Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Think Leicester have messed up by agreeing to that buy back clause. If he does well City will prob bring him back in a couple years. It's not even a high clause. They could have put it at £100m or something close to that at least. Make it difficult for City ffs

Think Leicester have messed up by agreeing to that buy back clause. If he does well City will prob bring him back in a couple years. It's not even a high clause. They could have put it at £100m or something close to that at least. Make it difficult for City ffs

They can't really 'make it difficult' for them when City have to agree with it. If Leicester wanted it at a ridiculous amount, City would just say no and try and sell him elsewhere.

That's like their go to figure for transfers now.

Why have they sold a 20yr old who they can think can potentially be a 50m player in the near future? Shocking stuff.

They can't really 'make it difficult' for them when City have to agree with it. If Leicester wanted it at a ridiculous amount, City would just say no and try and sell him elsewhere.

I know they realistically couldn't. Just hurts this as a deal massively imo. If he scored 15+ this season I wouldn't be surprised to see City just buy him back in the summer. I do think Leicester could have got a higher release clause put in if they stalled the deal but I understand they prob wanted him for start of season. Not sure how much competition there was to sign him.

I know they realistically couldn't. Just hurts this as a deal massively imo. If he scored 15+ this season I wouldn't be surprised to see City just buy him back in the summer. I do think Leicester could have got a higher release clause put in if they stalled the deal but I understand they prob wanted him for start of season. Not sure how much competition there was to sign him.
City just love forking £50m left and right. They are preparing for the near future to fork another 50.

Can't Kelechi still say no to going back? If he does well and other teams are in for him he might not really feel like going back to City, where there will always be a lot of competition.

Can't Kelechi still say no to going back? If he does well and other teams are in for him he might not really feel like going back to City, where there will always be a lot of competition.

Yep, player still has the decision in his hands. Difficult to see him turning down the money City would offer him though and don't really think Leicester could compete. If they do come in for him and he refuses to leave fair play to him. Realistically I think it's unlikely he'd refuse to go back though.

It would be interesting if another club were willing to offer say £70m and Leicester managed to convince him to join that club instead. Could possibly see that happening. Still not the ideal situation for Leicester though

SkySports -
  • We're told talks are on-going between Monaco and Arsenal over the transfer of Thomas Lemar. Arsenal have already had two bids of £30m and £40m rejected and the Ligue 1 side are thought to be holding out for £50m.
  • Our Sky colleagues in Italy are telling us Gaston Ramirez has passed his medical ahead of his £8.2m move to Sampdoria. We're told the deal is close but not yet done. Middlesbrough manager Garry Monk confirmed yesterday that permission had been granted for the player to speak to the Serie A club.
  • Yesterday there were reports that Bournemouth had a bid of £20m rejected for Leicester's Demarai Gray. Bournemouth have since said that this was not the case. They did, though, try to sign the England Under-21 international before he joined Leicester from Birmingham.
  • There have been reports overnight that Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend is a target for Stoke manager Mark Hughes. Sources close to the player have told us this morning that there has been no contact between the two clubs.

SkySports -
  • We're told talks are on-going between Monaco and Arsenal over the transfer of Thomas Lemar. Arsenal have already had two bids of £30m and £40m rejected and the Ligue 1 side are thought to be holding out for £50m.
  • Our Sky colleagues in Italy are telling us Gaston Ramirez has passed his medical ahead of his £8.2m move to Sampdoria. We're told the deal is close but not yet done. Middlesbrough manager Garry Monk confirmed yesterday that permission had been granted for the player to speak to the Serie A club.
  • Yesterday there were reports that Bournemouth had a bid of £20m rejected for Leicester's Demarai Gray. Bournemouth have since said that this was not the case. They did, though, try to sign the England Under-21 international before he joined Leicester from Birmingham.
  • There have been reports overnight that Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend is a target for Stoke manager Mark Hughes. Sources close to the player have told us this morning that there has been no contact between the two clubs.

The ongoing Lemar to Arsenal talk worries me I'd be gutted if he went there he's one we should definitely be looking at if not he can stay at Monaco.

Why have they sold a 20yr old who they can think can potentially be a 50m player in the near future? Shocking stuff.
Have you seen their frontline? It's a variation on a loan, with the difference being that it has an in-built 25M reward for developing the player to the level he should reach easily if given game time.

How cringe worthy are PSG

Are you joking? Every team on the planet would be acting the same, I don't blame them for being very giddy.

Indeed.
If I were in charge of a club and we'd just signed Neymar and also broke the transfer record, I'd be shouting from the rooftops.
I'd say that PSG are not shouting about it loud enough!
In any business, if you have a brand new (top quality) product (which Neymar is), shout about it, as loud as you can. PSG need new fans/supporters and this could go a long way to addressing that.

I only wish that it was us who had signed him up.

