Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Palace linked now. Having checked what the Watford fans think of their team I think Palace would be a better move for Timbo tbh. Good for him to link up with de Boer as well since he was managing Ajax when Fosu-Mensah was in their academy. Frank has a good reputation for giving youth players minutes and seems to be doing that at Palace already.

EDIT: This is referring to a loan move not a permanent move.

This would be a great fit for TFM with De Boer there.

Sorry, too 2012 for me.

dd-composite-bale.jpg

TFM on loan to Watford OR Palace, I'd be happy with. His game-time is gonna be limited and he's currently too raw to be starting many games for us. Ideal.

We chased Morata (that was the 2nd longest saga, I think, which we had earlier this Summer.
After we got Lukaku (for which there was no saga), CFC got Morata (quickly, with no saga).

We then had the (short saga) of Ronaldo to MUFC. "Ronaldo informs agent - get me to MUFC". That died a natural death.

Then lets not forget the Perisic saga, which I believe is the longest saga of the Summer, which as yet, is still limping along, slowly moving towards it's death.

And finally, we have the latest saga of BALE TO MUFC!!!
Do I believe this? Nope. Bale does not want to join MUFC. He stated this, via his agent about a week ago.
If he does leave Madrid, it will be under the same conditions that Di Maria left, basically being shoved out of the door and really unhappy at the prospect of joining a new club. And we all remember how that one worked out.

When papers have nothing to report, they make up stories like this. Once the season starts, I think these silly stories which are made to sell papers, will stop, because there is actual football to watch and talk about.

He needs a loan move to gain experience. He also needs to concentrate on 1 position to help him master that position instead. I feel last season was wasted when he could have been gaining experience elsewhere, same for Tuanzebe and McTominay.

I think sometimes it's hard to weigh up at a very young age whether it's better to go on loan or stay at the club for a bit.

Stay at Utd - they can control his training and make sure it suits what role they see him playing in the future, he's training daily with better players, better coaches and with a better manager, but not much actual game-time.

Go on loan - Likely a lot more minutes on the pitch, but training likely won't be tailored to the way United want him to develop as a player.

I mean he's still only 19, he's had a full year training with the first team every day now, so maybe now he can go out on loan with a better idea of how United want him to develop whilst he's playing elsewhere for a season.

To be fair, United have spent big. Our problem has been too much money wasted on wrong transfer targets. Basically not choosing the right managers and then having to correct wrongs into rights. We just have to hope Jose is getting this corrected.

3 disastrous years in terms of waste of money and lack of success prior to last season.

Slightly harsh. You look at the full team weve bought since Fergie retired and it looks pretty good value for money:

Romero - Free, TFM - Nominal, Bailly - £30m, Lindelof £31m, Rojo £16m, Herrera £30m, Matic £35m, Pogba £86m, Martial £36m Lukaku £75m, Mkhitaryan £30m.

Darmian, Mata and Blind are also valuable players to have in the squad.

Of course there are notable flops - we lost around £15m on ADM, £10m in Depay and £7m on Schneiderlin. Likewise the money invested on Shaw, Fellaini & Schweinsteiger was either partly or wholly wasted in relation to their contribution.

However our hit rate on the whole hadn't been bad in relation to other teams.

The problem was needing to replace a full squad in 4 years (rather than maybe 2 players a year).

Because Kelechi would get very little game time at City this season and likely the seasons after that as Gabriel Jesus is the better player and is younger. Perhaps they should have loaned him out and then judged at the end of the season if they could fit him into the team, but reportedly they are looking to make a fair bit of money back from sales this summer and the players they expected to make a fair bit from aren't in demand. Having a sell-back is smart business either way, as if he proves to be worth £50m+ in the future, they'll have an option to buy him back, like Madrid did with Morata.

I am surprised they did not loan him to their spanish team. Maybe trying to balance the books a bit?

He literally is, it's public knowledge about his little text stunt. Diego Costa and his entourage are furious about it and want to leave so just let him go.

They think they can get 50 million for him even after the whole world found out he wasn't in Conte's plans, which is ridiculous. Now they'll probably sell him on the cheap at the end of the window because they cannot afford to let him stay and no club would meet their current demands.

