Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Twice the player, twice the price but only plays half as much... Thats prety much even and that bring his actual worth down. I'll have the lad for 50 games over the lad for 20-25

In fairness to Bale, he's played in 146 games in 4 seasons. That is over 36 games a season since moving to Real Madrid.

For comparison Perisic had played in 161 in 4 1/2 seasons (more of those being as a sub), that is a little less than 36 a season

It's funny how all of a sudden £100m seems a "reasonable" fee when it'd still be the record transfer bar the Neymar circus

It isn't reasonable when you look at it isolated, but when you consider the relative worth of a game changer in todays market and how hard it is to acquire one then it becomes if not a bargain, atleast a very good deal.

Most clubs these days that have a top 10-15 footballer won't sell, and if you want to acquire them it will be at extortionate sums and will involve a huge transfer drama prolonged over a whole summer.

Griezmann with his release clause doesn't require that much drama and should be pretty straight forward if he wants to join.

I fear that Barca and Bayern will be in for him at that price though, both are in need of a game changer in his position.

Pogba is no longer world record transfer, Should take the pressure of price tag off him.

It isn't reasonable when you look at it isolated, but when you consider the relative worth of a game changer in todays market and how hard it is to acquire one then it becomes if not a bargain, atleast a very good deal.

Most clubs these days that have a top 10-15 footballer won't sell, and if you want to acquire them it will be at extortionate sums and will involve a huge transfer drama prolonged over a whole summer.

Griezmann with his release clause doesn't require that much drama and should be pretty straight forward if he wants to join.

I fear that Barca and Bayern will be in for him at that price though, both are in need of a game changer in his position.

Barca i dont think and bayern dont spend that amount on a single player. If griezmann is man of his word which it seems he is with his loyalty, he may have given a word to united to join us in the future.

And we all thought Veratti would move to Barcelona, Psg pulled an ultimate Twist.

The twitteratis are convinced that Dembele would be moving to Barcelona. Do guys think he is a like to like replacement for Neymar? Or even better?

I agree! Not a bad little video.
Yeh the Brazilian music and colours lighting up the Eifel tower was pretty nice. Hope he is successful with them. Gonna get a lot of hate from traditionalist, but feck em.

In fairness to Bale, he's played in 146 games in 4 seasons. That is over 36 games a season since moving to Real Madrid.

For comparison Perisic had played in 161 in 4 1/2 seasons (more of those being as a sub), that is a little less than 36 a season

And the vast majority of them were in the two seasons the past two he is less than 30 games a season let alone games he started.

You can't go into history to prove your point we may as well buy Rooney back based on that

The twitteratis are convinced that Dembele would be moving to Barcelona. Do guys think he is a like to like replacement for Neymar? Or even better?

I think Barcelona wil jump in on mbappe too. Dembele is a right sided player right?

I think Barcelona wil jump in on mbappe too. Dembele is a right sided player right?
Didn't see him much last year but did watch him when he played in France. Left wing is his favorable position. Schurle played on the right for BVB i think.

I don't think Mbappe would move to FCB. He is a CR7 and real fan.

Why aint barcelona intrested in dybala though?

Maybe they are, but he is similar to Messi both in style and position. Getting someone more direct for the opposite flank (Mbappe, Dembele) and in a playmaking position (Coutinho) would improve them more I think.

And the vast majority of them were in the two seasons the past two he is less than 30 games a season let alone games he started.

You can't go into history to prove your point we may as well buy Rooney back based on that

It's hardly ancient history is it. That's just the last 4 years, including those 2 you mention. Not really anything like looking at Rooney a decade ago.

He had one significant lay off, which heavily skews his stats if you only look at the last 2 years. You could do the same for any player that has a proper injury.

Bale has also scored 67 to Perisic's 40 in half a season less too. (I don't have the stats for the past 2 seasons alone to hand).

That's not to say Perisic would be a bad buy at all, but writing Bale off because he never plays, when he has played at least the same number of games per season over the past 4 years, as who you're comparing him to, is odd to say the least.

It's hardly ancient history is it. That's just the last 4 years, including those 2 you mention. Not really anything like looking at Rooney a decade ago.

He had one significant lay off, which heavily skews his stats if you only look at the last 2 years. You could do the same for any player that has a proper injury.

Bale has also scored 67 to Perisic's 40 in half a season less too. (I don't have the stats for the past 2 seasons alone to hand).

That's not to say Perisic would be a bad buy at all, but writing Bale off because he never plays, when he has played at least the same number of games per season over the past 4 years, as who you're comparing him to, is odd to say the least.

Now your comparing goals in a league that's easier to score in than the other not to mention in sure Jose doesn't want Persic for his goals but rather his consistency in creating chances

And I do have the stats for Bales last two seasons 28 of which 9 came last season same as Persic in fact

Bottom line we won't get the Bale of four seasons ago but that Bale is gone forever we will get the Bale of last season that is a lot more Kaka at Real than Ronaldo

Love that. Short and well made.

I'm very ambivalent towards the transfer, though. A part of me thinks it's a cool transfer in that it probably will cause a domino effect.
Where will Mbappe go? Will Real Madrid sell bale? How many are left in Paris after the coming fire sale? Coutinho? Dembele? The muppet in me is crying tears of joy.

€220 million is to much money to pay for a player. Especially if it's funded by a oil states with questionable views on human rights, modern slave trade, freedom of speech etc. Professional football shouldn't be a playground for bored heirs to an unlimited pipeline to the worlds biggest pool of blood oil money. Feck his employers and everything they stand for. Build world record yachts or cure cancer or something with your oil money instead.

I support Neymars decision about money and av 38 week holiday each season. A lifestyle in Paris, while only focusing on 7 games of importance and building an empire.

I think it's awesome in that the Champions League 17/18 edition is going to be absolute madness.

The weirdest thing is that i don't even think €220m will stand for so long, what will happen next summer? Look at the spike between last summer and now. €90m for Pogba. Now an 18 year old can go for €180m (Mbappe). How much is Wall Street 1929 much?

Tldr: Pogba is the steal of the century