Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

:lol:

I know shite source & all but that's funny, given Barcelona was quite open unsettling Verratti just earlier...

So Barca illegally try and unsettle Verratti despite being warned, get rejected then PSG talk to Neymar (who has a clause) and at the same time Barca are trying to unsettle Coutinho and they lose their shit. How glorious to see them taste their own medicine and hate it. They will never learn though. Vile club.

Seems to me that we might be seeing more and more of this and will see the small clubs become like the development system that they have in the US in Baseball and to some extent Hockey. Each "big club" will own a series of small clubs around the world and use them to store players for future use/sale. Also makes a nice way to funnel money into the coffers of the big club or at least remove expenses off the books.

They should sound out Liverpool. After getting Suarez from them and threatening to get Coutinho, I'm sure Liverpool will be very very sympathetic. They won't laugh their arses off, no sir.

Seriously what an absolute joke. If clubs were to unite against the practices of purchasing clubs it would be against the unsettling of players with the sole intent of reducing the asking price, prior to any official bids being made. Guess who'd be the number one candidate for that... Barcelona.

PSG have acted correctly. They've sounded out the player who is interested in the move so are going to pay his buyout clause. The haven't told him to hand in a transfer request, they haven't told him to refuse to play to force the issue, they haven't had his International teammates put pressure on him during interviews or even force him to wear their shirt in public, they haven't been leaking things to the media with a view to unsettling the player; and they haven't low-balled the selling club after this knowing the player will reject larger offers from other prospective clubs.

The adage of pointing a finger at someone else and having 3 pointing back at ones self comes to mind.

I guarantee United, Madrid and Bayern will be all over this. if you look past the irony of Barca complaining about a player being signed they do have a legitimate point that this goes against the very nature of FFP.

Psg can sell to balance the equation or be in limits.

Those clauses have always been made ridiculously high so that technically they are available (to comply with Spanish law) but no one ever triggers it. Now you have a club in Ligue 1 who is going to smash the transfer record by over twice what it currently is when clubs like United or Bayern couldn't get close to paying that figure.

Clubs like Bayern and United don't need to make a statement in the market and market their brand spending ridiculous money who has never played in England before and still would be behind the two world's best players.

Seriously what an absolute joke. If clubs were to unite against the practices of purchasing clubs it would be against the unsettling of players with the sole intent of reducing the asking price, prior to any official bids being made. Guess who'd be the number one candidate for that... Barcelona.

PSG have acted correctly. They've sounded out the player who is interested in the move so are going to pay his buyout clause. The haven't told him to hand in a transfer request, they haven't told him to refuse to play to force the issue, they haven't had his International teammates put pressure on him during interviews or even force him to wear their shirt in public, they haven't been leaking things to the media with a view to unsettling the player; and they haven't low-balled the selling club after this knowing the player will reject larger offers from other prospective clubs.

The adage of pointing a finger at someone else and having 3 pointing back at ones self comes to mind.

The rumours are that its actually Neymar's entourage that sounded out PSG to see whether they would be interested. PSG then jumped at the chance.

That's the stupidest shit I ever heard. I really dislike Barca.

So Barca illegally try and unsettle Verratti despite being warned, get rejected then PSG talk to Neymar (who has a clause) and at the same time Barca are trying to unsettle Coutinho and they lose their shit. How glorious to see them taste their own medicine and hate it. They will never learn though. Vile club.
Pretty much this. What PSG are doing is more about sending out a strong message to any team that thinks they can be bullied into selling players. Notice how quiet it's gone on the Verratti front :lol:

Though the words gets misused a lot on here, but what Barca are doing is both "embarrassing and cringey".

Just take it on the chin and move on.

Those clauses have always been made ridiculously high so that technically they are available (to comply with Spanish law) but no one ever triggers it. Now you have a club in Ligue 1 who is going to smash the transfer record by over twice what it currently is when clubs like United or Bayern couldn't get close to paying that figure.
But if the deal is spread out over the term of the deal then yes those clubs could afford it.

Also gets around ffp.

Psg can sell to balance the equation or be in limits.
Easily because they are selling a higher class of player that any club would want. Others are scrabbling about to get rid of players for peanuts, even Bayern have had to loan a couple out.

Amazed that Barca haven't asked them to throw in Veratti for them to keep quiet.

The rumours are that its actually Neymar's entourage that sounded out PSG to see whether they would be interested. PSG then jumped at the chance.

They're even more squeaky clean then!

Easily because they are selling a higher class of player that any club would want. Others are scrabbling about to get rid of players for peanuts, even Bayern have had to loan a couple out.

Amazed that Barca haven't asked them to throw in Veratti for them to keep quiet.

Money talks , if psg are offering him more than barcelona and yet getting Neymar why would he go there.

Madrid barcelona got players because they spent the biggest back then which is not the case anymore .

Money talks , if psg are offering him more than barcelona and yet getting Neymar why would he go there.

Madrid barcelona got players because they spent the biggest back then which is not the case anymore .
Madrid have spent money and have strength in most positions. Barcelona have bent over backwards for the front three and were lucky for a while with their academy. Now they realise that there are gaping gaps in the team. They either have to spend big on quality, if they don't have the money then sorry they will be better selling Neymar. They are saying Valverde thinks they have too many midfielders so Andre Gomes might be sold to strengthen the side. How far will the proceeds of that sale get them?

State funded PSG and Citeh are competley taking the piss out of FFP so much so that even the established order (us, Barca, real etc) can't compete financially. It is especially bullsh1t when you know City can't fill their stadium but somehow reported like 98% attendance with growing revenues and announce silly sponsorship deals -all Arab based.

That being said LOL. Barca and Real have openly tapped up players for years! Even trying to poach veretti only weeks before. Karma!

That thing about Barcelona wanting to unite with other clubs against PSG is truly embarrassing if true.

That thing about Barcelona wanting to unite with other clubs against PSG is truly embarrassing if true.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a host of clubs willing to follow Barca, I know it sounds cringey as feck, but I bet you Bayern, United, Arsenal etc are all on board with their concerns over the spending of artificially rich clubs, I don't like Barca and their antics myself, but the two big clubs in Spain usual set their buyout clauses stupidly high (€220m is if we're all being honest) and having a club willing to pay that when their revenue stream couldn't possibly allow them to do so.