Because Kelechi would get very little game time at City this season and likely the seasons after that as Gabriel Jesus is the better player and is younger. Perhaps they should have loaned him out and then judged at the end of the season if they could fit him into the team, but reportedly they are looking to make a fair bit of money back from sales this summer and the players they expected to make a fair bit from aren't in demand. Having a sell-back is smart business either way, as if he proves to be worth £50m+ in the future, they'll have an option to buy him back, like Madrid did with Morata.

Rincon will probably choose Valencia.

Not fact based, just that Rincon is Spanish for 'corner'.

They had no choice really if they wanted the player. City were only ever going to sell him with the buy back clause.

Palace linked now. Having checked what the Watford fans think of their team I think Palace would be a better move for Timbo tbh. Good for him to link up with de Boer as well since he was managing Ajax when Fosu-Mensah was in their academy. Frank has a good reputation for giving youth players minutes and seems to be doing that at Palace already.

EDIT: This is referring to a loan move not a permanent move.

Last edited:
The ongoing Lemar to Arsenal talk worries me I'd be gutted if he went there he's one we should definitely be looking at if not he can stay at Monaco.

If they get him and keep Sanchez, I see them finishing above us again.

Palace linked now. Having checked what the Watford fans think of their team I think Palace would be a better move for Timbo tbh. Good for him to link up with de Boer as well since he was managing Ajax when Fosu-Mensah was in their academy. Frank has a good reputation for giving youth players minutes and seems to be doing that at Palace already.

He needs a loan move to gain experience. He also needs to concentrate on 1 position to help him master that position instead. I feel last season was wasted when he could have been gaining experience elsewhere, same for Tuanzebe and McTominay.

De Boer has said that wants to implement a 3-4-3 at Palace. They don't really have a lot of RWB options for that though, could be interesting if Fosu-Mensah ends up there. Could be a good loan move for him.

He needs a loan move to gain experience. He also needs to concentrate on 1 position to help him master that position instead. I feel last season was wasted when he could have been gaining experience elsewhere, same for Tuanzebe and McTominay.

Not sure he'll be concentrating on 1 position. From what I gather Palace are badly lacking both a dm and rwb. Good chance he could also be used as a cb. I don't mind him playing different positions tbh, the important thing is that he would almost certainly get plenty of playing time if he went to Palace. Watford don't seem to need a rb or cm/dm so he would probably be stuck playing cb or lb there, if he even got game time at all.

De Boer has said that wants to implement a 3-4-3 at Palace. They don't really have a lot of RWB options for that though, could be interesting if Fosu-Mensah ends up there. Could be a good loan move for him.

Really don't see him as a RWB though I still feel he's a midfielder.

EDIT: This is referring to a loan move not a permanent move.

I'd be happy with this loan move. Premier league experience, under a Dutch manager who seems keen to use youth.

Given Valencia seems to be the concrete right back again this season, deservedly - I think it's best for him to go out on loan.

I doubt Madrid expected that Barca would have €220 mil in their pocket and a need to sign a superstar. Might well put them under pressure to speed up their pursuit which would play into our hands if its contingent on Bale leaving.

Not sure he'll be concentrating on 1 position. From what I gather Palace are badly lacking both a dm and rwb. Good chance he could also be used as a cb. I don't mind him playing different positions tbh, the important thing is that he would almost certainly get plenty of playing time if he went to Palace. Watford don't seem to need a rb or cm/dm so he would probably be stuck playing cb or lb there, if he even got game time at all.

I just feel we might turn him into another John O' Shea (not that it's bad), but I feel if he concentrated on 1 position he could reach his maximum potential.

I just feel we might turn him into another John O' Shea (not that it's bad), but I feel if he concentrated on 1 position he could reach his maximum potential.

He's still young. We can give him a set position if he comes back stronger. Right now I don't think Jose knows which position suits him best. If he performs well at Palace as a cm he might get some chances there for Utd.

I dont think Madrid need more funds to buy Mbappe, probably just squad space at least, most probably the first 11 space in which he supposedly requested before moving to any club. If Barca moves quickly for Mbappe, it could give United the advantage in the negotiating power for Bale. Then again, Dembele is still available and it might not give United any kind of advantage.

He is still very young. I think playing at RB and given the playing time, he could develop well as player as a whole, and maybe give him some tactical nous that would be needed if he plays at DM. Honestly, the last time he was given the chance to play at CM/DM, he looked totally lost to me. Didn't know who to mark, when to press. Probably due to rustiness, but he didn't look 'at home' there at the moment.

I don't think playing at RB would hinder his development at all. He has the physical attributes, but lack the mental part I think. I think Mou sees him similar to Essien, a physical monster, and a player well known to be admired by SAF himself, that played as DM as well as RB. For now, I would trust Mou's judgment regarding the player. I am just glad he is a United player, otherwise he would have cost at least 20 - 25 mil in todays silly market.

Given the extreme low quality of the Bale links and the high quality of Perisic links I would say we will sign PErisic and our window will be over, and that it will be sorted in the next 10 days or so