Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Mourinho seems quite inflexible in the transfer market. It's either someone from his shortlist, or no one.

That's the way it should be. Buying random players that dont fit a profile or style is not how good teams and squads are built. It's good that he knows what he wants in a player and how they fit into his way of playing. Buying a LW just because they play on the LW isn't going to cut it.

That's the way it should be. Buying random players that dont fit a profile or style is not how good teams and squads are built. It's good that he knows what he wants in a player and how they fit into his way of playing. Buying a LW just because they play on the LW isn't going to cut it.
Real Madrid don't bother buying players that fit a profile or style .
As far as I'm aware they buy all the best players in the world (available or not available) , put them straight into the team and usually win everything .

As far as I'm aware they buy all the best players in the world (available or not available) , put them straight into the team and usually win everything .

Are we going to ignore Barca's far more impressive period of dominance? Even if we are, this one example you have pales in comparison to examples set by the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and Mourinho himself in recent history.

Well this is just wrong. Madrids transfer strategy for the last 7 years or so has been absolutely spot on and seen them create a formidable team that has just won back to back CL's, that doesn't happen by buying random players. They have a strategy we could be copying to be honest. Dembele is a perfect example of a player that is an absolute must buy because in 2 years time £60-70m for him will look cheap.

Are we going to ignore Barca's far more impressive period of dominance? Even if we are, this one example you have pales in comparison to examples set by the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and Mourinho himself in recent history.
I'm not saying your wrong but not everything needs to be over thought .
If great players (established or with potential) become available and will take you to the next level then I don't see a problem with buying them !
Surely it's up to the manager to get the best out of him and fit him into his team .
Surely players like Dembele , bale , greizmann and mbappe for example would improve any side that are looking to upgrade in the positions that the above play in regardless of if they fit a profile or style .
IMO a profile or style is probably more suited to clubs shopping for talent a level below where we are currently at .

Dembele is a perfect example of a player that is an absolute must buy because in 2 years time £60-70m for him will look cheap.
You are never prying Dembele away with a bid of 60m, you have to be talking 100m in this market.

Well this is just wrong. Madrids transfer strategy for the last 7 years or so has been absolutely spot on and seen them create a formidable team that has just won back to back CL's, that doesn't happen by buying random players. They have a strategy we could be copying to be honest. Dembele is a perfect example of a player that is an absolute must buy because in 2 years time £60-70m for him will look cheap.
My main point was really aimed at an earlier post which the poster said we should be going for the targets of Madrid and Barca , instead of buying the players that Both Madrid and Barca don't want .
We're effectually "apparently " interested in everybody's cast offs to wedge up other teams to go for the primary targets .
Why not go for dembele ourselves !

If that's how you read the tweet, you need to read it again mate. That is harsh, harsh criticism of Barca. Check the thread. Excellent stuff.

What? That tweet thread is insanely critical of Barca. Like hilariously so.

I guess I got the wrong impression. I never opened the tweet to read rest of the replies.

To be fair, United have spent big. Our problem has been too much money wasted on wrong transfer targets. Basically not choosing the right managers and then having to correct wrongs into rights. We just have to hope Jose is getting this corrected.

3 disastrous years in terms of waste of money and lack of success prior to last season.

I don't know, Navas staying means tht Zidane is being handed the keys of the house.

Would seem so at the moment, nearly at the end of his 4th transfer window and the only real players of any significance they've bought are Morata (who then made a more newsworthy departure), Ceballos and Hernandez, and they're about £70m+ in net profit over that period, very un-Madrid like spending. Either something's got to give at the end of this window and they sign Mbappe or somebody at that level (and without selling one of Ronaldo, Bale or Benzema) or it would seem Perez has placed a lot of trust in Zidane enough to let him dictate transfer policy.

Probably for the best, really. He's done wonders in terms of results and achievements since he came in so why not? I do like the way they've been snapping up a lot of the best homegrown, La Liga and a few worldwide talents instead of blowing money on 'Galacticos' (even if Vinicius Junior is and always will be a ridiculous amount of money however he turns out).

You are never prying Dembele away with a bid of 60m, you have to be talking 100m in this market.
We really should be looking to bring this lad in, the next generation of world class talent is being snapped up by the big clubs and I expect mbappe and dembele to move this summer. we've already got martial and rashford but for me dembele represents a better investment (if under £100m) than any other wide player on the market, including bale.

I expect him to go to barcelona this summer and mbappe to go to madrid though.

We really should be looking to bring this lad in, the next generation of world class talent is being snapped up by the big clubs and I expect mbappe and dembele to move this summer. we've already got martial and rashford but for me dembele represents a better investment (if under £100m) than any other wide player on the market, including bale.

I expect him to go to barcelona this summer and mbappe to go to madrid though.
I would not necessarily disagree, but you have to be paying 100m+, if coutinho is quoted for over 100m then Dembele definitely will be at that level.

The trouble I have with Dembele is that we would again be changing our system for him. Jose seems to want to play 352, and Dembele would be wasted as a WB

I would not necessarily disagree, but you have to be paying 100m+, if coutinho is quoted for over 100m then Dembele definitely will be at that level.

The trouble I have with Dembele is that we would again be changing our system for him. Jose seems to want to play 352, and Dembele would be wasted as a WB

352 ain't our main system, we would be fluid all season playing different systems.

I think this what Jose was referring to saying how, neymar himself is worth the price of his transfer but how it entitles clubs to ask for more, and will lead to £100m becoming the norm, crazy really considering how little the likes of Dembele and mbappe have achieved.

I think we will play 3-5-2 against teams that sit back at old trafford and 4-3-3 against the bigger teams and in Europe. Either way, there arent many wide men who can fit both systems, perisic being the only obvious one.

I don't think we have realized the long term effect of this transfer just yet. Football is about to change forever and I predict we'll look back to this transfer as THE turning point.

In the short term, the ripple effects (in transfer terms) of this Neymar purchase will be massive. Barcelona has to replace Neymar; PSG has to sell to balance books; Madrid has to buy big to remain Madrid and further compete with Barcelona for the transfer spotlight. On the other hand, there are teams that will win or lose from the actions of Madrid, Barcelona and PSG. Maybe Monaco, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, BVB, Inter and City.

I hope United wins from all these but we need to be a bit more aggressive in the market for this to happen. We need to pounce. I hope that's what Ed is doing right now.

Inigo Martinez will go to Barcelona. Five year deal. They'll pay the clause.

Fair point, you know what I mean though he's the kind of profile we need to be signing regularly to get back to the top. Pogba is a perfect example of this also.

I don't know, Navas staying means tht Zidane is being handed the keys of the house.

I don't know, certainly would be a break with tradition for a Real manager to have that level of control. Or maybe they have learned their lesson.

Is there anything particularly audacious about spending 400million Arabian spondoolies on a football player? I find the cooing over PSG on this very strange. The whole thing is perverse.

Audacious as in no-one really expected them to be stupid/insane enough to try it. Either way its a big deal for them so you would imagine they will go all out with the unveiling/presentations etc. and justifiably so from their point of view.