Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Mbappe to Madrid means Bale to United.

This would also tie with reports about 'cooling our interest' in Perisic.

If we can get him for a fee below £50m then ok. Considering his age and injury problems, he's not worth much more than that

It is not La liga's job to enforce Ffp, so rejecting payment on that basis surely puts someone in breach of contract somewhere.

It is just point making though and it will go through.

Got there in the end sorry guys :lol:

Barca and Real have been managing to get some of the best talents just before or as soon as they enter their prime years - Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Owen, Ronaldinho, Figo, Kaka, Zlatan, Ronaldo, Bale, James, Neymar, Suarez are some of the players that I have watched and come on top of my head. I can't recall of a player ever leaving one of those two to progress somewhere else. Usually the players who leave those clubs are deemed unsuccessful or not good enough or over the hill.
That has a massive pull on all the fans, massive marketing potential for both the league and those two. Now for the first time one of the best players in the world, instead of joining them is leaving them. La Liga officials are surely against such move, as it would weaker the marketing strength and status of the league. I'm sure Real Madrid are behind Barcelona on this one.

Got there in the end sorry guys :lol:

Spain trying to play the upstanding citizen in football. What´s next? They apply for the WADA and IMF presidency with an presentation of the international taxation of natural supplements and medical supplies? :lol:

The salt is amazing.

Wtf have La Liga got to do with it anyway? Neymar has a contract clause, PSG are paying that clause end of.

If this goes to court La Liga will be ripped to pieces.

This looks pretty embarrassing for la liga, surely this can't actually be considered legal ?

It's not. I'm guessing they want to drag it out for a month and then be like "sorry the transfer window is closed". What they really need is that dodgy fax machine.

Everyone knows that La Liga release clauses are just for Barca and Real to hoover up players without negotiating, not to sell them.

Sounds like the Neymar deal is dead after all. I never believed he'd go to PSG and ruin his legacy and reputation.

If we can get him for a fee below £50m then ok. Considering his age and injury problems, he's not worth much more than that

Not a chance in hell. The best we could hope for is 55-75 I think, Perez would want to at least recoup his original fee and even more. Yes hes that insane.

Sounds like the Neymar deal is dead after all. I never believed he'd go to PSG and ruin his legacy and reputation.

Never seen anyone so desperate for something to happen on here that isn't in anyway related to us. How much money did you put on him staying at Barca?

He's moving to PSG, I am so very sorry.

Me and Damian were talking about this the other day. Wenger has since said he didn't have a clause but Liverpool's owners have said that he did and they just ignored it.

It is clear as mud.
Seem to remember Suarez taking the issue to the FA and the FA ruling in liverpool's favour?

Never seen anyone so desperate for something to happen on here that isn't in anyway related to us. How much money did you put on him staying at Barca?

He's moving to PSG, I am so very sorry.

Well Barca asked La Liga to consider doing this and they duly have done so on FFP grounds. Which means Barca have no intention of selling him unless they are forced to do so. This deal will not go ahead unless Barca are legally forced to release him from his contract, and they clearly do not want to do that at all. And the league is saying they do not have to release him so game over for PSG really.

As for bets, yes I have money on him staying at Barcelona. But that has nothing to do with anything really.