They think they can get 50 million for him even after the whole world found out he wasn't in Conte's plans, which is ridiculous. Now they'll probably sell him on the cheap at the end of the window because they cannot afford to let him stay and no club would meet their current demands.
Yeah they really messed up there barging power with it all been in the public. I can't see what could have been gained by the text message regardless of what they said in January, maybe one-upmanship. If Costa is even half as cantankerous in off the pitch as he is on the pitch then that is obviously going to get his back up.

With him wanting to go to Athletico, they are in the box seat as they can wait until the end of the transfer window for the price to come down as he can't play until Jan. No way Chelsea want him stinking out the dressing room until January. The'll probably get him for £20-25m.

Yeah they really messed up there barging power with it all been in the public. I can't see what could have been gained by the text message regardless of what they said in January, maybe one-upmanship. If Costa is even half as cantankerous in off the pitch as he is on the pitch then that is obviously going to get his back up.

With him wanting to go to Athletico, they are in the box seat as they can wait until the end of the transfer window for the price to come down as he can't play until Jan. No way Chelsea want him stinking out the dressing room until January. The'll probably get him for £20-25m.

Yep, that's my prediction as well.

Jurgen Klopp failed with an attempt to sign Luke Shaw for Liverpool this summer, according to reports.

The Sun claims the 22-year-old was on Liverpool’s shortlist as they looked to strengthen at left-back and Klopp was keeping tabs on Shaw’s situation having fallen out of favour with Jose Mourinho last season.
But Manchester United refused to sell their £27 million signing from Southampton and Liverpool ended up signing Andrew Robertson from Hull City in a deal which could rise to £10m.

The Sun also claims that Shaw’s position at United remains uncertain and the defender is concerned he will not be a first-team regular under Mourinho when he returns to full fitness.
Shaw is currently recovering from damaged ankle ligaments and will miss the start of the new Premier League campaign.

Last season, Mourinho openly criticsed Shaw on several occasions and even suggested that the defender was only playing well because of the instructions he was receiving from the touchline.

‘I told Luke Shaw his performance was good, but it was good because he was on my side,’ Mourinho said in April.

‘I was thinking for him and leading his performance.

‘If he was on the other side it would not be the same and at this level it is not possible.’

We chased Morata (that was the 2nd longest saga, I think, which we had earlier this Summer.
After we got Lukaku (for which there was no saga), CFC got Morata (quickly, with no saga).

We then had the (short saga) of Ronaldo to MUFC. "Ronaldo informs agent - get me to MUFC". That died a natural death.

Then lets not forget the Perisic saga, which I believe is the longest saga of the Summer, which as yet, is still limping along, slowly moving towards it's death.

And finally, we have the latest saga of BALE TO MUFC!!!
Do I believe this? Nope. Bale does not want to join MUFC. He stated this, via his agent about a week ago.
If he does leave Madrid, it will be under the same conditions that Di Maria left, basically being shoved out of the door and really unhappy at the prospect of joining a new club. And we all remember how that one worked out.

When papers have nothing to report, they make up stories like this. Once the season starts, I think these silly stories which are made to sell papers, will stop, because there is actual football to watch and talk about.

You like the word "saga" a lot.

Emre Mor agrees terms with Inter Milan. The offer from Inter is a loan for 2 million euros with a buyout clause of 10 million euros (plus possible bonus) and it will tied to the number of appearances.

Chicken feed that. Easy punt.

Yes an FFP investigation and a transfer ban!

Both PSG and City received fines for breaching FFP rules only a few years ago clearly wasn't a big enough deterrent because both of them are at it again this summer.

Walker, Ederson, Mendy, Danilo, Silva, and that other one Douglas Luiz. Six fecking arrivals (never mind whatever youth his has at his disposal) and he wants more.

He's hardly doing much to silence the notion he's just a bloke in the right place at the right time with Barca. Big Sam could genuinely challenge with this side he's building.

I have a feeling that Pep's next job will be at PSG, because its going to be much easier for him to build a squad there and showcase his 'brilliance'.

Think it might be another defender left back Ryan Bertrand or Virgil van Dijk

Feature of all Pep's team is wing backs and he is looking for lot younger players than he had
in those positions last season and probably hoping if he gets Bertrand so
they can share the load more and his teams don't burn out to quickly.

Even against us at OT after out playing in first half his team was tiring all second half and
we should have got a draw as his wing backs wlted.

Was something LVG did a lot substituting full backs

if he is happy with his 3 full backs then he probably wants Virgil so he can play three at the back
wtih defenders he can trust and incase Kompany gets injured