Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

No they didn't. The most frequent number quoted on Mbappe throughout all of this was 130m.
Both Real and City are rumoured to have offered £161m.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure whoever ends up selling to Barca will take them to the cleaners.

Whats the point in this? Unless, we're hijacking, why is he quoting a 4 month old tweet?
José tonight - "The problem is not Neymar, the problem is the consequence of the deal. We will see more £80m, £60m players."

I don't get that tweet from Castles. Is he trying to say Mourinho wants Neymar but the club isn't backing him?

Neymar is probably worth that but not the 25m net per season, 30m bonus or signing away 100 percent of his image rights to him.
Can you imagine his contract extension?

Given the Neymar fee.....i'd imagine Mbappe will wind up costing more....

Mbappe had half a good season, why would he cost more than neymar? realistically, he's a £60M player, if that

Mbappe had half a good season, why would he cost more than neymar? realistically, he's a £60M player, if that

You obviously misread my post. Mbappe has been talked about in the 130m range, so the Neymar transfer to PSG should give Monaco a bit more leverage to demand more than the prices that were previously quoted.

And no, he isn't a 60m player. That would've been fair a year ago but not in this hyperinflated market.

Mbappe to Real, Bale to United, Dembele to Barcelona. Calling it first

so we still end up with the worst deal? :(

You obviously misread my post. Mbappe has been talked about in the 130m range, so the Neymar transfer to PSG should give Monaco a bit more leverage to demand more than the prices that were previously quoted.

And no, he isn't a 60m player. That would've been fair a year ago but not in this hyperinflated market.

yes, and £130M range for him is lunacy even in a hyperinflated market. how do you justify £100M+ for a kid with half a good season? (and i wasn't saying you said he merits such a transfer, i was just saying i don't find it plausible him costing more than neymar)

so we still end up with the worst deal? :(

yes, and £130M range for him is lunacy even in a hyperinflated market. how do you justify £100M+ for a kid with half a good season? (and i wasn't saying you said he merits such a transfer, i was just saying i don't find it plausible him costing more than neymar)

Let's just put it this way - Mbappe is worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay.

So Mbappe, the most promising young player literally on the planet, who lead his team to the CL semi finals in his first full season, is worth just £10m more than Kyle Walker?

Wake up.

so
PSG buy Neymar
Mbappe asks to leave
Barca supposedly interested
Real asking about Dembele
That leaves Draxler maybe
and Perisic. Is Bale still wanting out if Dembele comes.

Who's actually left to get?
Felipe anderson at lazio, Lucas moura, douglas costa (unless hes signed for juve already), marco reus. Isnt draxler more of an inside left than a proper winger?

So Mbappe, the most promising young player literally on the planet, who lead his team to the CL semi finals in his first full season, is worth just £10m more than Kyle Walker?

Wake up.
Getting repetitive isnt it. Apparently we'll get bale for 50m tops as well. :rolleyes:

Not sure what Castles is on here but I'd love to see United throw a wrench is the Neymar saga, for laughs if nothing else

Felipe anderson at lazio, Lucas moura, douglas costa (unless hes signed for juve already), marco reus. Isnt draxler more of an inside left than a proper winger?

Don't think Reus will leave Dortmund. That and his injury record will put potential buyers off.

Reus??? No thanks

Not sure about Draxler but i'd hate to mark the fecker. But if Neymar is in someone is out. Could be him.
Lucas Moura i dont know well enough, Anderson is kinda meh and Costa I wonder is he tainted after Bayern. Seemed to go off the boil. And is he with Juve already. I felt he was but maybe he's not yet.

If we're mixed up in this transfer merry-go-round, I'd much rather try to sign Dembele than Bale, though that won't happen.

Not sure what Castles is on here but I'd love to see United throw a wrench is the Neymar saga, for laughs if nothing else
Think he's just providing supporting evidence for his April article.

It must be a temptation for Woodward though, it would be the hijack of all hijacks and pretty much solve our goal-scoring problem in one swoop.

Wake up.

yes? £60M for promise based on half a season looks right at home in this inflated market. Sure, if he were to repeat those exploits this year then yeah, he would merit a more substantial offer.

mbappe being the most promising young player on the planet is arguable. dembele has shown more and over a longer period of time imo.

that monaco team was awesome, it wasn't a one man show, lemar, bernardo silva, fabinho, mendy etc were all great, CL semi final doesn't suddenly turn one into a £130M player. But like Raoul said, he's worth whatever people are willing to pay, doesn't mean i'll find it justifiable even in the current market climate

Mbappe is massively overrated. He is very good.. but still massively overrated .

Barcelona's increased interest in Mbappe could put pressure on Real to sell Bale quickly so they can offer Mbappe a better financial package than Barca (who obviously have a lot of money from the Neymar deal). Could lead to us getting him for £60-70m imo. Not predicting it will happen but definitely not an impossible transfer imo and yes I still want Bale despite his injury record

Barcelona's increased interest in Mbappe could put pressure on Real to sell Bale quickly so they can offer Mbappe a better financial package than Barca (who obviously have a lot of money from the Neymar deal). Could lead to us getting him for £60-70m imo. Not predicting it will happen but definitely not an impossible transfer imo and yes I still want Bale despite his injury record

Madrid don't need to sell anyone to get money to buy another player. They are after all Madrid and can afford just about any player, and have also just won 3 out of 4 CLs during which they didn't really make any big Galactico type buys so they are due one.