Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

:lol: Inter Milan legend? Dafaq? I dont think he is a legend for any of the clubs he played for let alone the one he didnt.

:lol: Inter Milan legend? Dafaq? I dont think he is a legend for any of the clubs he played for let alone the one he didnt.
He did play about 5 games there in his younger days. Can't have been more than 5 though :lol:

Jurgen Klopp failed with an attempt to sign Luke Shaw for Liverpool this summer, according to reports.

The Sun claims the 22-year-old was on Liverpool’s shortlist as they looked to strengthen at left-back and Klopp was keeping tabs on Shaw’s situation having fallen out of favour with Jose Mourinho last season.
But Manchester United refused to sell their £27 million signing from Southampton and Liverpool ended up signing Andrew Robertson from Hull City in a deal which could rise to £10m.

The Sun also claims that Shaw’s position at United remains uncertain and the defender is concerned he will not be a first-team regular under Mourinho when he returns to full fitness.
Shaw is currently recovering from damaged ankle ligaments and will miss the start of the new Premier League campaign.

Last season, Mourinho openly criticsed Shaw on several occasions and even suggested that the defender was only playing well because of the instructions he was receiving from the touchline.

‘I told Luke Shaw his performance was good, but it was good because he was on my side,’ Mourinho said in April.

‘I was thinking for him and leading his performance.

‘If he was on the other side it would not be the same and at this level it is not possible.’

I reckon Arsenal will try for him. They like signing our shite full backs

Perisic didn't seem very happy when he scored vs Chelski.
Transfer rumors dried up on our end. But there's still 4 weeks till the window closes. Ed could be cooking something, since Mourinho kept on insisting on 4th signing. I wonder how this will pan out. Keeping in mind that Neymar might have started a domino. Although I don't see Barca going for Mbappe. We might have a chance for Bale, but Mourinho denied that on few occasions. I really want to corner Jose and Ed and find out what's going on.

feckity feck feck feck. Why arent we in for him?

He has reportedly always had a preference for Spain and Barcelona in special.

I am puzzled as to why you ask a question like that, also I see so many asking the same question with Sanchez etc - it is quite simple, if we had a sniff that these players were willing to come here we would be all over them.

He has reportedly always had a preference for Spain and Barcelona in special.

I am puzzled as to why you ask a question like that, also I see so many asking the same question with Sanchez etc - it is quite simple, if we had a sniff that these players were willing to come here we would be all over them.
Sanchez has clearly rejected us before. So not even a question. Dembele hasnt. Sure he might have a preference of Spain but things dont workout then we could be a possibility is what I want to see.

Dembele looks a great talent but wouldn't act like he's a certainty to become the next big thing. A lot of players have looked like absolute gems at Dortmund. Gotze was rated even higher than Dembele when he was at Dortmund and that obviously didn't work out. Probably as good a replacement as Barca could hope to get but not sure he's ready to replace Neymar's goal contribution. Important signing for the future though no doubt.

Dembele has two established European giants in Spain fighting over him, where he can slot into their system and light up whatever side he's playing against. He isnt coming to us, who are on the re-build, so all this "Dembele>Peresic/Bale" stuff is irrelevant.