Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Madrid don't need to sell anyone to get money to buy another player. They are after all Madrid and can afford just about any player, and have also just won 3 out of 4 CLs during which they didn't really make any big Galactico type buys so they are due one.

Why did they even bother selling the likes of James, Morata, and Danilo then? They'd all be useful backups surely if money is no issue at all? If money was no issue I think they'd've had this Mbappe deal done before Barcelona were able to get involved (unless he's simply not going to be allowed to leave Monaco for anything which is possible). Maybe they don't need to sell any players but most reports seem to suggest they'd be willing to offload Bale. We're talking about very big money here, not just in the transfer fee but also in terms of wages, agent fees, etc. Barcelona are an economically prosperous team also afterall and they just got a considerable income from a transfer so Madrid are going to have to be able to offer Mbappe more than Barca can.

Reus??? No thanks

Not sure about Draxler but i'd hate to mark the fecker. But if Neymar is in someone is out. Could be him.
Lucas Moura i dont know well enough, Anderson is kinda meh and Costa I wonder is he tainted after Bayern. Seemed to go off the boil. And is he with Juve already. I felt he was but maybe he's not yet.
Anderson is meh in the same way as perisic though. Puts in a lot of tackles, high work rate. Hes fast as well. Not a big feller like perisic though and mourinho clearly likes the big uns.

yes? £60M for promise based on half a season looks right at home in this inflated market. Sure, if he were to repeat those exploits this year then yeah, he would merit a more substantial offer.

mbappe being the most promising young player on the planet is arguable. dembele has shown more and over a longer period of time imo.

that monaco team was awesome, it wasn't a one man show, lemar, bernardo silva, fabinho, mendy etc were all great, CL semi final doesn't suddenly turn one into a £130M player. But like Raoul said, he's worth whatever people are willing to pay, doesn't mean i'll find it justifiable even in the current market climate
What you think and what clubs are offering clearly isnt in the same ball park. 60m wont get mbappe, no way no how.

Reus??? No thanks

Not sure about Draxler but i'd hate to mark the fecker. But if Neymar is in someone is out. Could be him.
Lucas Moura i dont know well enough, Anderson is kinda meh and Costa I wonder is he tainted after Bayern. Seemed to go off the boil. And is he with Juve already. I felt he was but maybe he's not yet.
Also its worth pointing out as regards reus that if we're in for bale then clearly we're not scared off by injury prone players.

Madrid don't need to sell anyone to get money to buy another player. They are after all Madrid and can afford just about any player, and have also just won 3 out of 4 CLs during which they didn't really make any big Galactico type buys so they are due one.

Why did they even bother selling the likes of James, Morata, and Danilo then? They'd all be useful backups surely if money is no issue at all? If money was no issue I think they'd've had this Mbappe deal done before Barcelona were able to get involved (unless he's simply not going to be allowed to leave Monaco for anything which is possible). Maybe they don't need to sell any players but most reports seem to suggest they'd be willing to offload Bale. We're talking about very big money here, not just in the transfer fee but also in terms of wages, agent fees, etc. Barcelona are an economically prosperous team also afterall and they just got a considerable income from a transfer so Madrid are going to have to be able to offer Mbappe more than Barca can.

How are people still not grasping this. If Mbappe moves to Madrid he wants to be guaranteed a starting spot. The only way that happens is if one of BBC leaves. That's where the rumours are coming from and not that they can't afford it without selling.

How are people still not grasping this. If Mbappe moves to Madrid he wants to be guaranteed a starting spot. The only way that happens is if one of BBC leaves. That's where the rumours are coming from and not that they can't afford it without selling.

If Real sign Mbappe for a record fee (not as high as Neymar obviously but still will be highest ever for a teenager) he won't think for a second he's not in their starting XI. Doubt he has any concerns about this and if he did he'd stay at Monaco for another year. He'll move to whomever is offering him more money.

If Real sign Mbappe for a record fee (not as high as Neymar obviously but still will be highest ever for a teenager) he won't think for a second he's not in their starting XI. Doubt he has any concerns about this and if he did he'd stay at Monaco for another year. He'll move to whomever is offering him more money.

