Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Pfft. Everybody has some skeletons in their closets. Rather that, than this:

Let's not forget all the money they made of him plus another treble and the 'greatest ever comeback'.
He has paid his dues. Boy and his family are clearly after the money. Let them be. That's the end of his European trophy accumulation. He can have the French double every year now.
I don't see PSG getting the UCL. I might have to eat my words

Yeh the Brazilian music and colours lighting up the Eifel tower was pretty nice. Hope he is successful with them. Gonna get a lot of hate from traditionalist, but feck em.

I'm glad he's stepped out of Messi's shadow. He'll really be able to showcase his talent now with a team built around him.

Twice the player, twice the price but only plays half as much... Thats prety much even and that bring his actual worth down. I'll have the lad for 50 games over the lad for 20-25
Fair point, but not sure your lad can win you crucial games vs the 25 game lad.

Now your comparing goals in a league that's easier to score in than the other not to mention in sure Jose doesn't want Persic for his goals but rather his consistency in creating chances

And I do have the stats for Bales last two seasons 28 of which 9 came last season same as Persic in fact

Bottom line we won't get the Bale of four seasons ago but that Bale is gone forever we will get the Bale of last season that is a lot more Kaka at Real than Ronaldo

So what you're saying is, that at Bales worst, he was equally as good as Perisic at his best?

You have absolutely no way of knowing how they will perform next season, Perisic could easily get an injury, or may not adjust to the league. Bale may do the same, or if managed correctly he could get over his injuries, and completely tear the league apart.

Bale on his day, still has a much higher ceiling than Perisic.

I'd be happy with either, but I'd be more excited about Bale, as he has that extra something.

That said, I'd trust Mourinho to make the right call for what he wants from the squad.

Reactions: Sultan
On this whole Neymar fiasco, from a United perspective, do people think there is anything to Jose's words the other day about him not being too expensive? Is this some kind of coded message that United are willing to part with a similar amount of money for a player they feel is worth it?

Last edited:
Let's not forget all the money they made of him plus another treble and the 'greatest ever comeback'.
He has paid his dues. Boy and his family are clearly after the money. Let them be. That's the end of his European trophy accumulation. He can have the French double every year now.
I don't see PSG getting the UCL. I mighthave to eat my words

No one is questioning whether or not Barca did very well in getting Neymar, and whether or not his paid his dues.

The story is how they got him. Bad, corrupt and despicable.

No one is questioning whether or not Barca did very well in getting Neymar, and whether or not his paid his dues.

The story is how they got him. Bad, corrupt and despicable.
Quite true. It just that the tweet makes it look like Barca have angel wings and they did all that so they could provide him with better opportunities.

Quite true. It just that the tweet makes it look like Barca have angel wings and they did all that so they could provide him with better opportunities.

If that's how you read the tweet, you need to read it again mate. That is harsh, harsh criticism of Barca. Check the thread. Excellent stuff.

A cheque for 200M. A cheque. Lawyers flying up to Madrid and over to Barcelona carrying a 200M piece of paper along with them. You've got to be kidding.

Would've been better if they carried it in bags of coins... Suitcase of notes if they were too weak to drag the bag...

What? That tweet thread is insanely critical of Barca. Like hilariously so.

Really hope psg crash and burn this season, Qatar seem intent on buying football as a plaything, first the World Cup and now this.

Fair point, but not sure your lad can win you crucial games vs the 25 game lad.
Yea but he'd of probably got us 20 more points last season in shite games where Bale would have been missing most. Bale may have got us more points against the top 6. But its not there where we should look to improve.

How close would 20 extra points got us in the end?

Is nothing else happening apart from the whole Neymar fiasco? Where are the fecking tweets lads?!

Serves Barca rightly...took for granted and complete advantage of Neymar. No consistency with managers and the board. Mes que un club is a joke and has been for a while. Bending over backward repeatedly for Messi, then Suarez. They can reinvest Neymar's buyout, but for who is the question and when?

Mbappe might seem logical, but for how much and is he as talented and ready compared to Neymar was when he left Brazil? Not sure about that. You always have to look out for number 1, yourself at work and in business. Congrats to Neymar seeing that he's worth more at PSG than Barca.

On this whole Neymar fiasco, from a United perspective, do people think there is anything to Jose's words the other day about him not being too expensive? Is this some kind of coded message that United are willing to part with a similar amount of money for a player they feel is worth it?
It was an interesting comment, for sure.

