Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

So what's the point in a buyout clause then? Barca throwing toys out their pram because somebody's actually equalled the ludicrous amount. Get fecked Barca, PSG are playing you at your own game and you don't like it.

I don't think its Barca throwing their toys out, it's La Liga. They don't want to see the best players leave their league as less will watch it. Especially when Neymar is the next big thing in ~3 years post Messi and Ronaldo

I don't think its Barca throwing their toys out, it's La Liga. They don't want to see the best players leave their league as less will watch it. Especially when Neymar is the next big thing in ~3 years post Messi and Ronaldo
Well La Liga can go eat a bag of dicks, his buyout clause has been matched, PSG have called their bluff - they should deal with it.

Apparently Cameron Borthwick Jackson is headed to Leeds on loan, should be a good move for him to develop I think.

They gambled on Suarez not creating problems. Suarez wanted to leave, but he didn't want to leave on bad terms. Otherwise Liverpool would've been forced to sell.
True the contract is between the player and the club. If the player doesn't push it then the release clause means nothing.

Why pay La Liga and not the club directly?
I thought it was due to the buyout clause only applying to other Spanish clubs, meaning the player had to do it on behalf of the buying club.

But that rule changed sometime recently meaning activating the buyout clause is now more straightforward for foreign clubs.

What baffles me is at this stage... what benefit is there in preventing this transfer happening?

Does anyone realistically think Neymar could pull on a Barcelona shirt again after asking to leave for PSG? Would Barcelona fans even want him to stay? I can't imagine for a second as a United fan, seeing a player who really wanted to leave United and actually wanting him to stay having been offered a huge amount of money for them.

It's like finding out your wife is cheating on you and really doesn't want to be with you any more because she's found someone else... but you still think you should stay together and everything will work out. Just not happening... the relationship is done.

Its actually not legal. If La Liga try dragging this on, they will look like fools and eventually Neymar can claim a Breach of Contract from La Liga, which ultimately could lose Barca all the money as well as the player.

Would be hilarious if that happens.

Oh please be this!

Then the player should be taxed on his income. How can he recive such a money and then not get taxed.
They are i think, from what i remember on the initial failed herrera transfer, thats why clubs avoid paying release clauses wherever possible as it becomes very complicated amd takes so long.

It's like finding out your wife is cheating on you and really doesn't want to be with you any more because she's found someone else... but you still think you should stay together and everything will work out. Just not happening... the relationship is done.
The voice of experience

Oh please be this!

This is nothing more than posturing from La Liga though. Deep down I am sure they know that they don't have a legal footing to stand on.

Also this shows how badly the league is run, because I don't for a second imagine La Liga would have 'refused' to accept the payment, if PSG came in to sign a player for the same amount of money, and the player was playing for a club like Valencia or Sevilla.

You don't have to look beyond how the tv money is distributed between the clubs to see how heavily La Liga favours the likes of Barcelona and Madrid.

This is nothing more than posturing from La Liga though. Deep down I am sure they know that they don't have a legal footing to stand on.

Also this shows how badly the league is run, because I don't for a second imagine La Liga would have 'refused' to accept the payment, if PSG came in to sign a player for the same amount of money, and the player was playing for a club like Valencia or Sevilla.

You don't have to look beyond how the tv money is distributed between the clubs to see how heavily La Liga favours the likes of Barcelona and Madrid.

Wonder how other la liga clubs remain so silent.

Some of you may think I am bonkers, but I agree with Jose.

£200M for a top of the range striker is decent value.
His age is excellent (just entering his prime).
His quality is unquestionable and he'll almost guarantee goals.

If Pogba cost £89M last season, this season, he'd probably cost £125M or thereabouts.
Neymar, should be around 50% higher, because he is a striker and scores goals.

When you factor in the commercial aspects of Neymar joining a club, £200M is about right and I am unsure why we didn't compete for his signature, even at £200M.

When you factor in the commercial aspects of Neymar joining a club, £200M is about right and I am unsure why we didn't compete for his signature, even at £200M.

I don't think the transfer fee was a hindrance, it was probably his wage demands that deterred us from signing him.

You mean Se Queda?

That was a very funny tweet from Pique...was it?
Fans read it and said, "Oh Neymar is staying".
About 1 week later, Neymar is now forcing his way out of the club, while La Liga and Barca are trying to keep hold of him.

Some of you may think I am bonkers, but I agree with Jose.

£200M for a top of the range striker is decent value.
His age is excellent (just entering his prime).
His quality is unquestionable and he'll almost guarantee goals.

If Pogba cost £89M last season, this season, he'd probably cost £125M or thereabouts.
Neymar, should be around 50% higher, because he is a striker and scores goals.

Quite a lot of assumptions in that post.

Wayne Rooney. Twice.

True. Although the first time he signed a new contract within 48 hours of indicating he wanted to leave. You will have noticed a lot of fans still hold it against him to this day.

The second time, I'm sure he would have been out if Ferguson hadn't retired but Moyes obviously persuaded him to stay. In both cases, I'm not aware of any large offers we had for him at those times.

Do we seriously think there is much chance of Neymar deciding he wants to stay at this stage?

That was a very funny tweet from Pique...was it?
Fans read it and said, "Oh Neymar is staying".
About 1 week later, Neymar is now forcing his way out of the club, while La Liga and Barca are trying to keep hold of him.

It was stupid from Pique to be honest. It was not like Neymar was going to think, 'Oh shit! Now that Pique has tweeted that I am staying, I have no option but to stay'

Confirmed.

So it goes like this:

FCB: You can't have Neymar and even if Neymar wanted to join, you couldn't afford him.
Neymar agrees deal wtih PSG and PSG can afford him.
FCB: Okay, but if you want Neymar, you need to pay the release clause, up front. We want cash in our account. No funny business.
PSG: Okay, here's the money, which account should be transfer the money?
FCB: No no....you can't have Neymar, because its not fair. La Liga...please help us, they are buying our player!!!

Its actually not legal. If La Liga try dragging this on, they will look like fools and eventually Neymar can claim a Breach of Contract from La Liga, which ultimately could lose Barca all the money as well as the player.

Would be hilarious if that happens.
I would piss my pants laughing if there is a law suit (which if there's one it will drag for a decade) and Barca are forced to terminate his contract and lose him on a free.

I don't think the transfer fee was a hindrance, it was probably his wage demands that deterred us from signing him.
More like the fee's / bonuses for Neymars Dad. When you hear the sort of stuff Barca did for him, the mind boggles :lol:

Then the player should be taxed on his income. How can he recive such a money and then not get taxed.

I think when the player is given the money, it would render him self employed for that instance, his costs would equal his income (the money given to him is the same amount as the money given to the club or league to buy him out of the contract), therefore he has no profit, and no tax to pay.

That would be my understanding anyway.

£200M was decent value for Neymar.
But £178M for a teenager who has played well for half a season, is ridiculous!
I totally agree. He might be the best player in the world one day but he could also go backwards. Half a season isn't enough to base a player on.