But none of BBC would be happy being 2nd choice and Real wouldn't pay the insane wages they do to them for them to be on the bench.

But none of BBC would be happy being 2nd choice and Real wouldn't pay the insane wages they do to them for them to be on the bench.

Bale probably would and if he isn't I think Real would be quite happy to get him off the wage bill. Frankly I don't think Benzema would kick up a stink either. Obviously Ronaldo would cause hell but then why would you ever drop Ronaldo in the first place?

The point you just made on Real not wanting wasted wages on the bench is exactly why I think Bale is possible btw, which suggests they have a strong interest in the financial aspect since having a world class player like Bale on the bench would always be preferable if money wasn't a concern.

As far as I remember Madrid have a preferential deal (For Sahin transfer), so they would have to match Barça offer. Everything depends on the player but they could disturb Barcelona while they do not know about Mbappé.
A clásico with Dembelé against Mbappé does not sound too bad.

Yeah if only the classico had had players of this ilk. We've had to put up with ronaldo, messi, bale, suarez and iniesta for too long.

What you think and what clubs are offering clearly isnt in the same ball park. 60m wont get mbappe, no way no how.

I never said it would, and I never said that's his valuation, what I did say was that £130M for him is crazy, and that to me he's maybe around a £60M player. I know that he's gonna go for a lot more, I just don't find it justifiable, that's me criticising the figures talked about for him not me saying he will go for that. To me Mbappe has simply not shown or done enough to be in the ranges being reported but clubs clearly think otherwise and it's their money, that however, doesn't mean I have to agree

So the club said no? Of did Neymar say no to us?
Perhaps PSG's insane salary offer swung it. Perhaps he just wasn't interested in coming here. Who knows.

Castles is just showing he was correct originally.

Our business so far has been somewhat economic I think. Lindelof and Matic have gone for the same price a good player goes nowadays. Keeping in mind some of last summer's fees (Benteke 30m, Bolaise 30m, Ibe 15m). Of course not as cheap as an Italian or German team get their deals, but I think we haven't overpaid more than 5-10m per player.

Mourinho would love a game changer and we might be watching from the side how all this domino effect unfolds.
Out of Dembele, Mbappe, Neymar, Bale and Coutinho each one of them would improve us going forward. I know Coutinho will never don a United shirt, but I hope he moves so one of the others becomes available.
If Neymar -> PSG
Dembele -> Barcelona
Mbappe -> Real Madrid
Bale -> United

Or
Neymar -> PSG
Coutinho -> Barcelona
Mbappe -> Real Madrid
Dembele -> United

Or it all could be just some wishful thinking.
But I hope that's the reason we're stalling on Perisic, to see if we could get on of those names above.

Well, i wouldn't say it requires a genius to point out the obvious fact that Rashford isn't underrated

Rashford is underrated by United fans. The wankfest over Mbabpe, who has done little more than him in the game to date, shows that. Go and read his performance thread..

I think Rashford has just as much potential and if he continues to improve season after season will be up there with the very best.

wtf has it got to do with them at all?

I think they see it as a massive danger to the balance of power of their big two and want to do anything they can to stop it. I must say I'd love it if it all collapsed but I don't think it will.

Rashford is massively underrated.
No he isn't, I rate him but the fact people but him along the likes of Dembele and Mbappe, despite Rashford's horrendous form throughout the season apart from the end makes me think he's actually overrated.

I think they see it as a massive danger to the balance of power of their big two and want to do anything they can to stop it. I must say I'd love it if it all collapsed but I don't think it will.
What is their end goal here though? Barca have let him go from training to complete this move, so they have resigned to the fact it is happening. Are La Liga telling barca no, you can have him back? :lol:

Rashford is underrated by United fans. The wankfest over Mbabpe, who has done little more than him in the game to date, shows that. Go and read his performance thread..

I think Rashford has just as much potential and if he continues to improve season after season will be up there with the very best.

Fully agree. Rashford too had a very impressive first season.
Rashford has scored against Chelsea, Arsenal and City...So Mbappe's exploits in UCL aren't anything special.
If Rashford trains hard enough and develops well, he could be our KANE