Without reading too much into it, he may have simply been opining that, for various reasons, the very best players in the world are worth paying significant money for. They contribute to on field success and enhance the profile, attractiveness, and marketability of the club, all of which generates more revenue. The drawback, however, is the inflationary impact on the transfer market in general, and the resultant inflated prices which clubs are demanding for players who don't offer the same sort of impact (either on or off the pitch).

Jose is a clever fellow, though, and seems to choose his words quite carefully. Accordingly, it's inviting to read more into his comments. It could be that he was suggesting that United would pay a similar amount of money, if they deemed the player worthy of the investment. I tend to think, however, that his comments may have stemmed from United's unwillingness to do so. There have been stories that Neymar's camp had discussions with United about a move, which obviously failed to materialise. Personally, I do believe that Neymar would have chosen United over PSG, if the financial terms of the deal were on par (although I understand that others may feel differently). Perhaps Jose thinks the deal should have been done, and that United shouldn't pass up the opportunity to sign players of Neymar's quality, regardless of the price.

Yes, United paid a huge amount of money for Pogba, which evidences a willingness to spend big on the right player. The financials of the Neymar deal are on another level altogether, though, and I'm not convinced United would be prepared to pay the price, regardless of the player's quality. I'm not suggesting by any means that they should have made the financial commitment which would have been required to get Neymar - I don't think it's good for the sport, and don't think it would necessarily have been good for the club either. That's likely a discussion for another thread, however.

Its very laughable and pathetic to see barca fans go ape shit over Neymar leaving. He's not figo, he has no prior loyalty or ties to the club whatsoever. Is it just entitled fans complaining that another club dares to buy one of their three world class players, or do they genuinely feel aggrieved in such an extreme manner?

Really hope psg crash and burn this season, Qatar seem intent on buying football as a plaything, first the World Cup and now this.

I wonder how long before Bein sports buy the right to the Premier League blowing Sky and BT out the water ?

Who WILL?
Any pf the other super rich clubs in europe. Neymar 196m, lukaku 75-90m, pogba 89m, higuin 75m, griezmann would have been 89m, morata 60-70m. This is the rate for top players now. You make it sound fanciful but theres a clear trend. bale will go for £90m or there abouts.

Its very laughable and pathetic to see barca fans go ape shit over Neymar leaving. He's not figo, he has no prior loyalty or ties to the club whatsoever. Is it just entitled fans complaining that another club dares to buy one of their three world class players, or do they genuinely feel aggrieved in such an extreme manner?

Barca fans are used to being top of the food chain and just signing whoever they want. Been a long time since they lost a player they wanted to keep. The entire transfer saga has been laughable.

Absolute garbage. Zidane doesnt run Madrid, Perez does. Cant see why Zidane would insist on Mbappe being a replacement instead of an addition to Bale/Ronaldo/Benzema.
I don't know, Navas staying means tht Zidane is being handed the keys of the house.

Barca fans are used to being top of the food chain and just signing whoever they want. Been a long time since they lost a player they wanted to keep. The entire transfer saga has been laughable.
Piece of their own medicine.

They can ramp the cringe level up to maximum for this I think and get away with it considering the audacity of the whole deal.
Is there anything particularly audacious about spending 400million Arabian spondoolies on a football player? I find the cooing over PSG on this very strange. The whole thing is perverse.

Pfft. Everybody has some skeletons in their closets. Rather that, than this:

eh, they got a top 5, arguably top 3 player, in the world and an amazing front three for like 4 seasons, and the trophies that came with it. they will be alright

If both Barca and Real plan to go after Dembele as a replacement (for Neymar or Bale), why can't we go after Dembele ourselves? He is young, he is a wide attacker, he scores and gives assists, he has huge room for improvement and may be available for a reasonable price (I guess anything up to 100m is to be considered "reasonable" in this market).

Definitely he may then opt for Barca or RM, but why not to give it a try at least? He could give us 10+ years of good performance

Reactions: Sultan
If both Barca and Real plan to go after Dembele as a replacement (for Neymar or Bale), why can't we go after Dembele ourselves? He is young, he is a wide attacker, he scores and gives assists, he has huge room for improvement and may be available for a reasonable price (I guess anything up to 100m is to be considered "reasonable" in this market).

Definitely he may then opt for Barca or RM, but why not to give it a try at least? He could give us 10+ years of good performance
Mourinho seems quite inflexible in the transfer market. It's either someone from his shortlist, or no one.

Mourinho seems quite inflexible in the transfer market. It's either someone from his shortlist, or no one.

Strange comment this? Jose has apparently given Ed his first option then alternatives so why would any manager want another player off his shortlist? I'm sure if that said player was extremely talented and only came available Jose would like any other manager alter their plans.