Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Signing a star player, who doesn´t want to leave, but is forced out by Madrid´s desire to buy a shiny new toy. What could possibly go wrong? :nervous:

Would be funny, if Tottenham bought him back. If they sell Janssen/Wimmer, they´d still come out nearly even on the transfer fees. :eek:
Is why Mourinho has basically suggested that if he wants to move he needs to go public. All up to Bale really.

Please let us not be the suckers to bite for an injury crock that doesn't even wanna leave

Like to see who's going to pay that for a player averaging half a season for the past 3 years.

Since Joining madrid:

16/17 Calf Injury Apr 24, 2017 Jun 1, 2017 38 days, games missed: 8
16/17 Calf muscle strain Apr 13, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 7 days, games missed: 2
16/17 Ankle injury Nov 24, 2016 Feb 16, 2017 84 days, games missed: 17
16/17 Hip injury Sep 15, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 7 days, games missed: 2
15/16 Disrupted Calf Muscle Jan 18, 2016 Mar 3, 2016 45 days, games missed: 8
15/16 Muscle Injury Oct 19, 2015 Nov 5, 2015 17 days, games missed: 4
15/16 Muscle Injury Sep 17, 2015 Sep 28, 2015 11 days, games missed: 3
14/15 Hamstring Injury Oct 20, 2014 Oct 30, 2014 10 days, games missed: 3
13/14 Muscular problems Oct 3, 2013 Oct 17, 2013 14 days, games missed: 1

in the past 3 seasons, he has missed a total of 48 games

So roughly about 16 games a season on average, although not half a season like you say but still not good at all. That ankle injury is worrying to have missed 17 games during the 16/17 season. It is also likely that his calf injuries are down to that ankle injury niggling him. For someone who is as fast and powerful as him, this is a big risk factor as that is so much of his game.

I think that would be reasonable. It'll be easy add ons if they add anything at all. However, the biggest obstacle will be getting Bale to leave, he seems committed to Madrid.

Yea, seems that way. However, if it were a straight battle between us and Chelsea, I'd be confident.

Looks like we could be heading towards a 3-5-2 formation, which would appeal to Bale, as he wants to play up top/in the hole. I'm guessing this is why we were after AG, as he'd have fit that role perfectly.

You must think theyre idiots. They just sold morata for 60 rising to 70 with add ons. Bales obviously more marketable than morata. Have you missed the last couple of transfer windows or something? We tried to sign griezmann for 90 mil and we signed lukaku for 75 and 15 in add ons.
You are falling for the hype instead of looking at the situation as it is.

We have a €50M option.... Did you see the line round the block looking for Bales signature? NO? Thats because its not there.

Nobody in england, who could, is paying his wages except us and only Juve would be interested in his price form the usual suspects. But do you really see that happening?

Real want Mbappe and NEED Bale sold to do it and because Barca have now €222M extra, or will have. The clock is ticking on Real.

Its €60M for Bale right now or Mbappe to Barca... What you think Real will say?

Since Joining madrid:

16/17 Calf Injury Apr 24, 2017 Jun 1, 2017 38 days, games missed: 8
16/17 Calf muscle strain Apr 13, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 7 days, games missed: 2
16/17 Ankle injury Nov 24, 2016 Feb 16, 2017 84 days, games missed: 17
16/17 Hip injury Sep 15, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 7 days, games missed: 2
15/16 Disrupted Calf Muscle Jan 18, 2016 Mar 3, 2016 45 days, games missed: 8
15/16 Muscle Injury Oct 19, 2015 Nov 5, 2015 17 days, games missed: 4
15/16 Muscle Injury Sep 17, 2015 Sep 28, 2015 11 days, games missed: 3
14/15 Hamstring Injury Oct 20, 2014 Oct 30, 2014 10 days, games missed: 3
13/14 Muscular problems Oct 3, 2013 Oct 17, 2013 14 days, games missed: 1

in the past 3 seasons, he has missed a total of 48 games

So roughly about 16 games a season on average, although not half a season like you say but still not good at all. That ankle injury is worrying to have missed 17 games during the 16/17 season. It is also likely that his calf injuries are down to that ankle injury niggling him. For someone who is as fast and powerful as him, this is a big risk factor as that is so much of his game.

Yeah but you can also turn it around and say - he has played a total of 150 matches over the last 4 seasons, so its not like he is invalid either

Yeah but you can also turn it around and say - he has played a total of 150 matches over the last 4 seasons, so its not like he is invalid either

I see your point. And I know that people are sick hearing about age in here. But it is not often players are less injured between 28 and 31 than between 25 and 28. Quite the oposite, I would argue.

Wenger - "Yes Dembele is a fantatsic player, we tried to sign him you know" :lol:

All these clubs hashtags do, is feck with. I was like: pretty ambitious these Bournemouth people.

La liga did not accept the transfer because it's competent to process the national football transactions and not the internationals.
Neymar lawyers will bring the cheque to Camp Nou and Barsa will deposit it after 2 days and will process the transfer with FIFA.They won't do it tomorrow

A cheque for 200M. A cheque. Lawyers flying up to Madrid and over to Barcelona carrying a 200M piece of paper along with them. You've got to be kidding.

