Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

but I thought the caf had agreed Dembele was going to be a bargain at only 60m?

Have they given up on Mbappe?
No, I don´t think so. El confidencial wrote yesterday that the club believes that the interest of City is not completely serious, reason why they didn´t increase their offer (130 + 20 in variables). Mbappé and Dembelé would be great, but it would be another stone on the way to Asensio. Maybe they are trying to complicate Barça plans

We should at least match this.
We won't go for him right now. If he ends up at Madrid, does well and then Madrid go on to try sign the latest new toy and Dembele is slightly surplus to requirements, that's when we'll go and bid 150m for him.

Madrid continue to wait for Mbappe. The situation is complicated if Monaco and the player do not lower their pretensions

The transfer is quite advanced between Liverpool and Barça but Klopp doesn´t want to lose his star under any concept
Edit: *not Liverpool but Coutinho, my mistake

Last edited:
No, I don´t think so. El confidencial wrote yesterday that the club believes that the interest of City is not completely serious, reason why they didn´t increase their offer (130 + 20 in variables). Mbappé and Dembelé would be great, but it would be another stone on the way to Asensio. Maybe they are trying to complicate Barça plans
That's great, no better time to screw with Barca, but you can't fit both Mbappe and Dembele into your side even if you sell Bale.

The transfer is quite advanced between Liverpool and Barça but Klopp doesn´t want to lose his star under any concept

I wonder if he does move it might mean they go in for Dembele as his replacement. Did Klopp work with him when he was there?

so
PSG buy Neymar
Mbappe asks to leave
Barca supposedly interested
Real asking about Dembele
That leaves Draxler maybe
and Perisic. Is Bale still wanting out if Dembele comes.

Who's actually left to get?

Would be a great deal if they could land him for under 100m
Why would Dortmund sell for less than 100m when the whole world knows Barca has 222m sitting in the bank waiting to be spent?

It's the same situation as the Higuain fee being much higher than normal last season.

Would be a great deal if they could land him for under 100m
As far as I remember Madrid have a preferential deal (For Sahin transfer), so they would have to match Barça offer. Everything depends on the player but they could disturb Barcelona while they do not know about Mbappé.
A clásico with Dembelé against Mbappé does not sound too bad.

Why would Dortmund sell for less than 100m when the whole world knows Barca has 222m sitting in the bank waiting to be spent?

It's the same situation as the Higuain fee being much higher than normal last season.

Because the player is only 20 and even in an inflated market, shouldn't go for more than 80m. If you want to throw a "we know you have 222m from Neymar in your wallet" tax into the equation then 100m would seem fair. Despite being promising, no one in their right minds would place Dembele at over 120m

Because the player is only 20 and even in an inflated market, shouldn't go for more than 80m. If you want to throw a "we know you have 222m from Neymar in your wallet" tax into the equation then 100m would seem fair. Despite being promising, no one in their right minds would place Dembele at over 120m
People said that same thing about Mbappe and 180m just a month or so ago.