brown saying we were very close to getting Matic and it should be done in a few days.

Problem with Neymar is that I can't imagine PSG being able to afford this without exploiting loopholes in the FFP rules, in other words cheating. If they can do this, then FFP is officially a farce, if it wasn't already.

why would United ask Bale to tell Madrid that he wants to leave when Bale's representative said he's perfectly happy to be there
Again, where's the contradiction? According to Pilib, we asked him to tell them he wants out if he wants to join us. His agent says he's happy there. Makes perfect sense. He's said no to us.

Leicester's championship-winning side were, on average, 5ft 11in across the board. Antonio Conte's Chelsea were around the 6ft mark.

So, if United are to be champions, they will be the tallest in at least three years to do so.

That's some extensive research right there..

The Daily Mail do have some very good Journos. I normally keep upto date with United news or try to, especially when it's the summer transfer window. I can't remember anyone else bar Phil Brown saying we were very close to getting Matic and it should be done in a few days.

Here's the article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Jose-Mourinho-set-Nemanja-Matic-reunion.html

It rather helpfully confirms it was released at 10:30 pm on the 29th which was 15 minutes before Phil Brown tweeted about it.

Again, where's the contradiction? According to Pilib, we asked him to tell them he wants out if he wants to join us. His agent says he's happy there. Makes perfect sense. He's said no to us.
eh?

4 days ago his agent said he was happy there saying the rumours of him leaving were 'ridiculous' and 'stupid'

why on Earth then would United, bearing in mind these comments from his paid representative who would profit greatly from any transfer, be telling Bale to ask to leave? was his agent not clear enough?

hence the fact the suggestion of the tweet is most likely nonsense

it's like going up to a girl, asking her out and she responds by saying sorry mate, I have a boyfriend I love and I'm not interested.

you are gonna respond by saying ok tell him it's over are ya?

Pogba's height is not accurate. He is around 192-193. Taller than Lukaku and it's very obvious.

The part about Matic could be true. There were murmurs that he was looking to leave even last season.

eh?

4 days ago his agent said he was happy there saying the rumours of him leaving were 'ridiculous' and 'stupid'

why on Earth then would United, bearing in mind these comments from his paid representative who would profit greatly from any transfer, be telling Bale to ask to leave? was his agent not clear enough?

hence the fact the suggestion of the tweet is most likely nonsense

it's like going up to a girl, asking her out and she responds by saying sorry mate, I have a boyfriend I love and I'm not interested.

you are gonna respond by saying ok tell him it's over are ya?
What are you talking about? The tweet could have been referencing something that happened weeks ago. Just because he tweeted it today, doesn't mean it happened today. It's not a hard concept.

What are you talking about? The tweet could have been referencing something that happened weeks ago. Just because he tweeted it today, doesn't mean it happened today. It's not a hard concept.
I'm talking about the tweet

talked about Matic in past tense

talked about Bale in present tense

it's the obvious way to interpret the tweet and what the guy means

Phil said it should be done in afew days. Where as the article from the Daily Mail states he will sign by next week. Wouldn't you say Phil Brown was more accurate?

There is no doubt in my mind that BP is ITK. I also think he hedges his bets sometimes just like everyone else.

All these comments about him knowing feck all are stupid quite frankly. It's clear as day he has contacts in the game.

There is no doubt in my mind that BP is ITK. I also think he hedges his bets sometimes just like everyone else.

All these comments about him knowing feck all are stupid quite frankly. It's clear as day he has contacts in the game.
It's just the sheer ignorance I have a issue with.