Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Because they were not starting much and not needed?

Still useful options for extra goals, assists, in case of injuries, etc. Morata's goals per min were excellent last season why would you williningly sell him unless you needed money? They were sold because the club chose the money over them. Thus clearly Real are still very interested in getting financial income through transfers. Same reason they would easily consider selling Bale imo.

Still useful options for extra goals, assists, in case of injuries, etc. Morata's goals per min were excellent last season why would you williningly sell him unless you needed money? They were sold because the club chose the money over them. Thus clearly Real are still very interested in getting financial income through transfers. Same reason they would easily consider selling Bale imo.

Madrid don't have a problem with goals. They have one of the two most prolific goal scorers in the world as well as many others who can contribute what is needed to win. If Bale isn't playing much due to injury or Isco, then its not rocket science that they might consider a transfer. Rodriguez also wasn't playing so much and they loaned him out as well. Ultimately players want to play. Has nothing to do with Madrid needing to sell. They don't, never have.

Madrid don't have a problem with goals. They have one of the two most prolific goal scorers in the world as well as many others who can contribute what is needed to win. If Bale isn't playing much due to injury or Isco, then its not rocket science that they might consider a transfer. Rodriguez also wasn't playing so much and they loaned him out as well. Ultimately players want to play. Has nothing to do with Madrid needing to sell. They don't, never have.

So they sell because of their concern for the players? This is the same Madrid that priced Morata out of a move to Utd when he clearly wanted to move here. It's also the same Madrid who were happy to just discard Navas to get de Gea despite him doing nothing wrong and being a great performer for them. Didn't sound like James wanted out of Real at all. Sounds like he was basically forced out.

So they sell because of their concern for the players? This is the same Madrid that priced Morata out of a move to Utd when he clearly wanted to move here. It's also the same Madrid who were happy to just discard Navas to get de Gea despite him doing nothing wrong and being a great performer for them. Didn't sound like James wanted out of Real at all. Sounds like he was basically forced out.

They sell because the players are surplus to requirements. If players aren't playing and the club can sell or loan them, then they do just that.

Robben and Sneijder were sold by madrid, it doesnt mean they weren't world class.
The only reason why Real are considering selling bale is because Mbappe would be starting every game.

If we can manage to keep Bale healthy (maybe by dropping some of that muscle mass) he could lead us to titles.

As for Delle Alli? Dont want him, he would relegate Pogba to a deeper role in the midfield and that would not get the best out of him. Not only that...Spurs wouldn't sell us Dier and you seriously expect them to consider selling us Delle Alli?

SAF also said Jones could become "the greatest player in Manchester United's history", it doesn't make it true.

Dele Alli, we will never know unless we bid for him, spurs always sell when they get what the want

So you think muscle mass is what is holding Bale back and not his injuries and his decreasing speed

Pogba-

I see a lot of people on these forums all saying Coutinho will be wanted by Barca maybe so but
Managers always like to bring their old players at former clubs or their new clubs back to the fold
Case in point Jose and Matic, Lukaku

Barca are awash with cash now and their new manager is Valverde his ex-player is in our team and still to sign a new contract with Man Utd.

A lot can still happen in this transfer window and i wouldn't be surprised if Barca make an offer for Ander at some point.

Reactions: Sultan
They sell because the players are surplus to requirements. If players aren't playing and the club can sell or loan them, then they do just that.

Like Bale would be if they were to bring in Mbappe?

Bale's similar to what Van Persie was like at Arsenal in that when he does play he still smashes it. Some players who are always injured take ages to get going when they do come back and look unfit and off the pace.

Bale still has 28 goals in the 58 games he has played in the last 2 seasons for Madrid. A very good record for a wide player. My point is that when he is fit he's still a brilliant player...still worth the punt in my opinion.

It is a worthy concern though that we could spend £100m on a player who could play only 50% of our games or something. But he is still one of the best players in the world and we desperately need that.

£100m? What about his salary? Isn't that another £25m to £30m per year? Better to make Madrid an offer of a Loan: pay £25m + £25m for 2 year loan, then we pay £60m if we want to purchase the player at the end of loan.

One thing is for sure, we'll have some fierce competition for Griezmann next summer.

His 100m release clause which previously seemed a bit steep is all the sudden quite the bargain.

Hope we have something agreed with him.

One thing is for sure, we'll have some fierce competition for Griezmann next summer.

His 100m release clause which previously seemed a bit steep is all the sudden quite the bargain.

Barca is our biggest competitor. Lets hope they buy Dembele or Mabppe

I know it's done, but i need to see a picture of Neymar holding the PSG shirt with a Qatari bloke to be somehow convinced of this

Then the player should be taxed on his income. How can he recive such a money and then not get taxed.
They are i think, from what i remember on the initial failed herrera transfer, thats why clubs avoid paying release clauses wherever possible as it becomes very complicated amd takes so long.
The money will be loaned for a short period to avoid any tax implications.