Tidbit:

Inter Milan hasn't complied with FFP yet. They obtained a derogation until next year to meet the requirements. So, still under the cosh.

HAH 2 years ago Perisic cost €16m
I dunno how much he cost 2 years ago, but my point is Bale is twice the player Perisic is, so if Perisic's valuation is 50m, then Bale for 100 seems reasonable.

All these clubs hashtags do, is feck with. I was like: pretty ambitious these Bournemouth people.
Ahh yes the might Bournemouth, probobly got more chance at signing him than Arsenal to be fair.

P.S I had to double check it was Arsenal before i posted it, I've been burned before ;)

Mbappe has said i want to play for Real Madrid - no matter what Barca offer he don't want to play for them

Bale, this might sound harsh but he is a busted flush to me too injury prone now, speed was his best asset which once you lose it's gone for good, just look at Michael Owen

If we pay £100m for Bale we would be mugs - ask yourself why they want to sell in the first place , if he was still world class would Real sell?

We just said goodbye to club legend Wayne Rooney and reading these forums most felt he as been past it for the past 3 years

The similarites between Rooney and Bale are obvious they both struggle to beat a man now they have lost their pace - we will end up with a Rooney mark2 on our hands if we sign Bale.

Look at the Wales game against Ireland when Bale realises he can't run past people anymore and
does a terrible tackle on J O'Shea - lucky he didn't get a red card for it too

If you are going to pay that kind of money for a player we should go after the next Frank Lampard in making and that is Dele Alli - of course Spurs would want a lot, lot more than that for him but at least you would be getting a young goal scoring midfielder with years ahead of him

I think Sir Alex said he is the best young player since Gascoigne, can't get much higher praise than that

Reactions: Damien
Mbappe has said i want to play for Real Madrid - no matter what Barca offer he don't want to play for them

Bale, this might sound harsh but he is a busted flush to me too injury prone now, speed was his best asset which once you lose it's gone for good, just look at Michael Owen

If we pay £100m for Bale we would be mugs - ask yourself why they want to sell in the first place , if he was still world class would Real sell?

We just said goodbye to club legend Wayne Rooney and reading these forums most felt he as been past it for the past 3 years

The similarites between Rooney and Bale are obvious they both struggle to beat a man now they have lost their pace - we will end up with a Rooney mark2 on our hands if we sign Bale.

Look at the Wales game against Ireland when Bale realises he can't run past people anymore and

If you are going to pay that kind of money for a player we should go after the next Frank Lampard in making and that is Dele Alli - of course Spurs would want a lot, lot more than that for him but at least you would be getting a young goal scoring midfielder with years ahead of him

I think Sir Alex said he is the best young player since Gascoigne, can't get much higher praise than that

Robben and Sneijder were sold by madrid, it doesnt mean they weren't world class.
The only reason why Real are considering selling bale is because Mbappe would be starting every game.

If we can manage to keep Bale healthy (maybe by dropping some of that muscle mass) he could lead us to titles.

As for Delle Alli? Dont want him, he would relegate Pogba to a deeper role in the midfield and that would not get the best out of him. Not only that...Spurs wouldn't sell us Dier and you seriously expect them to consider selling us Delle Alli?

SAF also said Jones could become "the greatest player in Manchester United's history", it doesn't make it true.

Robben and Sneijder were sold by madrid, it doesnt mean they weren't world class.
The only reason why Real are considering selling bale is because Mbappe would be starting every game.

If we can manage to keep Bale healthy (maybe by dropping some of that muscle mass) he could lead us to titles.

As for Delle Alli? Dont want him, he would relegate Pogba to a deeper role in the midfield and that would not get the best out of him. Not only that...Spurs wouldn't sell us Dier and you seriously expect them to want to sell us Delle Alli?

SAF also said Jones could become "the greatest player in Manchester United's history", it doesn't make it true.
Bale is no robben and Schneider. He is a tipical speed merchant who'll regress soon.

As for Delle Alli? Dont want him, he would relegate Pogba to a deeper role in the midfield and that would not get the best out of him. Not only that...Spurs wouldn't sell us Dier and you seriously expect them to want to sell us Delle Alli?

Bale is no robben and Schneider. He is a tipical speed merchant who'll regress soon.

Excellent points. I think a bit overstated, a fit Bale would be good for a couple of seasons, but the prices quoted - even nowadays - are way overcooked.

Not a chance in hell. The best we could hope for is 55-75 I think, Perez would want to at least recoup his original fee and even more. Yes hes that insane.

We need to send United's negotiating team to Morocco to learn the art of bartering.

Neymar is in Paris. He signed his contract for 5 years with the leaders of the #PSG in Barcelona! He wants to play against Amiens.

If barcelona bury the past and dont get into bullish mode. Alexis sanchez repurchase would be the best for them and arsenal and sanchez too.