Last edited:
Tidbit:

Inter Milan hasn't complied with FFP yet. They obtained a derogation until next year to meet the requirements. So, still under the cosh.
They complied for the 2016/17 season. Still another season under FFP restrictions, but right now they don't need to sell

Normally, I wouldn't be bothered about PSG signing a player, but I really did want Neymar at MUFC. He was the one player who I felt was attainable, out of MSN.
Anyway, Jose will now have to win trophies without the likes of Neymar.
He has won titles without Galacticos before, and hopefully, he will do it for us.

Normally, I wouldn't be bothered about PSG signing a player, but I really did want Neymar at MUFC. He was the one player who I felt was attainable, out of MSN.
Anyway, Jose will now have to win trophies without the likes of Neymar.
He has won titles without Galacticos before, and hopefully, he will do it for us.

Neymar and United is not a match, our job on hands is to get the best out of Martial Rashford and Lukaku and their skills.

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to someone that reckons Mbappe "has done little more" than Rashford. I'll need a few days just to understand the stupidity behind it.

Dude, please take a seat and gather yourself.
You may be feeling a little dizzy, as you come to terms with a level of stupidity which you have previously not believed possible.
Have some water, if you need to, but before you retort to the post which suggests Rashford and Mbappe are on par, make sure you are in your full senses. :lol:

That's a laughable price for Bale. These spanish fecks should be told to piss off.

All United have to do is offer a low price and wait. United / Chelsea (plus other interested clubs), hold all the cards.

Neymar and United is not a match, our job on hands is to get the best out of Martial Rashford and Lukaku and their skills.

Well, Martial and Rashford have a lot of potential which may be realised in a few years.
But Neymar is World class, right now.
You can't really compare the 2 youngsters with Neymar.
But all this is pointless now, Neymar won't be playing for us and that's that...

Well, Martial and Rashford have a lot of potential which may be realised in a few years.
But Neymar is World class, right now.
You can't really compare the 2 youngsters with Neymar.
But all this is pointless now, Neymar won't be playing for us and that's that...

Same could be said few years ago when ronaldinho chose to join barcelona and we landed Ronaldo. Not saying martial and rashford can reach that level but they have the talents to reach great heights rest wil depend on their hardwork and motivation.

Dele Alli, we will never know unless we bid for him, spurs always sell when they get what the want

So you think muscle mass is what is holding Bale back and not his injuries and his decreasing speed

Pogba-

I see a lot of people on these forums all saying Coutinho will be wanted by Barca maybe so but
Managers always like to bring their old players at former clubs or their new clubs back to the fold
Case in point Jose and Matic, Lukaku

Barca are awash with cash now and their new manager is Valverde his ex-player is in our team and still to sign a new contract with Man Utd.

A lot can still happen in this transfer window and i wouldn't be surprised if Barca make an offer for Ander at some point.

Ander is united through and through plus he rejected Barca earlier this summer.
He isnt going anywhere.

As for Bale, what I was saying is I suspected that his increase in muscle mass contributed to his injuries. Whoever was advising him on that didnt do a good job.

Dude, please take a seat and gather yourself.
You may be feeling a little dizzy, as you come to terms with a level of stupidity which you have previously not believed possible.
Have some water, if you need to, but before you retort to the post which suggests Rashford and Mbappe are on par, make sure you are in your full senses. :lol:

Mbappe has the skills? Rashford has got them too but also has got great mentality. Time will prove Who shines.

Wasn't the £100m in Jan, and it becomes £200m in the summer?
Either way I think his boat has sailed now. He had the chance to leave, didn't, so it's a completely open market now.

Wasn't the £100m in Jan, and it becomes £200m in the summer?
Either way I think his boat has sailed now. He had the chance to leave, didn't, so it's a completely open market now.

Think the £200m is for this summer, and it reverts back to £100m in January. That is atleast what has been discussed earlier on in here.

Don't really think Griezmann would have signed a new contract with a release clause basically making it impossible for him to transfer.

I dunno how much he cost 2 years ago, but my point is Bale is twice the player Perisic is, so if Perisic's valuation is 50m, then Bale for 100 seems reasonable.
Twice the player, twice the price but only plays half as much... Thats prety much even and that bring his actual worth down. I'll have the lad for 50 games over the lad for 20-25

Think the £200m is for this summer, and it reverts back to £100m in January. That is atleast what has been discussed earlier on in here.

Don't really think Griezmann would have signed a new contract with a release clause basically making it impossible for him to transfer.

Yep that sounds a more sensible way, but still seems odd to give him the lower fee for Jan, which would leave them a little high and dry potentially.
Although he could easily have gone this summer, so they'd have 6months, and also potentially get Costa and others in then.
It's funny how all of a sudden £100m seems a "reasonable" fee when it'd still be the record transfer bar the Neymar circus